Why is Juneteenth a National Holiday and June 2nd isn't?

U

username123

We all know what Juneteenth is, but why is there never any mention of June 2nd?

June 2nd, 1924 is the date that President Calvin Coolidge signed The Indian Citizenship Act into law. This law finally granted citizenship to Native peoples. hard to believe that it took until 1924 for all people born in The United States to be considered citizens.

Should be some recognition of it, no?

June 2nd, 1924 is the date that President Calvin Coolidge signed The Indian Citizenship Act into law. This law finally granted citizenship to Native peoples. hard to believe that it took until 1924 for all people born in The United States to be considered citizens.

Because Indians don't riot, loot and burn down our cities.

Great, another useless grievance thread where the echo chamber all agrees. :LOL:

8SVD.gif

I was/am against the addition of the Juneteenth federal holiday. But I believe, as alluded to above, that additional federal holidays are coming.

White males “haven’t done enough” to wash away their guilt for the mistreatment of native people, Hispanics, women, etc. so there may be a push for those groups to be recognized as well through a federal holiday. I hope that’s not the case.

I’m not whitewashing the fact that great wrongs have been committed and that there’s still room for improvement, but having more holidays is not the answer.

I was/am against the addition of the Juneteenth federal holiday. But I believe, as alluded to above, that additional federal holidays are coming.

White males “haven’t done enough” to wash away their guilt for the mistreatment of native people, Hispanics, women, etc. so there may be a push for those groups to be recognized as well through a federal holiday. I hope that’s not the case.

I’m not whitewashing the fact that great wrongs have been committed and that there’s still room for improvement, but having more holidays is not the answer.
I completely agree. I think most national holidays are ridiculous. Fourth of July and Memorial Day are really the only ones needed.

Kind of answered your own question. Poor baby worried about "hypocrisy." Well now you have the means to solve that.
Re: Hypocrisy. Can't deny that
The hypocrisy is yours if the lack of a holiday is keeping you awake. It's a worthy celebration, your chance to become a national hero. Go to it boy.

So frecriss, unburden yourself. Where'd you get the idea for this thread? Who brought the light to you on Indian Affairs?

Kind of answered your own question. Poor baby worried about "hypocrisy." Well now you have the means to solve that.

So frecriss, unburden yourself. Where'd you get the idea for this thread? Who brought the light to you on Indian Affairs?
Juneteenth has nothing to do with The Indian Citizenship Act. Try again toddler.
As for your second rambling, and not that it's any of your business, but I am half Cherokee. But the plight of native people is swept under the rug because they aren't a big enough voting block.

Proof from CNN....On Election Night, CNN broadcast a table showing the results of an exit poll that broke the national electorate down into racial demographics. It read: White — 65 percent, Latino — 13 percent, Black — 12 percent, Something else — 6 percent, Asian — 3 percent. Almost immediately, that second-to-last category, "Something Else," provoked an online uproar among the people of Indian Country.

To this day, the discrimination against Native's is in every corner of society.

Last edited by a moderator:
Juneteenth has nothing to do with The Indian Citizenship Act. Try again toddler.
Read the post again toddler. I made no such reference. You answered your own question as to why we have a Juneteenth (we all know it) and not a June 2nd. lol

Take your "half" and make a case. You'll do better if you bring light on June 2 without crying "well sniff sniff, they got one, why can't we have one." You'll get better results if you don't come at it as if your diaper is full. And yes, reasons are the business of those you are apparently asking backing for. If that were actually the case here.

Now quit the f-in lying. At no point have you advocated for Native recognition. Your admitted whole purpose was to whine about some "lefty" hypocrisy. God I wish you clones would stop calling yourself "right" conservative You're whiney anarchists.

Last edited:
Read the post again toddler. You answered your own question as to why we have a Juneteenth (we all know it) and not a June 2nd. lol
No, I asked why Juneteenth is a holiday and June 2nd is never mentioned. Comprehension there Romper Room.

No, I asked why Juneteenth is a holiday and June 2nd is never mentioned. Comprehension there Romper Room.
Comprehesion you unfertlized genetically malfunctioning egg roll. There is no mention of June 2nd because something along the order of the something else have even been made aware what the f it is. You're pooping your diaper because "someone else" got a holiday and then blame the "lefties" as if they are somehow more in the thrall of slave descendents than they are of Native American plight.

A fully functioning adult does not have to do that. Make and let your case stand on its own merits. Show some strength. Seriously, you're blaming the left because Native Americans don't have a citizenship holiday? You think today's "right" is going to stand up for your cause?

June 2nd, 1924 ....

Comprehesion you unfertlized genetically malfunctioning egg roll. There is no mention of June 2nd because something along the order of the something else have even been made aware what the f it is. You're pooping your diaper because "someone else" got a holiday and then blame the "lefties" as if they are somehow more in the thrall of slave descendents than they are of Native American plight.

A fully functioning adult does not have to do that. Make and let your case stand on its own merits. Show some strength. Seriously, you're blaming the left because Native Americans don't have a citizenship holiday? You think today's "right" is going to stand up for your cause?
Rambling again. I asked a simple question, is that all it takes to trigger you people these days?

Your second paragraph is just ridiculous.
1) I am not blaming anyone for anything and I already said that most national holidays are ridiculous.
2) No one will take up any cause for the Native people as I have stated before, they are not a large enough voting block.

Which leads to....

3) The Dems are not taking up any cause for Blacks, they are pandering and using them for votes because they are a large enough voting block.

You get so upset when it might be suggested that something should be done for anyone that isn't black. Such a racist, hate filled person you must be.

Something to think about regarding our Nation’s new Holiday, Juneteenth, commemorating the end of slavery in the U.S.

From 1525-1866, 12.5 million Africans were taken from their families and homes and shipped across the Atlantic Ocean to the new world. 10 million of them survived the trip. Of those 10 million people, 6% were brought to North America (present day United States)

The remaining 94% were taken to South America and the Caribbean Islands.

Today, there are 40 million people worldwide who are enslaved. The highest number of all time.

I’m not attempting to diminish what our country did or the role they played in such atrocities. I am pointing out slavery is and always has been a major global crisis, spanning every corner of the planet, every country, every culture, every religion, every gender, every race, every age.

Slavery was not solely a United States problem, and it most certainly did not disappear in 1866.

Because Indians don't riot, loot and burn down our cities.
At the time most native Americans didn’t even want citizenship. They wanted to be finally left alone. The whole citizenship movement came from white guilty conscience. They sure never asked for citizenship or protested for it. Read your history.

At the time most native Americans didn’t even want citizenship. They wanted to be finally left alone. The whole citizenship movement came from white guilty conscience. They sure never asked for citizenship or protested for it. Read your history.
Yes and no. Natives did want to be left alone but as the Democrats kept butchering them, they then wanted citizenship. The lessons of appeasement should be learned in today's society. The natives did not fight back and look where it got them. My ancestry is Cherokee and they were one of five tribes that agreed to become "civilized". When the government didnt find that good enough, there was the Indian Removal Act. Only the Seminoles fought back against that. After the genocidal death march known as the Trail of Tears, the "Civilized Tribes" thought they were finally at peace until the government signed The Dawes Act which allowed for millions of acres of Indian Territory to be, again, stolen from them.

But even with the Indian Citizenship Act, it stil was not enough. Natives still couldnt vote in many states. Arizona finally allowed it in 1948 and that last state, Utah, didnt give Natives the right to vote until 1962.

Today, the native people are burdened by poverty, crime, drug and alcohol abuse and human trafficking. All self inflicted. The plight of the Native people should be a lesson for all of us to learn from.

Did they riot and loot and burn out cities?

No.

Read your history.

Yes and no. Natives did want to be left alone but as the Democrats kept butchering them, they then wanted citizenship. The lessons of appeasement should be learned in today's society. The natives did not fight back and look where it got them. My ancestry is Cherokee and they were one of five tribes that agreed to become "civilized". When the government didnt find that good enough, there was the Indian Removal Act. Only the Seminoles fought back against that. After the genocidal death march known as the Trail of Tears, the "Civilized Tribes" thought they were finally at peace until the government signed The Dawes Act which allowed for millions of acres of Indian Territory to be, again, stolen from them.

But even with the Indian Citizenship Act, it stil was not enough. Natives still couldnt vote in many states. Arizona finally allowed it in 1948 and that last state, Utah, didnt give Natives the right to vote until 1962.

Today, the native people are burdened by poverty, crime, drug and alcohol abuse and human trafficking. All self inflicted. The plight of the Native people should be a lesson for all of us to learn from.
Jesus man I hope you do not give history lessons in public. For your sake.

BTW, every white trash person I know says they are "part Cherokee."

Rambling again. I asked a simple question, is that all it takes to trigger you people these days?
and another non-response from the guy with no sense.It's either "lefties" or "toddler" or "you people: or some other diminutive response from you instead of cogent reason. Well, it was "you people" that in post #2 that said "ok" to your request for a holiday so ....