X
Kings

Any thoughts

i see moe vs lw and
ih vs X

then
Moe vs IH for the final four berth

try Moe vs X

lets see you lost to Moe you lost to IH so you think you can beat IH at home next week what will be different get big leads against both and then lose i guess you must have some reason other than just you root for X

i think no one can easily say either team. I mean, if it wasnt for the last 6 seconds of the game, x would have won, so you cant just write down ih and say they will undoubtedly win against x in a second matchup.

I was at the game and X did not take IH lightly, so that arguement is shot. X won almost every face off in the game and IH's defense stepped up huge. IH missed several shots that should have been goals, either right on the crease, or shots that they should have made easily. I'm not saying IH will beat X again because it's always hard to beat a team twice but X did not take IH lightly, it was a good game and IH happened to pull it out.

I don't think you can write off X as losing to IH in the playoffs, it was a pretty close game and given the situation in which IH won, X will probable come back strong unless they continue with the flat play that they've had since halftime v. Moe

Last edited:
I don't think X has a chance of beating IH... If you were at the game Krall played well but also should have saved some of the shots taken from the sides (they weren't very good) and IH's offense missed the cage alot through out the game.. ST. X has a iffy Defense too if u ask me. I see Moe vs IH in the semi's with IH pulling it out like it always happens. Ih losses regular season wins playoffs and vise versa for Moe

i think you are completely wrong. ih just missed the cage bc they dont have that many talented shooters. On the other hand, to say that x cant stick with ih when they shouldve beaten them with a very last second goal and questionable call in ot is rediculous. X wins the rematch bc ih stayed in that game with momentum and i dont think X will let them do that again.

get off my case man..he asked who plays who and everyone had mason vs. IH so I said mason will actually be playing X. And I am aware mason would be the underdog in either game thats why I wrote "mason will STILL have to play X".

yea mason is playing ih and if your still thinking about that ih v. x game think if nikky k is on fire like most nights

i think you are completely wrong. ih just missed the cage bc they dont have that many talented shooters. On the other hand, to say that x cant stick with ih when they shouldve beaten them with a very last second goal and questionable call in ot is rediculous. X wins the rematch bc ih stayed in that game with momentum and i dont think X will let them do that again.

Plus IH has talented Shooters, Ted Bolser has prolly one of the fastest rips in the city, I watched the game film and if you X people dont remember when Bolser ripped stick side high it went in and bounced out... Sherp has a good shot along with Georing Krebiel.. Who can shoot for X?

Secondly, u can't say if it wasn't for the last six seconds u would have won because u could say that about every single play.. IH won regadless

Who can shoot for X?

Carroll
Saelinger
Kamp
Craig
Holbrook (when he plays smart)
Krehnbrink (when he gets in, and that only counts shooting...besides shooting he doesn't have all that much)

Regardless, I think X's defense played awful against IH, just as they've done since the second half against Moe. If the defense doesn't step it up, X will go absolutely nowhere. And as usual in the past few weeks (IH not included), X has failed to score more than two goals in the second half of any game.

If X pulls it together, they can come out with the win. If the defense fails to step up again though, IH takes its without too much difficulty. Good luck to both teams.

I think a lot of x's defense being suspect has to do with coaching. For some reason, god knows why, they went to a zone d for the beginning of the 2nd half v. moe, allowing moe to come back so easily. Also, for the man down in ot v. ih, does anyone know why they sent out a few different guys that hadn't played man down at any point earlier in the game?

Will be exciting...

The R4 playoffs should be very exciting- perhaps the most heated in the state this year.

The Sycamore/ LW rematch should be a good one since Sycamore should be hungry after lopsided loss in second regular season game.

The IH/ St. X rematch, hot on the heals of the close finish just last week should also be very exciting. Whether you count the "missed" goal that should have given IH the tie in regulation or the wild finish to put it into OT the game was very close. I expect both teams will come in fired up and both teams have plenty of scorers if they play to their potential. I think this will come down to goalie play and who makes more big saves on outside shots. Nod to Krall and IH moves on for rematch with Moe...

Moe is playing very well right now... Just won the MSLCA B bracket championship and looked good doing it. Haven't lost to anyone except UA and WRA since March. I expect they will take care of business and move on the face UA again in a rematch of last year's state semifinal.

Hudson, Jerome and Kilbourne are all beatable so expect the winner of the UA/ Moe bracket have a great shot to win it all. Biggest question is can Moe find a way to score against a fast and physical UA defense? Held them to 5 in the first round so only need to find a way to get that defense off balance...

Haven't lost to anyone except UA and WRA since March. I expect they will take care of business and move on the face UA again in a rematch of last year's state semifinal.

Hudson, Jerome and Kilbourne are all beatable so expect the winner of the UA/ Moe bracket have a great shot to win it all. Biggest question is can Moe find a way to score against a fast and physical UA defense? Held them to 5 in the first round so only need to find a way to get that defense off balance...
UA cranked it up a notch as well, beating WRA to win the MSLCA A bracket...

Upper Arlington 7, Hudson Western Reserve Academy 5
UPPER ARLINGTON -- Goals: Drake 2, Lathrop, Kleinhenz, Hanover, Olson, Donahue. Saves: Hall 10.
WESTERN RESERVE -- Goals: Foote 2, Dionne, Moore, McLean. Saves: Rattigan 8.
Halftime: Upper Arlington, 4-1.
Records: UA 16-1; WRA 17-3.

http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/co...5/21/high_21.ART_ART_05-21-07_C6_GK6PDP9.html