WHY did Nicky Satan leave for the greener pastures of Mara Lago adjacent?...

SWGA Fan

MANY say that it was a FAMILY decision. MANY OTHERS say that it was time, according to the little woman. But HERE is MY take, among others in the know. Satan determined that THIS was his best coaching job EVER. Having won a half dozen losable games. WELL, he had done THAT in at least TWO seasons recently, pulling numerous games out of his butt against, UF, UGA, Tejas A&M, Tejas, Ark., and AWEBUN. But NUMBER ONE of these reasons was. He was able to maintain his legacy, after having ended UGA's bid for a three peat. THE END..........OF AL A BAM A!

As an aside, Satan not only left the Gumps at the WORST possible time, to maintain any modicum of consistency. But he ALSO recommended the hire of a dude who he KNEW was in NO danger of surpassing HIS legacy as the supposed G O A T! He SHOULD have waited til SUMMER time, when the transfer portal would have been closed to all these defections. And he SHOULD have recommended either coaches from Tejas Steve Sarkesian, or Old Mississippi's coach Lane Kiffin, who BOTH have ties to the Gumps.

Last edited:

Being in a state that has Mississippi on one side and Georgia on the other side, maybe he got tired of being surrounded by inbred hillbillies?
1705668111880.png
1705668178616.png
1705668192744.png
1705668228598.png

The simple answer is that he did not want to deal with NIL and the portal any more. He has been preaching for years that this was coming and it would totally change college football, and it needed rules/guardrails. He dislikes the "new" college football.

Being in a state that has Mississippi on one side and Georgia on the other side, maybe he got tired of being surrounded by inbred hillbillies?
Is Ohio really that much different once you get outside the cities?

I haven’t spent much time in the south, so I can’t say. But I’m guessing there is a difference between rural Ohio and the Deep South.
I have lived in rural Ohio, West Virginia, and South Carolina. All three give truth to the stereotypes, all three are havens of what is good in America.

MANY say that it was a FAMILY decision. MANY OTHERS say that it was time, according to the little woman. But HERE is MY take, among others in the know. Satan determined that THIS was his best coaching job EVER. Having won a half dozen losable games. WELL, he had done THAT in at least TWO seasons recently, pulling numerous games out of his butt against, UF, UGA, Tejas A&M, Tejas, Ark., and AWEBUN. But NUMBER ONE of these reasons was. He was able to maintain his legacy, after having ended UGA's bid for a three peat. THE END..........OF AL A BAM A!
1705699125482.png

Please think about taking an English class.

I have lived in rural Ohio, West Virginia, and South Carolina. All three give truth to the stereotypes, all three are havens of what is good in America.
In Ohio, lots, and I mean lots of rural towns have colleges. I’m told that D3 colleges do not exist in the south.

In Ohio, lots, and I mean lots of rural towns have colleges. I’m told that D3 colleges do not exist in the south.
I am near Spartanburg. There are 4 colleges: USC Upstate, Converse, Wofford, and Spartanburg Methodist. We have world class manufacturing and access to world class cultural events. The area is more racially diverse and desegregated than many places in Ohio, but we retain the good of the old south culture. That said there are gang bangers and scenes from Deliverance within 5 miles of my residence. You can't judge a book by its cover. I love the tree lined small Midwestern town ambience of Ohio, yet opportunities exist elsewhere.

WEST Georgia once played for the DIII championship, against Widener College. I happened to be there. But most if not all, have moved up to the DII ranks. That being said. MOST small colleges in Georgia, do not play football. They concentrate on having some of the best baseball at ANY level, among their DII ranks. Along with our close brethren, Columbus State, Young Harris, North Georgia, Newberry, North Greenville, U. of Tampa, and USC Aiken. Only Valdosta State, the HBC & U, and the South Carolina schools, play football in our area.

Last edited:
I am near Spartanburg. There are 4 colleges: USC Upstate, Converse, Wofford, and Spartanburg Methodist. We have world class manufacturing and access to world class cultural events. The area is more racially diverse and desegregated than many places in Ohio, but we retain the good of the old south culture. That said there are gang bangers and scenes from Deliverance within 5 miles of my residence. You can't judge a book by its cover. I love the tree lined small Midwestern town ambience of Ohio, yet opportunities exist elsewhere.
When I was growing up in the fifties and sixties. I always use to hear about how backward the SOUTH was compared to the NORTH! And THEN, I trekked to places like Pa., Kentucky, West Virginnie, Ohio, Illinois, and Ind. in the late sixties, seventies, eighties, and nineties. And LOW and beHOLD, it was like going back in time to the one horse towns, where I grew up in South Alabama, North Florida, and South Georgia. I went to Ephrata, Pa. in 1995, to visit my sister in law at her bed and breakfast. And the town had picket lines in front of the proposed WALMART STORE. Saying we don't WANT IT HERE. Opting to stay with the mom and pops throughout the whole damn state. UNBELIEVEABLE! And going through the state and Ohio. I would run into shops in the middle of NOWHERE, selling antiques and hobby items. Not to mention seeing a gas station fifteen miles from a small town. I haven't seen THAT in Georgia, since the 1980's. And five and dime stores, and family owned hardware stores are EVERYWHERE! I must say that is WAS refreshing, but BIZZARO at the same time. HELL, I remember going down interstate in MIZZZO and Pa. And there was virtually NO PLACE to eat along the roadway. It would say, so and so restaurant, THAT a WAY. And we'd travel TEN MILES to a small town, to eat at PIZZA HUT. About the only place we found to eat, except diners. There are three diners in GEORGIA, that I'm aware of! But we have 2000 chain eateries all along the highways and byways of the state.

As an aside, the funniest thing I've seen in the ATL metro is. All those Northern sightseers coming down I-75 SOUTH, stacking up on TARA Blvd., in anticipation of seeing the plantation home of MISS SCARLETT in GONE with the WIND! ***ROTFLMAO*** It was a fabrication of our home girl, Margret Mitchell.

As for small town ambience. It's STILL here in Georgia. You just hafta look for it today. Places like Dahlonega, Helen, Newton, Climax, Attapulgus, Gibson, Between, Fargo, Blackshear, Norman Park, Broxton, St. Mary's, and downtown SAVANNAH. There are even a few places where major motion pictures are shot, with lil change to the scenery, to bring back the ambience of the ole days. They even cover main street of one small town with dirt. To bring back a resemblance to when Bonny and Clyde roamed the highways of small town America.

Last edited:
When I was growing up in the fifties and sixties. I always use to hear about how backward the SOUTH was compared to the NORTH! And THEN, I trekked to places like Pa., Kentucky, West Virginnie, Ohio, Illinois, and Ind. in the late sixties, seventies, eighties, and nineties. And LOW and beHOLD, it was like going back in time to the one horse towns, where I grew up in South Alabama, North Florida, and South Georgia. I went to Ephrata, Pa. in 1995, to visit my sister in law at her bed and breakfast. And the town had picket lines in front of the proposed WALMART STORE. Saying we don't WANT IT HERE. Opting to stay with the mom and pops throughout the whole damn state. UNBELIEVEABLE! And going through the state and Ohio. I would run into shops in the middle of NOWHERE, selling antiques and hobby items. Not to mention seeing a gas station fifteen miles from a small town. I haven't seen THAT in Georgia, since the 1980's. And five and dime stores, and family owned hardware stores are EVERYWHERE! I must say that is WAS refreshing, but BIZZARO at the same time. HELL, I remember going down interstate in MIZZZO and Pa. And there was virtually NO PLACE to eat along the roadway. It would say, so and so restaurant, THAT a WAY. And we'd travel TEN MILES to a small town, to eat at PIZZA HUT. About the only place we found to eat, except diners. There are three diners in GEORGIA, that I'm aware of! But we have 2000 chain eateries all along the highways and byways of the state.

As an aside, the funniest thing I've seen in the ATL metro is. All those Northern sightseers coming down I-75 SOUTH, stacking up on TARA Blvd., in anticipation of seeing the plantation home of MISS SCARLETT in GONE with the WIND! ***ROTFLMAO*** It was a fabrication of our home girl, Margret Mitchell.

As for small town ambience. It's STILL here in Georgia. You just hafta look for it today. Places like Dahlonega, Helen, Newton, Climax, Attapulgus, Gibson, Between, Fargo, Blackshear, Norman Park, Broxton, St. Mary's, and downtown SAVANNAH. There are even a few places where major motion pictures are shot, with lil change to the scenery, to bring back the ambience of the ole days. They even cover main street of one small town with dirt. To bring back a resemblance to when Bonny and Clyde roamed the highways of small town America.
I always loved the "Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil" ambiance of Savannah. Very Faulkner-esque, but that was 30 years ago. Unfortunately nothing stays exactly the same.

You think chain restaurants are a good thing? I always look for mom and pop restaurants to eat at when I travel, would never consider a chain. Selling antiques is backwoods? lol You certainly do have some strange ideas.

View attachment 53143View attachment 53144View attachment 53145View attachment 53146
You DO realize that GEORGIA is the EMPIRE STATE of the SOUTH. With the BUSIEST airport in the WORLD? The home of Cabbage Patch Kids, COCA COLA, and CHIC FIL A, the second largest seaport on the Eastern Seaboard, and the AUGUSTA NATIONAL GOLF CLUB? (AKA THE MASTER'S) PLUS, eight of the nation's most strategic military bases. THAT, and you snowbirds can't get to your second home in FLAAAAWDA, without going through JAWJA on I-95, US 441, and I-75!!!!

THAT, and you snowbirds can't get to your second home in FLAAAAWDA, without going through JAWJA on I-95, US 441, and I-75!!!!
That is the problem. The state is too big so you can't hold your breath that long to drive through it. When you drive through a town that is having a family reunion it is a ghost town. The whole town is at the family reunion. The most confusing day of the year in Georgia is father's day. And I hate banjo music. But I will admit, you sure can dance.