• Tiffin Calvert

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Antwerp

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Marion Local

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They lose to Cedarville, lose to Troy Christian, beat Emanuel Christian by 3, and your not concerned? Wish I had your faith.

Botkins is one of the few teams who are stronger inside than SC. They also have in my opinion far better guard play. I was surprised at how much SC beat Jackson Center by, but that was not Jackson Centers best game of the year to be sure.
Maybe SCC had something to do with that off night. The Irish were much quicker than JC.

You are putting way too much stock in close games. JC took Botkins to overtime and SC outmatched JC and took them out of their game. It will take SC best game to beat Botkins they are solid, but saying they beat SC by 9.5 pts is the bet i want.
There is no doubt Botkins and TriVillage are the favorites. But they still have to come out to play and win. That’s what the underdogs hang their hat on.

We can talk about SCC and Calvert picking and choosing their kids. The only cheater in the d4 tournament is Richmond Heights. They pull kids in from all over the place.

2 kids from Benedictine
a kid from lorain or eylria

they are a walking AAU team...

SCC has had a tendency to play to the level of their opponent at times this year. I think they are capable of competing against Botkins, but it will require their A game. Botkins will be one of the few teams that not only match but exceed their size inside. IMO their PG has to have an exceptional game creating scoring opportunities for himself and others running the break and with dribble penetration in the halfcourt.

SCC has had a tendency to play to the level of their opponent at times this year. I think they are capable of competing against Botkins, but it will require their A game. Botkins will be one of the few teams that not only match but exceed their size inside. IMO their PG has to have an exceptional game creating scoring opportunities for himself and others running the break and with dribble penetration in the halfcourt.
I agree, and not wanting to disparage a 18 year old kid will leave it at that. I just do not think this is a good matchup for them. I thought the Jackson Center game could go either way as I saw Ansonia give Jackson Center all they wanted for 3 quarters and 5 minutes (30-29). Then they did not score again for the last 3 minutes. The shooting guard for Botkins is pretty special at times and he has help outside as well. Inside they should contain on defense (especially if officials swallow whistles which often happens in regionals) and their ability to spread the SC defense will put them out of reach.

And then there were 8….

Tiffin Calvert vs Antwerp

Hiland vs Latham Western

Richmond Heights vs St. Thomas Aquinas

Botkins vs Tri-Village

Did you two settle on this bet?
I will have to admit I was wrong, again ( i had said SC could win, not thinking likely after seeing how it played out).Game was not very competitive and Botkins was a severe mismatch for SC. Final score was 60 - 46 but Botkins took their foot off the throttle late in the game . A 14 point win.

I will have to admit I was wrong, again ( i had said SC could win, not thinking likely after seeing how it played out).Game was not very competitive and Botkins was a severe mismatch for SC. Final score was 60 - 46 but Botkins took their foot off the throttle late in the game . A 14 point win.
Tough game for Catholic Central. Kids play hard though. Central missed some shots early. Botkins contested just about everything. Younger Galluch started to settle for 3s which worked in Botkin’s favor. However, he still ended up with 20pts. It’ll be interesting to see how CC does next year?

Excited for the TV vs Botkins rematch!

Tough game for Catholic Central. Kids play hard though. Central missed some shots early. Botkins contested just about everything. Younger Galluch started to settle for 3s which worked in Botkin’s favor. However, he still ended up with 20pts. It’ll be interesting to see how CC does next year?

Excited for the TV vs Botkins rematch!
Botkins was great on him, he had 4 for much of the game. Botkins started trying to run clock up 20 and kept turning the ball over which led to an up and down open gym game and he hit tough shots to get to 20. If Botkins stays in attack mode and keeps it a HC game on both ends, it could have been a 30 point game.

As another poster in the regional semis thread noted, bad half-court offense struck again. For the first three quarters there was a lot of limited movement possessions devolving into individual matchups, and Botkins had the horses to check and exceed their individual matchups.

Late in the 3rd quarter I thought this could have ended up being a 25-30 point spread. To Central's credit, they really got on the attack defensively in the 4th quarter and managed to get up and down, cutting it to single digits at one point in the last two minutes.

We can talk about SCC and Calvert picking and choosing their kids. The only cheater in the d4 tournament is Richmond Heights. They pull kids in from all over the place.

2 kids from Benedictine

What rule did they break?

What rule did they break?
other than those kids should have to sit out the back end of the second half of the season....which doesnt happen. D4 schools are made up of kids who have been there since grade school. Richmond Heights has a revolving door and they get to pick kids from schools to come in. That is why no one who is a true d4 fan will cheer for them.

They had 2-3 transfers in last year, a couple years ago they had 2-3 more transfers in. I hope they get beat, but i don't see that happening this year.

I would be SHOCKED if anyone beats Richmond Heights... that is a D-1, D-2 team playing in D-4..
Were you SHOCKED when they lost in 2019 and 2021? Good thing no one told Crestview and Botkins they weren’t supposed to win.

Last edited:
Richmond Heights will not be challenged in the next two rounds. They can name their score on Friday and will win handily in the state semis as well. They will get challenged in the state finals by whoever is left from that side of the bracket. While they could lose, RH will always be the favorite in D4 with the program they have right now.

2 kids from Benedictine

Do not forget their best player is from Canton.

Folks should know better by now, whether it's been Richmond Heights or Cornerstone Christian. Botkins, Crestview, Marion Local, etc.

Whoever is left from that geographic footprint will have a near if not 50/50 chance of beating Richmond Heights.

other than those kids should have to sit out the back end of the second half of the season....which doesnt happen. D4 schools are made up of kids who have been there since grade school. Richmond Heights has a revolving door and they get to pick kids from schools to come in. That is why no one who is a true d4 fan will cheer for them.

They had 2-3 transfers in last year, a couple years ago they had 2-3 more transfers in. I hope they get beat, but i don't see that happening this year.
Some D4 schools have kids that have been there since grade school. Some do exactly what Richmond heights does. See tri-village for example. Happens in divisions really and is the state of HS athletics these days.

Some D4 schools have kids that have been there since grade school. Some do exactly what Richmond heights does. See tri-village for example. Happens in divisions really and is the state of HS athletics these days.
Tri-Village has 1 kid in their top 9 that WAS NOT there in grade school. Stop trying to make that a thing.