• Sycamore Mohawk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Henry

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jackson Center

Votes: 10 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many of those DSJ football players attended DSJ since first grade? How many Richmond Heights players attended RH since first grade? Trust me, I'm not the only one who doesn't like what's going on with teams like Richmond Heights.
Who cares how long they have played together? There are lots of teams that have played together since first grade that are God awful. Not sure why you might feel the one team that has been together since first grade and is fortunate enough to make it to the title game is entitled to a championship.

How many of those DSJ football players attended DSJ since first grade? How many Richmond Heights players attended RH since first grade? Trust me, I'm not the only one who doesn't like what's going on with teams like Richmond Heights.
A majority of the players have been at RH since kindergarten.

But, but, but the MAC schools are always superior in athletics because of their strong work ethic and family values! Or at least until they watered down the football playoffs to make them relevant.

The starting running back on that DSJ team went there since kindergarten. The QB? Kindergarten. The entire offensive line? Kindergarten. The fullback? Kindergarten.
LOL Zack Webber was home grown? How about protecting a coach that abused a student there? Don’t go holier then thou. Long discussions about the history of transfers on other sites. All were perfectly legitimate transfers, just don’t blow sheet it never happens and every one of your kids were 100% homegrown. Most were but not all. Settle down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two more years of that. Those kids are sophomores. I look forward to two more years of how RH doesn't play "team basketball" or have a "community following".

Like I said -- and I think most agree -- RH is arguably the best team in the state. Would have loved to see them in D1.
Me too! Maybe the OHSAA can take note and allow them to accept a challenge and willingly move up. D4 tourney gives them all nice memories but does absolutely nothing to develop them as basketball players. Close games in a tourney are where players are truly tested and developed.

Me too! Maybe the OHSAA can take note and allow them to accept a challenge and willingly move up. D4 tourney gives them all nice memories but does absolutely nothing to develop them as basketball players. Close games in a tourney are where players are truly tested and developed.
The regular season develops them as basketball players. Routing whiny D4 rural schools continues that development.

LOL which class? How far back? How about protecting a coach that abused a student there? Don’t go holier then thou. Long discussions about the history of transfers on other sites. All were perfectly legitimate transfers, just don’t blow sheet it never happens and every one of your kids were 100% homegrown. Most were but not all. Settle down.
The 2010 state team that played Shadyside, which is what was being discussed. The entire starting lineup had been at DSJ since Kindergarten or 1st grade. And most, if not all, has at least one parent go to DSJ as well

And yes, DSJ protected that predator Whiting (sp?) all those years back. Put that on the teachers/school board of the late 90s

Looks like they are pretty developed. Their regular season and off season AAU is tougher then anything they will see in the state tournament.

The 2010 state team that played Shadyside, which is what was being discussed. The entire starting lineup had been at DSJ since Kindergarten or 1st grade. And most, if not all, has at least one parent go to DSJ as well

And yes, DSJ protected that predator Whiting (sp?) all those years back. Put that on the teachers/school board of the late 90s
Yes you are correct on the 2010 team. Vic was protected because he won. You all made a deal with the devil on that one. Left him off to offend at another school.

The regular season develops them as basketball players. Routing whiny D4 rural schools continues that development.
I have no rooting interest with any D4 school. I just can recognize when a team is wasting their time basically doing the equivalent of travel teams playing in a Rec ball league. Great memories….congrats you’re the D4 Champs… but if ya gonna go out of your way to form a team like this the you might as well go for greater championships. Imagine how long we would all talk about the D4 back 2 back champs who took on the big boys? The story would be better than Hoosiers.

I have no rooting interest with any D4 school. I just can recognize when a team is wasting their time basically doing the equivalent of travel teams playing in a Rec ball league. Great memories….congrats you’re the D4 Champs… but if ya gonna go out of your way to form a team like this the you might as well go for greater championships. Imagine how long we would all talk about the D4 back 2 back champs who took on the big boys? The story would be better than Hoosiers.
well yeah if they were a small rural home grown team with no expectations to beat the bigger school. No one made a big deal out of North College Hill beating big boys nor would they Richmond Hts if all the complaints are valid. It would just be that team doing the expected.

I think OHSAA if they wanted to increase fan attendance try this.
D 1 champion plays D4 champion.
D2 cham
The OHSAA if smart may want to try something similar to Hoosiers.
Have D1 champ play D 4 champ. Have D 2 champ play D 3 champ.
Winners play for overall Ohio 🏆 and losers play consolation game...Hoosiers!

Last edited:
I'd actually be interested in getting some truth serum and asking the Richmond Heights players/coaches what they are more proud of, the Division IV state champ or "winning" basically every single poll rankings as the top overall team in Northeast Ohio. My guess is all would say the state title, but deep down being considered the best team in Northeast Ohio was the bigger accomplishment.

With that, Richmond Heights being in Division IV was them being placed in the correct bracket per the OHSAA rules. But, personally, I would have liked to see how far they could have gone in some of the upper divisions ... though I'm guessing schools like Lutheran West, Buchtel, Lutheran East aren't complaining about RH being placed in what was their rightful division.

Prove that they recruit and keep their enrollment down? You sound as ridiculous as your screen name.

My project (1).png

D 1 champion plays D4 champion.
D2 cham

The OHSAA if smart may want to try something similar to Hoosiers.
Have D1 champ play D 4 champ. Have D 2 champ play D 3 champ.
Winners play for overall Ohio 🏆 and losers play consolation game...Hoosiers!
Soon as you do anything of this sort it lessons winning the divisional title and increases the value of the overall title, the champion of champions.

Look at college bowl games now vs before the playoffs were inacted. Just as was predicted, once a playoff system was put in place those bowl games on Jan 1 don't mean what they used to, and not as many tune in to see what happens. Expanded playoffs will further compound the issue.

Leave it the way it is, but anticipate more situations where lower divisions may have a ringer to contend with.

One could argue that the MAC football schools have an unfair advantage over other schools their size because they refuse to offer boys soccer. I guess their championships don’t mean anything because they have an unfair advantage.

But, but, but the MAC schools are always superior in athletics because of their strong work ethic and family values! Or at least until they watered down the football playoffs to make them relevant.
You mean when the rules were changed to allow the small schools who play small schools a chance at making the playoffs? When it was 3 classes, the MAC schools and other small rural schools that played the same size schools in their conference had virtually no shot at making the playoffs as a lot of the small school powers back then played a lot of conference opponents that were a higher class school enrollment wise and got them more computer points. Prior to the playoffs expanding in 1988, 1993, 1999 and 2014, there were plenty of MAC Schools that could have competed and won state in football. When the playoffs were expanded, it didn't water down the playoffs, it gave deserving teams an opportunity to compete for a state championship.

One could argue that the MAC football schools have an unfair advantage over other schools their size because they refuse to offer boys soccer. I guess their championships don’t mean anything because they have an unfair advantage.
Don’t forget that they’re genetically bigger. I think you’ve made that argument on here before 😂

Don’t forget that they’re genetically bigger. I think you’ve made that argument on here before 😂
I have. I guess you never get out much to non German catholic heritage areas. First time I ever went to McSobers I was amazed. We had a couple of tall kids at my school, one was 6’6”. Most of my classmates were 5’8 to 10 range. It seemed like everyone at the bar was over 6 foot, even the girls. I used to tease my son who is about six foot he should hang out in Minster to get some height in the family. I have heard some locals there say it is from eating home grown beef and bailing hay. You honestly don’t think there is anything unusual about the size of kids in Mercer Co compared to let’s say Paulding County?