Winton Woods 2022

Truthteller513

Just saw on Twitter Winton Woods is loading up for a repeat adding 2 more pieces to the puzzle
FB_IMG_1645754014025.jpg

Good news for WW. Good luck to all! Both players look really good. I'm sure however people will be checking eligibility on these players this year though. Hopefully WW is ready to deal with that headache. Anytime you have 2 players of this caliber transfer it throws up allegations and red flags. Especially after a state title win and 1 kid from a neighboring smaller school and another who looks like a big time recruit in the next year or 2. I guess the ECC is just going to hand over the championship this year to them. Can we skip it all and just get to Lasalle Vs WW in the regional game?

WW has a throwing QB and very capable receivers with 3 tops shelf backs (I'm including Spears as a Back). WW is going to be a problem next year.

WW has a throwing QB and very capable receivers with 3 tops shelf backs (I'm including Spears as a Back). WW is going to be a problem next year.
Trey Cornist will be touting the rock for WW next season. He rushed for 1, 300 yards 14 tds while dealing with a season long hamstring injury that caused him to miss a game as well. He was less than 70% for the first half of the season.

Trey Cornist will be touting the rock for WW next season. He rushed for 1, 300 yards 14 tds while dealing with a season long hamstring injury that caused him to miss a game as well. He was less than 70% for the first half of the season.
I hope Minor still gets his touches, I like his running style.

Can’t wait to see the 2022 version of my Warriors!
Transfers are nice but they have to earn playing time on this team.
Minor and SPEARS are no joke and will get the ball plenty you would think.

Offensive skill guys and DB’s on this team is loaded.
Q is back at MLB.
How we looking at other LB spots?
Also O-Line and D-line lost a lot of guys.
How we lookin there?
Lets go.

Absolutely. No school, school district or athletics program owns these kids.

Spoken like a true GCL guy. Your correct. As long as they play by the rules established by OHSAA. I think its stupid to choose a school due to a sport unless they are paying for your tuition. Me personally with my kids when choosing schools its academics first, sport second. I think the Red Flag that gets thrown up is WW has a reputation of being a school that is not considered to be lets just say "top" educational destination. They may be getting better but they are not Wyoming, Walnut Hills, or even Loveland. Where as Moeller has that reputation. So IMO this kid is definitely transferring to a public school for football reasons. Its kind of like when Paris Johnson JR transferred to Princeton from St X. It was definitely for football reasons. His parents must either feel he is the real deal and they want him to play for Murphy who is a hell of a QB coach, they can no longer afford the tuition, or he isnt going to be the starter next year, as Moeller connections definitely help out getting into college and in the business world. Plus Moeller football isnt exactly bad football either.

Spoken like a true GCL guy. Your correct. As long as they play by the rules established by OHSAA. I think its stupid to choose a school due to a sport unless they are paying for your tuition. Me personally with my kids when choosing schools its academics first, sport second. I think the Red Flag that gets thrown up is WW has a reputation of being a school that is not considered to be lets just say "top" educational destination. They may be getting better but they are not Wyoming, Walnut Hills, or even Loveland. Where as Moeller has that reputation. So IMO this kid is definitely transferring to a public school for football reasons. Its kind of like when Paris Johnson JR transferred to Princeton from St X. It was definitely for football reasons. His parents must either feel he is the real deal and they want him to play for Murphy who is a hell of a QB coach, they can no longer afford the tuition, or he isnt going to be the starter next year, as Moeller connections definitely help out getting into college and in the business world. Plus Moeller football isnt exactly bad football either.
"Red flag"?
Why is a family's choice of school anyone's business other than the student and his family?

As long as they play by the rules established by OHSAA.
This goes without saying. Academics is my top priority too.

So IMO this kid is definitely transferring to a public school for football reasons.
If you are talking about the former Moeller QB, you should probably venture over to the Moeller board and read a little about this situation.

Also as from being from Forest Park, Im kind o
"Red flag"?
Why is a family's choice of school anyone's business other than the student and his family?
If you read the entire message it isnt anyones business, as long as it follows along with OSHAA protocols. What ends being other peoples business is when recruiting and illegal practices happen to build "super teams" That effect HS football as a whole. I am a WW fan, as well as other schools but a bigger HS football fan and integrity of the sport. But yes it is called a "red flag" when it calls attention. Look at what happened with basketball and Hamilton 2 years ago. Red Flags were brought up and people got in a bit of trouble.

If you read the entire message it isnt anyones business, as long as it follows along with OSHAA protocols. What ends being other peoples business is when recruiting and illegal practices happen to build "super teams" That effect HS football as a whole. I am a WW fan, as well as other schools but a bigger HS football fan and integrity of the sport. But yes it is called a "red flag" when it calls attention. Look at what happened with basketball and Hamilton 2 years ago. Red Flags were brought up and people got in a bit of trouble.
Being from Forest Park?...lots of people have lived there so not following ya.

What evidence do you have of "illegal practices"?
You are bringing this up so you must have some kind of ax to grind.
You have done it before so you are a regular offender.

Give the kids and men who run the program some credit vs trying to smear them.
Whatever happened to that geez.

For being from Forest Park it seem you have a consistent hate for the city, your comments about FP always has a consistent undertone of FP lacking this or that.

I think it's funny you guys think because someone who has seen it all at WW/FP/ and GH on and off the field has an axe to grind when they point out where there may be an issue. I've never said there was. I said though a kid from Moeller transfers to WW people will ask questions. I think this staff they have at WW currently is amazing. Murphy is the real deal and was a great replacement for Parker who is also a phenomenal coach. I'm just honest in what I see. This kid is going to WW to play football. That is between him and his family. I just hope that it's on the up and up so a team I like doesn't get screwed in the end when they win another title this year. If you think coaches in the ECC aren't going to ask questions then your mistaking. Most kids who go to Moeller don't already live in Forest Park, Greenhills, or South of the lake. Most kids who live there go to Bacon and St X if they are private. It's just an odd situation. So slow down, relax, take a breath. I'm just pointing out what some may be thinking.

As for hate for the city. My parents still live there and I'm in FP at least once a week. There were issues in the schools for a long time. Mostly due to money and such. Academics have long suffered there until recently. It seems as if they are turning the corner and on the come up. I am proud of what I saw this year and what Coach Parker did in his tenure. I just hope they can get that level of success in all things academics, sports, and musically. I'm rooting for WW to be strong. In my head they are the favorite this year to win it all.

This goes without saying. Academics is my top priority too.

If you are talking about the former Moeller QB, you should probably venture over to the Moeller board and read a little about this situation.

I read the thread. Had no idea he was involved. I heard about it. But didn't realize it was him. Hopefully he learns a lesson to help him later in life. Maybe it puts him in a better situation where he is happy

I think it's funny you guys think because someone who has seen it all at WW/FP/ and GH on and off the field has an axe to grind when they point out where there may be an issue. I've never said there was. I said though a kid from Moeller transfers to WW people will ask questions. I think this staff they have at WW currently is amazing. Murphy is the real deal and was a great replacement for Parker who is also a phenomenal coach. I'm just honest in what I see. This kid is going to WW to play football. That is between him and his family. I just hope that it's on the up and up so a team I like doesn't get screwed in the end when they win another title this year. If you think coaches in the ECC aren't going to ask questions then your mistaking. Most kids who go to Moeller don't already live in Forest Park, Greenhills, or South of the lake. Most kids who live there go to Bacon and St X if they are private. It's just an odd situation. So slow down, relax, take a breath. I'm just pointing out what some may be thinking.

As for hate for the city. My parents still live there and I'm in FP at least once a week. There were issues in the schools for a long time. Mostly due to money and such. Academics have long suffered there until recently. It seems as if they are turning the corner and on the come up. I am proud of what I saw this year and what Coach Parker did in his tenure. I just hope they can get that level of success in all things academics, sports, and musically. I'm rooting for WW to be strong. In my head they are the favorite this year to win it all.
Hey 66 I have no fight with you.
I've seen you comment over the years on WW stuff.
You seem to have a problem with open enrollment in general and you are welcome to your opinion.

I think you are an alum so enjoy the success.
We could have grown up in a lot worse hell holes lol.
I enjoyed my time living there.

Hey 66 I have no fight with you.
I've seen you comment over the years on WW stuff.
You seem to have a problem with open enrollment in general and you are welcome to your opinion.

I think you are an alum so enjoy the success.
We could have grown up in a lot worse hell holes lol.
I enjoyed my time living there.

Your spot on. I miss the days of playing for the pride of your city. Homegrown talent is IMO the best. For years publics hated privates due to the "recruiting" crap. And any recruiting happening was very much on the DL. But now its like lets play ball. I believe these kids are worse off for it. Look at the transfer portal in NCAA D1. Kids like Tate Martell dont compete anymore. They just hop on to whatever is easiest for them. And more power to them if its successful. But its not how I was raised.

Looking like Winton Woods heading to D1 sooner then later because of the influx of kids from other districts.