WHICH state has the biggest case of delusions of grandeur,TEJAS or OHIO?

SWGA Fan

BOTH TALK, TALK, TALK a big game but REALLY! Ohio's association has this BS mileage limitation. "We can't travel more than 300 miles from a particular school. Much less go 300 miles past our state line." Thus, their ONLY having opponents from Ind., ole KENTUCK, and PA. UNLESS, of course, they have their very selective opponents travel to THEM. While Tejas says, WHY go out of state, when we can play the BEST there is IN state. And not hafta trek even to the Louisiana or Oklahoma borders. But to their credit, in recent seasons. They have actually invited a few badass teams from a few places around the country. And placed their top tier against teams such as St. John Bosco, Calif., and got FLATTENED! But at least Ohio's association had enough humility to realize that they really WEREN'T all that, and a bag of chips. So they attempted to invite teams who they KNEW weren't top tier from a given state. But DID have a pedigree from days gone by, ala Valdosta, from the last time that they were a national power, in 1989. But even THEN, they were embarrassed on a national TV'S 20/20 segment, by the Norman Park Packers, at HOMECOMING no less, 7-0. THAT loss cost them the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, as they beat Athens Clarke Central, 33-7 in the state finals, IN Athens, in 20 degree weather, to finish 14-1.

I suppose that I said THAT to say THIS. IF you are to be believed as a NATIONAL POWER state, PROVE IT. And not barely beat the 23rd best team in Georgia, and then proclaim that Los Tigres of Massillon, are the BEST that there EVER WAS! Did Massillon even have any ALL STATE team members on the 2023 edition? The Norman Park Packers had two of the SUPER ELEVEN in Georgia. And we lost out in the GHSA THIRD round, to the 7A State Champions, 39-37. And while the JOKE of a private school Cincinnati Moeller was anointed TOP FORTY status, with FIVE FRICKIN LOSSES. The Norman Park Packers went from #12 in the country, in FRONT of Massillon, to #46, after a TWO POINT loss to the state 7A champions of the best state in the country for top tier competition. And if you have any misgivings about that, ask the PRO PUNDITS who is top tier, in depth of field, virtually EVERY season.

I almost laughed my butt off, when Herbie formulated his Ohio vs the WORLD challenge. And brought the beach combers from Camden Co. of Region 1 7 A, and the lil AA Buford Wolves, to play MIGHTY GLENNVILLE and some third string stump jumper named Pickering Central, to play the wild dogs. The Ohio boys scored one, that's ONE touchdown, on their HOME COURT of Nippert Stadium. After Camden and Buford had trekked a THOUSAND or MORE miles to do the deed. OHIO cannon fodder 7, GEORGIA hicks 65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just a TASTE of what's waiting for you boys from the cradle of high school football. Camden didn't come CLOSE to winning the 7A state. While Buford wasn't CLOSE to being as talented then, as they are now. And in two seasons in the GHSA BIG LEAGUES, they haven't brushed elbows with ANYBODY who made the 7A semis, much less the state championship.

WE'LL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office

Its not lost on anyone who knows h.s football that Massillon would have a lot tougher time in Georgia state playoff's.

BOTH TALK, TALK, TALK a big game but REALLY! Ohio's association has this BS mileage limitation. "We can't travel more than 300 miles from a particular school. Much less go 300 miles past our state line." Thus, their ONLY having opponents from Ind., ole KENTUCK, and PA. UNLESS, of course, they have their very selective opponents travel to THEM. While Tejas says, WHY go out of state, when we can play the BEST there is IN state. And not hafta trek even to the Louisiana or Oklahoma borders. But to their credit, in recent seasons. They have actually invited a few badass teams from a few places around the country. And placed their top tier against teams such as St. John Bosco, Calif., and got FLATTENED! But at least Ohio's association had enough humility to realize that they really WEREN'T all that, and a bag of chips. So they attempted to invite teams who they KNEW weren't top tier from a given state. But DID have a pedigree from days gone by, ala Valdosta, from the last time that they were a national power, in 1989. But even THEN, they were embarrassed on a national TV'S 20/20 segment, by the Norman Park Packers, at HOMECOMING no less, 7-0. THAT loss cost them the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, as they beat Athens Clarke Central, 33-7 in the state finals, IN Athens, in 20 degree weather, to finish 14-1.

I suppose that I said THAT to say THIS. IF you are to be believed as a NATIONAL POWER state, PROVE IT. And not barely beat the 23rd best team in Georgia, and then proclaim that Los Tigres of Massillon, are the BEST that there EVER WAS! Did Massillon even have any ALL STATE team members on the 2023 edition? The Norman Park Packers had two of the SUPER ELEVEN in Georgia. And we lost out in the GHSA THIRD round, to the 7A State Champions, 39-37. And while the JOKE of a private school Cincinnati Moeller was anointed TOP FORTY status, with FIVE FRICKIN LOSSES. The Norman Park Packers went from #12 in the country, in FRONT of Massillon, to #46, after a TWO POINT loss to the state 7A champions of the best state in the country for top tier competition. And if you have any misgivings about that, ask the PRO PUNDITS who is top tier, in depth of field, virtually EVERY season.

I almost laughed my butt off, when Herbie formulated his Ohio vs the WORLD challenge. And brought the beach combers from Camden Co. of Region 1 7 A, and the lil AA Buford Wolves, to play MIGHTY GLENNVILLE and some third string stump jumper named Pickering Central, to play the wild dogs. The Ohio boys scored one, that's ONE touchdown, on their HOME COURT of Nippert Stadium. After Camden and Buford had trekked a THOUSAND or MORE miles to do the deed. OHIO cannon fodder 7, GEORGIA hicks 65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just a TASTE of what's waiting for you boys from the cradle of high school football. Camden didn't come CLOSE to winning the 7A state. While Buford wasn't CLOSE to being as talented then, as they are now. And in two seasons in the GHSA BIG LEAGUES, they haven't brushed elbows with ANYBODY who made the 7A semis, much less the state championship.

HD TV was barely around when Camden and Glenville played put the bottle down and go find a hobby

The only reason Valdosta was brought up to Ohio was to specifically play Massillon, due to both schools historical all time win totals. It wasn’t to measure Ohio vs Georgia. You would have some good games between some top Ohio and Georgia schools, but Georgia goes much, much deeper now in quantity of really great teams/programs. Football in Georgia now is more like what Ohio used to be before the exodus of productive people moved to states like GA, TX, FL, TN, NC and Ohio’s population got old.

Its not lost on anyone who knows h.s football that Massillon would have a lot tougher time in Georgia state playoff's.
Then, WHY was there NO blowback, when that dude proclaimed Massillon as the PRIMO of ALL of NATIONAL high school football? CRICKETS is what I heard!!!! LISTEN, I REALLY respect what you boys do in Ohio. I really do BUT. I drove 1000 miles to Parma, Ohio in 2002, to watch a top twenty five match up, between USA TODAY ranked Erie Cathedral Prep, and IGGY! And I WASTED my time. Erie SHOULD have forfeited. IGGY had ONE black dude on their entire roster. NOW, I ask you, does ANYBODY on the planet, not think that IGGY was an ALLSTAR team from Cleveland adjacent? ALL WHITE boys? HELL, MOST WHITE boys don't even play football in the SOUTH, especially in the rural areas of Georgia. It'd just be a nice gesture if after you proclaim certain accolades. That you would aspire to walk the walk, after you talk the talk.

FACE it, you boys live in your own fantasy world. Before I came on this message board. You'd never HEARD of the Colquitt County PUBLIC School Packers, from a population base of 46,000 farmers and small town kids. We're twenty five miles from the next closest high school. And NOBODY from Thomasville, Thomas Co. Central, Sylvester, Cairo, Mitchell Co., Brooks Co., Cook Co., Tift Co., or the three schools in Albany, would even CONSIDER helping us pack out our roster. Because if we were able to get just one or two select players from those eleven schools. NOBODY in the COUNTRY, could touch us, EVER! Some of the greatest athletes in history, come from those counties. (Among those were William Andrews, Guy Mcintyre, Charlie Ward, Alexander Wright, Deon Branch, and Jackie Robinson, et al.) And with a few detours, the Packers have been a national top twenty five team since 1991, when we lost 17-16 to the 1991 NATIONAL CHAMPION, Lagrange Grangers, in the state finals that we dominated. And since Coach ProPst was hired in 2008. We've been a top twenty five team, nearly every season going forward. Yet ALL you boys were fixated on was VALDOSTA, and that damn winningest record that they have been propped up with. Since they were one of the greatest teams you'd EVER see, back in 1960-1992 era, when they RARELY lost ONCE. And they weren't playing the sisters of the poor. But I would imagine that their W-L record isn't much better than .600 since that 1992 season.

Try to get your association to change the rules that you AND MEEchigan adhere to; that mileage restriction. Because don't be scared of the hot temps. We have a 2.4 BILLION dollar indoor facility to play in. It's called the Mercedes Benz Stadium, with climate control, during the Corky Kell invitational Classic in August.

HD TV was barely around when Camden and Glenville played put the bottle down and go find a hobby
2006 wasn't EXACTLY the DARK AGES there Sparky!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you go ahead and put lipstick on a Colquitt County Packer if you must. And I HAVE a hobby, sitting around the campfire with my buddies from the Buckaroo State, singing ole folk songs. Talkin bout da GOOD OLE DAYS during Massillon's newspaper media reign of terror, when they WON NINE NATTYS!!!***SMILE***

2006 wasn't EXACTLY the DARK AGES there Sparky!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you go ahead and put lipstick on a Colquitt County Packer if you must. And I HAVE a hobby, sitting around the campfire with my buddies from the Buckaroo State, singing ole folk songs. Talkin bout da GOOD OLE DAYS during Massillon's newspaper media reign of terror, when they WON NINE NATTYS!!!***SMILE***
Colquitt County is an irrelevant football program and it kills you. You have nobody to talk to about your irrelevant Packers so you scream into a brick wall about games from 2002/2006 as reference points. This isnt a hobby its an obsession...you need therapy my boy

Then, WHY was there NO blowback, when that dude proclaimed Massillon as the PRIMO of ALL of NATIONAL high school football? CRICKETS is what I heard!!!! LISTEN, I REALLY respect what you boys do in Ohio. I really do BUT. I drove 1000 miles to Parma, Ohio in 2002, to watch a top twenty five match up, between USA TODAY ranked Erie Cathedral Prep, and IGGY! And I WASTED my time. Erie SHOULD have forfeited. IGGY had ONE black dude on their entire roster. NOW, I ask you, does ANYBODY on the planet, not think that IGGY was an ALLSTAR team from Cleveland adjacent? ALL WHITE boys? HELL, MOST WHITE boys don't even play football in the SOUTH, especially in the rural areas of Georgia. It'd just be a nice gesture if after you proclaim certain accolades. That you would aspire to walk the walk, after you talk the talk.

FACE it, you boys live in your own fantasy world. Before I came on this message board. You'd never HEARD of the Colquitt County PUBLIC School Packers, from a population base of 46,000 farmers and small town kids. We're twenty five miles from the next closest high school. And NOBODY from Thomasville, Thomas Co. Central, Sylvester, Cairo, Mitchell Co., Brooks Co., Cook Co., Tift Co., or the three schools in Albany, would even CONSIDER helping us pack out our roster. Because if we were able to get just one or two select players from those eleven schools. NOBODY in the COUNTRY, could touch us, EVER! Some of the greatest athletes in history, come from those counties. (Among those were William Andrews, Guy Mcintyre, Charlie Ward, Alexander Wright, Deon Branch, and Jackie Robinson, et al.) And with a few detours, the Packers have been a national top twenty five team since 1991, when we lost 17-16 to the 1991 NATIONAL CHAMPION, Lagrange Grangers, in the state finals that we dominated. And since Coach ProPst was hired in 2008. We've been a top twenty five team, nearly every season going forward. Yet ALL you boys were fixated on was VALDOSTA, and that damn winningest record that they have been propped up with. Since they were one of the greatest teams you'd EVER see, back in 1960-1992 era, when they RARELY lost ONCE. And they weren't playing the sisters of the poor. But I would imagine that their W-L record isn't much better than .600 since that 1992 season.

Try to get your association to change the rules that you AND MEEchigan adhere to; that mileage restriction. Because don't be scared of the hot temps. We have a 2.4 BILLION dollar indoor facility to play in. It's called the Mercedes Benz Stadium, with climate control, during the Corky Kell invitational Classic in August.
I just remembered coach Propst is your hero. You didnt need kids from Thomasville because Propst recruits the whole country as good as Kirby Smart... This makes everything you say at least 10x more hilarious. Your program needed the ultimate scumbag (on and off) to reach the top of Georgia hs football. Thats not something Id brag about to internet strangers many states away but I know you wont be stopping anytime soon

Beating up on the border of Alabama and getting stuffed in a locker by Metro Atlanta (which is Colquitt Countys MO) is not as hard as he is making out to be lol

are you a middle schooler in the early 90's?

Most delusional program is Martinsburg High School in West Virginia. Win WV AAA every single year in dominant fashion. They believe they are a national power. They split with Painesville Riverside in a home and home and now think they own Ohio. One of their coaches put that on social media after they beat them…
After their latest domination in the WV title game they were on social media bragging about their dominance. They (part of the fan base)mocked Hoban for scoring two points in the state game and think they are superior to Moeller, St. Ed’s etc… this is no exaggeration. I am friends with someone that worked in their school system for a few years and he told me they absolutely think they are a top team regionally and nationally. I would just send Kirtland or MSML to play them. No need to send the big boys.

1) I drove 1000 miles to Parma, Ohio in 2002, to watch a top twenty five match up, between USA TODAY ranked Erie Cathedral Prep, and IGGY! And I WASTED my time. Erie SHOULD have forfeited.

2) HELL, MOST WHITE boys don't even play football in the SOUTH,

3) Some of the greatest athletes in history, come from those counties. (Among those were William Andrews, Guy Mcintyre, Charlie Ward, Alexander Wright, Deon Branch, and Jackie Robinson, et al.)

1) That St Ignatius-Erie Catholic (28-0 Iggy) game was in week 3. Are you telling me a 1-1 St Ignatius was still nationally ranked after coming off a 29-23 loss to Broadman in week 2? Maybe you were looking at the national rankings from the week prior. Oh well, that’s a 1,000 mile mistake that is solely on you.

2) sounds like those whiteboys from the south are quitters

3) Jackie Robinson ok but Deon Branch, Alexander Wright & Charlie Ward are some of the greatest athletes in history…..from that county yea but from the state of Georgia, from the south or in the USA - common man, expand your knowledge.

Most delusional program is Martinsburg High School in West Virginia. Win WV AAA every single year in dominant fashion. They believe they are a national power. They split with Painesville Riverside in a home and home and now think they own Ohio. One of their coaches put that on social media after they beat them…
After their latest domination in the WV title game they were on social media bragging about their dominance. They (part of the fan base)mocked Hoban for scoring two points in the state game and think they are superior to Moeller, St. Ed’s etc… this is no exaggeration. I am friends with someone that worked in their school system for a few years and he told me they absolutely think they are a top team regionally and nationally. I would just send Kirtland or MSML to play them. No need to send the big boys.
They got a nice program and could compete in d1 ohio easily.let em have their fun.no need to thump your chest everytime they are mentioned.and fans post stupid stuff on social media all the time.

There is no such rule.
Correct. The actual bylaw states that teams may play teams from any state or province that borders Ohio, regardless of miles. The OHSAA also allows schools to compete with one non-bordering state once per season, with OHSAA approval. There is no magic 300 mile limit. Bylaw is copy and pasted below...

Section 2. Contests with Out-Of-State Schools 9-2-1 Schools may travel out of state to compete in contests in states or provinces in Canada that border Ohio regardless of distance to travel. The states are Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The province is Ontario. Additionally, schools may travel out of state one time per sport per interscholastic season to compete in contests in any location that does not border Ohio subject to approval from the Executive Director’s Office. (Visit ohsaa.org to obtain the required form to request this travel permission).

To answer your question:

WHICH state has the biggest case of delusions of grandeur,TEJAS or OHIO?​

Neither state is delusional but your mom was.