Who will be Fenwick's Next coach?

Knightnight

With Fenwick saying goodbye to Moss after just a 2 year stint at the school. This job is open. Its in a great conference with great basketball tradition. It seems like a good job if you can get the administrators staff and parents behind you. Should be interesting to see who they hire.

Fenwick would probably like to have Pat Kreke back since he still teaches at Fenwick---doubt that happens after being named Badin's coach--could be an uncomfortable situation when those teams play going forward. Maybe Casey Popplewell former Monroe HC and has been back at Mason as JV coach for 6 years would be interested in driving to Fenwick from Monroe to be a HC again.

Fenwick has the best facilities in the GCL Co-ed. Big, nice gym with a practice gym directly behind it. Would be a great situation for a young coach IMO. They graduated the best player in the league and were probably considered under-achievers this past season. Great area to pull players from as they are situated in the middle of the South Dayton/North Cincy suburbs.
They lost some quality men on the staff when they forced Coach Kreke out so this will be interesting going forward.

Ryan Fleming might be a possible candidate---has been HC at Summit CD for two years, so he is already in the private school system--and of course is the son of former LaSalle HC Dan Fleming. Fleming has had two solid years at Summit so don't know how interested he would be in Fenwick---he is an outstanding coach!!

Ryan Fleming would be a grand slam hire if he was interested.
They are big on this " transformational" vocabulary with their staff. My guess that Ryan as Dan's son is not so transformational. Just kidding, remember the kid playing for his father and know that he played at Christian Bros. in Memphis. Has to have a colorful vocabulary, LOL! His father was one of the absolute best to coach basketball in the state.

Ryan Fleming might be a possible candidate---has been HC at Summit CD for two years, so he is already in the private school system--and of course is the son of former LaSalle HC Dan Fleming. Fleming has had two solid years at Summit so don't know how interested he would be in Fenwick---he is an outstanding coach!!

Not happening. He makes really good money (trust me on this) coaching at Summit and teaching. I'm honestly not sure if he would leave SCD for a GCLS school at this point. He has a great job there.

I love how Mike Coleman will be making this hire before is resigns at the end of the school year (n)(n). IMO I think they need to look into somebody that has ties to Bishop Fenwick. I mean before Moss they only had two coaches ever Rossi and Kreke. I'm sure there is somebody out there with ties to Rossi or Kreke. Nothing against Moss but they tried going outside of the Fenwick community and look what that got them a coach that left after two years. These historic private schools can be tricky when it comes to hiring the right guy...

Hmmmm.

Screenshot_20210423-163419_Chrome.jpg

It's my understanding that the current AD is leaving at the end of the school year as his wife has gotten an excellent job opportunity in Texas. My feeling is that the AD hire probably is much more important to Fenwick than the basketball job. Just wish a new Ad would be doing the basketball hire.

Coleman is leaving at the end of the year and he is hiring the next coach.Only 1 coach he hired for all sports stayed longer then 1 year and it’s hilarious that the parents wouldnt get rid of him, he had to leave in his own. I’ll be surprised if the next hire stays even after Coleman leaves

unfortunately the administration that hired him and let him stay this long wont step in and make him stand down
That is what I was thinking, instead of a a guy that is leaving at the end of the year. That wont even be at the school next year, making the hire. The school administration should head the search. Whomever the new AD is should have a say on this coaching search.

I love how Mike Coleman will be making this hire before is resigns at the end of the school year (n)(n). IMO I think they need to look into somebody that has ties to Bishop Fenwick. I mean before Moss they only had two coaches ever Rossi and Kreke. I'm sure there is somebody out there with ties to Rossi or Kreke. Nothing against Moss but they tried going outside of the Fenwick community and look what that got them a coach that left after two years. These historic private schools can be tricky when it comes to hiring the right guy...
Three Hall Of Famers played for Rossi
Jay Byrne
Mike Holweger
Johnny Rossi

With Fenwick saying goodbye to Moss after just a 2 year stint at the school. This job is open. Its in a great conference with great basketball tradition. It seems like a good job if you can get the administrators staff and parents behind you. Should be interesting to see who they hire.
Potential Candidates
Jay Byrne: AllHall of Famers & All Played for Rossi- All Veteran, successful Coaches
Mike Holweger " " " " ."
Johnny Rossi " " " " "

Have no idea if any of them have applied, but all are Hall of Famers who played for Rossi and all are friends. Slam Dunk if any of them wants to return to their Alma Mater!
Damn straight. Byrne may be about past the age of wanting to deal with families. Holweger seems happy with Waynesville. I do not know much about Rossi besides he is at Franklin.

I would say Jay Byrne is out. Pretty sure he is an administrator at Springboro and owns very successful small business in Middletown (Milton's Donuts) that has expanded to two franchises in Carlisle and West Chester. I often see him working in the shop on the weekends and would be really surprised if he was looking to get back into coaching. I would really like to see Johnny Rossi get a shot on the boy's side of the game. I think he would be a great hire for the Falcons.

Damn straight. Byrne may be about past the age of wanting to deal with families. Holweger seems happy with Waynesville. I do not know much about Rossi besides he is at Franklin.
Rossi took the Madison girls to the state final. In fairness, he had a McDonald's All-American and another girl who went on to a successful career at Liberty U but he did what I thought was an outstanding job with those girls.

How do you figure Holweger as a great coach? What has he ever done as a coach? He usually spends two or three years somewhere and resigns. Very good, hard nosed player however.