• Tiffin Calvert

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Antwerp

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Marion Local

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how about that... across from the Burger King..

well one of the Richmond Hts players Mom lives across from the McDonald's in town, another players Grandma lives across the street from the high school, and yet another has a Dad, Aunt and Uncle live across from the Taco Bell

crazy coincidence

Unfortunately this was a game to see who would be D 4 runner up. But stranger things have happened in tournaments.

Tri-village wins it all no body will stop there defense and scoring you got 4 that can come of the bench and score 10 points each hard to stop
I think ol' sags only used 3 off of his bench all game today. None of them scored 10 either.

how about that... across from the Burger King..

well one of the Richmond Hts players Mom lives across from the McDonald's in town, another players Grandma lives across the street from the high school, and yet another has a Dad, Aunt and Uncle live across from the Taco Bell

crazy coincidence
If you have been to Berlin you would know. Small town and his Mom lived there for years.

seems like sarcasm is something that people don't quite get in Berlin...

so I will explain -
your excuse that the Mom lives across from the Berlin Burger King is why its "ok" for him to transfer in.. well....I just used the same excuse as to where there Richmond Hts players relatives live in Richmond Hts NOT Berlin..

and personal life ... well Richmond Hts players have personal lifes as well.. thus they may transfer as well ..

You trying to justify one transfer but not any other is a joke

seems like sarcasm is something that people don't quite get in Berlin...

so I will explain -
your excuse that the Mom lives across from the Berlin Burger King is why its "ok" for him to transfer in.. well....I just used the same excuse as to where there Richmond Hts players relatives live in Richmond Hts NOT Berlin..

and personal life ... well Richmond Hts players have personal lifes as well.. thus they may transfer as well ..

You trying to justify one transfer but not any other is a joke
Different situations but it’s okay not everyone will understand. You are a joke

I will never understand how people - some of them full grown men - can disrespect kids, coaches, and programs, usually because some kid or kids transferred into a school. More power to them! For heavens sakes this is the USA and parents and kids are allowed to move, open enroll, or make whatever decisions they think are best for them.

Then we have these mental midgets who take a kid who transferred 10 years ago and put it in some kind of nefarious context and seem to imply this is something that characterizes a program. It is as dumb as a sack of rocks.

I'm always going to assume a school like Richmond Hts has followed all the rules (until shown otherwise), and I know they are merely playing in the division the OHSAA put them in. So, why would I resent those kids, coach, or program?

But there's nothing wrong with noticing today that one of the teams was not like the other. That's a competitive balance issue and shows the failure of the system in place. But you can't hold it against a school for playing who and where they were told to play.

I remember watching Hiland's runts play Convoy Crestview a few years back in a state semi. It took about 2 min into the game to realize CC was was too big and too good. Good for them! I got to see a great team play!

After watching various teams have their season journey over the years, I realize that getting to state is the achievement. Winning one or two games is the icing on the cake. You can win it all by just being the biggest and most talented team, but usually it involves some luck, serendipity, and some unexpected things going your way. So, coaches that graduate players and don't get highly talented transfers often or ever, but still make it down there frequently, those guys are great coaches.

And the Hiland haters need to know that Mark Schlabach is one of them. Does things the right way, great teacher, works his butt off, cares about every kid, and has been there 3 of the last 4 years. Why someone would resent him for that is beyond me, but it is depraved.

good lord Hiland fans ..

just admit the Elephant in the room .. admit the fact that Hiland got a transfer in 10 years ago and because of said transfer they won back to back titles taking the titles away from the teams they beat those years who were without a transfer..

such hypocrites as you resort to name calling as well ... mental midgets...hmm .. look in the mirror

good lord Hiland fans ..

just admit the Elephant in the room .. admit the fact that Hiland got a transfer in 10 years ago and because of said transfer they won back to back titles taking the titles away from the teams they beat those years who were without a transfer..

such hypocrites as you resort to name calling as well ... mental midgets...hmm .. look in the mirror
Bertha is a Certified hater or should I say a goofy goober

Richmond Heights is a small public school with some students who play basketball for fun.

One community bus and one student bus of fans are coming to the state final to show their love and support for these young men who have grown up together!

Last edited:
Richmond Heights is probably a slight favorite over the powerful New Madison Tri-Village team. Tri-Village has been at the top of D4 for decades while RH is playing in their first state final. Besides their inexperience, RH will also have to overcome the massive Tri-Village fan base that will loudly and proudly fill the UD arena.

good lord Hiland fans ..

Little mental challenge here to identify the midget(s):

List the roster and sizes of the players on that 2011-12 roster other than the transfer - their heights, awards, and post-HS basketball careers. You don't have to do the whole roster, maybe the top 9 or 10 in minutes. Then see where that takes you.

It's the internet age. Wouldn't be hard to find that information. Or you can hold on to your ignorance and bias and continue to degrade some really fine people.

All you have right is that there was a really talented transfer added to that team.

RH is an old-school, hard-working team that focuses on defense first, definitely not an AAU all-star team.

From Twitter:
Hiland’s 21 points is the lowest scoring output in a state final four game since 1940, when Canton McKinley beat Massillon — coached by Paul Brown — in a Class A semifinal.

RH is an old-school, hard-working team that focuses on defense first, definitely not an AAU all-star team.

From Twitter:
Hiland’s 21 points is the lowest scoring output in a state final four game since 1940, when Canton McKinley beat Massillon — coached by Paul Brown — in a Class A semifinal.
Weird. Wonder how the two transfers from Benedictine who transferred in this past year got there plus the others who have trickled in the past couple of years.

Weird. Wonder how the two transfers from Benedictine who transferred in this past year got there plus the others who have trickled in the past couple of years.
Benedictine’s record was 3-16 last year with these two players as their leaders. Benedictine actually improved to 7-16 this season after they left. They simply chose to come home to Richmond Heights!

Always interesting.
It actually is an interesting story. Their coach at Benedictine did an excellent job molding and developing their character and basketball ability for three years. Unfortunately he was let go after last year’s 3-16 season, so the two young men went back to RH for their senior year. They were extremely loyal to their Benedictine coach as he was to them. In fact he is here in Dayton this weekend to support them!

It actually is an interesting story. Their coach at Benedictine did an excellent job molding and developing their character and basketball ability for three years. Unfortunately he was let go after last year’s 3-16 season, so the two young men went back to RH. They were extremely loyal to their Benedictine coach as he was to them. In fact he is here in Dayton this weekend to support them!
Any idea what AAU team they played for?