Winton Woods 2022

These transfers seem awfully fishy.
1. Nothing to see here. Van George can no longer attend Moeller.
2. WW is open enrollment and his parents are currently living in the district.
3. Coach Arvie Crouch (Mt. Healthy former Head Coach) No longer coaches at Mt. Healthy. With the coaching situation not ideal at Mt. Healthy. He suggested to Cornist. try WW. He is good friends with Coach Murphy.

This is all speculation and may not happen unless the athletic association gets greedy. Serious question for WW fans. Do you think last year's team could have gotten out of the Cincinnati region in D1 ?
And could they have competed with St. EDS ?

Last edited:
This is all speculation and may not happen unless the athletic association gets greedy. Serious question for WW fans. Do you think last year's team could have gotten out of the Cincinnati region in D1 ?

I would think they would have been competitive. But no not last year. I think this years team however would have a great chance to get out of 4. WW dominates D2 except Lasalle for the most part. They beat Lasalle, but dominate the field usually. But I think it would be a battle in D1 with the StX's and Lakota West, and Princetons of the world.

All these years WW has been Div. 2, but playing mostly a division 1 schedule, especially when we were independent. WW can definitely compete with division 1 teams. Would we have made it out of region 4 div.1 last yr? Who really knows. Not really concerned with that. Remember we played over the last several years Moeller, Elder, Massillon, St Ed’s, Indy bishop Chartard , Christian Brother, etc.

So playing D1 would not be a issue, remember these teams have to line up and play us too. WW has the talent and athletes to line up with anyone .
Go Warriors

It really doesn't make sense to have a student body of 521 kids go up against schools like Moeller,StX and Mason with enrollment over 1K. Hopefully they leave the cut off at 604.

Well Ed's beat Hoban by 11.
WW beat Hoban by 11.
Ed's lost to Moeller in ot I think.
Was Moe better than WW?
I say not much difference between the top teams in D1 and D2 last year....at the end of the season.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220218-091741_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220218-091741_Twitter.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 53
The schedule is ok and I’m sure we will get every teams best each time out. I’m predicting 10-0 season. The coaching staff proved a lot of doubters last year so I’m excited to see what they will bring in year 2.

The schedule is ok and I’m sure we will get every teams best each time out. I’m predicting 10-0 season. The coaching staff proved a lot of doubters last year so I’m excited to see what they will bring in year 2.

There isn't a team that can compete with WW on the schedule. 4 trap games to look out for though, Anderson (they want to prove they belong in the upper of R8, Turpin (very tough team but should be a WW win), and Walnut Hills (D1 team that has the athletes to compete.) The other one will surprise some people WC. WC with new coach Mahon will have a chip on their shoulder and the game is at WC. WC doesn't have the dudes to compete, but its late in the year at WC's place, WW could be in a lull if they let themselves at that time, and it could be a signature program building win if they can pull it off with a new coach.

Well Mickey I get ya but just look at this season's schedule and 7-3 record.
Only difference is that you guys are not on there!
Dangit!
I hate it so bad. It feels like a real high-school football game when LS and WW hook up: Two very good teams, two very good fan bases and two actual high-school bands doing their thing. Instead during Week 2, a Canadian team visits Lancer Stadium and the other side of the field will be mostly empty.

There isn't a team that can compete with WW on the schedule. 4 trap games to look out for though, Anderson (they want to prove they belong in the upper of R8, Turpin (very tough team but should be a WW win), and Walnut Hills (D1 team that has the athletes to compete.) The other one will surprise some people WC. WC with new coach Mahon will have a chip on their shoulder and the game is at WC. WC doesn't have the dudes to compete, but its late in the year at WC's place, WW could be in a lull if they let themselves at that time, and it could be a signature program building win if they can pull it off with a new coach.
I only see trap games as well and sometimes a loss will wake people up but hopefully this season we can run the table from start to finish.

The Warriors will have another solid team on Kemper Rd this fall. The greatest challenge these coaches and players may face could be the egos that may develop from some of the college recruiting things I've seen on social media. Sometimes you can "loose sight of the forest bc of the trees". I hope that doesn't happen.

Winton Woods is bringing 2 top shelf running backs and a highly regarded QB to the party. I'm truelly excited to see how the offensive brain trust calls plays this year.