• Clev. St. Ignatius

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Lima Senior

• Sylvania Northview

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STVM had played a number of these teams (along with a couple of cancellations). From seeing those games, I'd say that Centerville and then Gahanna Lincoln are the 2 best the Irish faced. I wish that the Irish had gotten to play Lima Senior and Pick Central so I could factor in those schools, as well.

Noticed in a Cincinnati Enquire article; said Cupps went out in the 3rd Q with an ankle injury but came back to play in the 4th. Could this be a problem for the ELKS if Cupps isn't 100%?

"Indiana University commit Gabe Cupps, the Southwest District Division I player of the year, finished with 17. The standout junior scored seven points in the first quarter, then left the game in the third quarter with an ankle injury. He returned to pour in 10 more points to go with four rebounds and four assists.

"Gabe Cupps, when you have a point guard who plays that hard on both ends of the floor — he's just incredible. One of the best I've ever coached against," Leon said." - Cincinnati Enquire 3/7/2022

Noticed in a Cincinnati Enquire article; said Cupps went out in the 3rd Q with an ankle injury but came back to play in the 4th. Could this be a problem for the ELKS if Cupps isn't 100%?

"Indiana University commit Gabe Cupps, the Southwest District Division I player of the year, finished with 17. The standout junior scored seven points in the first quarter, then left the game in the third quarter with an ankle injury. He returned to pour in 10 more points to go with four rebounds and four assists.

"Gabe Cupps, when you have a point guard who plays that hard on both ends of the floor — he's just incredible. One of the best I've ever coached against," Leon said." - Cincinnati Enquire 3/7/2022

Think it was a dead leg. I would be surprised if he wasn't 100%.

Lima Sr hit a 3 at the buzzer…problem is the kids foot was out of bounds with the official staring right at him…no call, Spartans advance
4D5B8B84-E363-45CE-BD15-768E0DC2E271.jpeg

Centerville looked pretty darn beatable last night.. still think this title is fair game. Again that's why they play the game.

Centerville looked pretty darn beatable last night.. still think this title is fair game. Again that's why they play the game.
Agreed they could've been beat last night, but it was also the third time playing a top-10 Fairmont team and they had the worst shooting performance since 2021 season... and still came away with a win. Every state championship team has had to win a clunker game in the tourney, they proved they can adjust and win a slow paced half court game just as well. That's a sign of a great team and even better coaching.

Perhaps a wake up call for the Elks. I think they get out of here but Pick Central/Gahanna winner could challenge them.

Perhaps a wake up call for the Elks. I think they get out of here but Pick Central/Gahanna winner could challenge them.
Wow... Fairmont, then Fairfield. then Gahanna Lincoln/ Pick Central, then maybe St. Edward.... If Centerville wins it all, they will have certainly earned it. That would be quite a gauntlet for them to go through.

Wow... Fairmont, then Fairfield. then Gahanna Lincoln/ Pick Central, then maybe St. Edward.... If Centerville wins it all, they will have certainly earned it. That would be quite a gauntlet for them to go through.
As well as their regular season schedule
Svsm
Socal
Wayne twice
Fairmont twice
Moeller
Huntington prep
Flyght academy
Spire
Vertical academy

They're prepared, you can't win 42 consecutive games, be ranked nationally(reigning state champs) and not be. They have may have played a tougher schedule than anybody so they're ready for what's ahead but none of that means nothing now.

FINAL 8 matchups

St. Edward vs Hoban
Centerville vs Fairfield
Lima Senior vs St. Ignatius
Pick Central vs Gahanna Lincoln

D1 is always a gauntlet, Ohio basketball is top notch. These teams remaining have next level players on their roster. I believe Hoban is new to D1 with the multiplier.

Disappointing play by St. Ed’s early in this game vs Hoban. Shots one and done, outside shots not falling, turnovers and missed free throws. Down by two end of 1st quarter.