What would your dream conference be?

The Wild Card

Hypothetically, if you were named czar of HS sports what would your dream conference be regardless of how realistic?

Mine would be an all Stark County Fed with the subtraction of Green (no disrespect) and the addition of Massillon, Louisville, and Canton Central Catholic as a baseball member only.

For a longtime, I wanted:
Triway, Orrville, Manchester, Northwest, Tuslaw, Fairless, Canton CC, and St. Thomas Aquinas

This was before Orrville and Northwest joined the PAC.

If these 8 schools end up in the same league, great. If not, my school is no worse off than it was before. I'd also settle for Canton South in place of St. Thomas Aquinas.

Last edited:
For my school?

Defiance, Napoleon, Bryan, Wauseon, Van Wert, Ottawa-Glandorf, Bowling Green, and a Lima area school to be named later. Not real picky on that one, and it's only there to help Van Wert with travel a little.

Current 6 member GCC adding Canton McKinley and Stow.

But neither will leave closer proximity leagues even though there are D2 teams making up plenty of their leagues

Mentor
Solon
Euclid
Stow
Medina
Brunswick
Strongsville
Canton McKinley

D1 schools across all sports

Last edited:
Massillon
McK
Steubenville
Avon
WGH
Perry
Hoover
Lake
Glen Oak
Wadsworth
I know geographically it wouldn't be great for Steubenville or WGH, but it's basically teams I want to play regularly.

Brecksville
Brunswick
Highland
Medina
Nordonia
North Royalton
Strongsville
Wadsworth

All D1/D2 Schools on, in or just off the 71/82/77/76 Square

This could never happen because of the egos and logistics, but how about an NEO Catholic Conference? I'm sure I am leaving out someone, but from largest to smallest:
Ignatius
Ed's
Hoban
Walsh
Padua
Benedictine
NDCL
SVSM
Cleveland CC
Lake Catholic
Ursuline
VASJ
Elyria Catholic
Gilmour
Mooney
Canton CC
Warren JFK
Aquinas

Split them in divisions by size.

This could never happen because of the egos and logistics, but how about an NEO Catholic Conference? I'm sure I am leaving out someone, but from largest to smallest:
Ignatius
Ed's
Hoban
Walsh
Padua
Benedictine
NDCL
SVSM
Cleveland CC
Lake Catholic
Ursuline
VASJ
Elyria Catholic
Gilmour
Mooney
Canton CC
Warren JFK
Aquinas

Split them in divisions by size.
Somethings like
A:
Ed’s
Ignatius
Hoban
St. Vincent-St. Mary
Benedictine
Walsh
Cleveland CC/VASJ (hoops only)

B:
Padua
NDCL
Lake Catholic
Ursuline
Mooney
Holy Name

C:
VASJ
EC
CCC
CCC
Gilmour
JFK
Aquinas
St. John’s

Being how sparse and how much the size of schools are in SEO. I’d say honestly the SEOAL again if we are talking just football. Majority of the teams still hold weight today and that’s if we took the traveling out of the equation

I think the MAC is perfect as is.
But to entertain the question presented, I'd have 7 teams I'd pluck:
Jay County- Honestly just a personal pick. Strengthening the rivalry between them and FR.
South Adams- Proximity to MACland and an extreme amount of cross play between them and MAC schools in most sports. Similar size too.
Adams Central- Pretty much exactly like SA but with less cross play.
Crestview- Strengthen an already strong rivalry with PW. Also help centralize Parkway, as well as the previous two mentioned.
Lima Central Catholic- Yeah I know, another catholic school, but they're strong in most sports and would- again- strengthen a rivalry with DSJ
Fort Loramie- I'm not a big Loramie guy, I've stated that a few times here. But I mean... yeah, they're a perfect fit.
Anna (in everything)

So my Conference would look like this...
Adams Central
Anna
Coldwater
Crestview
Delphos St. John's
Fort Loramie
Fort Recovery
Jay County
Lima Central Catholic
Marion Local
Minster
New Bremen
New Knoxville
Parkway
St. Henry
South Adams
Versailles

Brecksville
Brunswick
Highland
Medina
Nordonia
North Royalton
Strongsville
Wadsworth

All D1/D2 Schools on, in or just off the 71/82/77/76 Square
That used to be bulk of the old Pioneer Conference in which I coached in with the exception of Highland and Nordonia. Berea and Midpark were in the conference and Cloverleaf was added when Wadsworth left. Great games back in the day.

For a longtime, I wanted:
Triway, Orrville, Manchester, Northwest, Tuslaw, Fairless, Canton CC, and St. Thomas Aquinas

This was before Orrville and Northwest joined the PAC.

If these 8 schools end up in the same league, great. If not, my school is no worse off than it was before. I'd also settle for Canton South in place of St. Thomas Aquinas.
That would be a solid league.

Greenon
Northwestern
Shawnee
Tecumseh
Kenton Ridge
Northeastern
Southeastern
Catholic Central

all of the Clark County schools, minus D1 Springfield

I think the MAC is perfect as is.
But to entertain the question presented, I'd have 7 teams I'd pluck:
Jay County- Honestly just a personal pick. Strengthening the rivalry between them and FR.
South Adams- Proximity to MACland and an extreme amount of cross play between them and MAC schools in most sports. Similar size too.
Adams Central- Pretty much exactly like SA but with less cross play.
Crestview- Strengthen an already strong rivalry with PW. Also help centralize Parkway, as well as the previous two mentioned.
Lima Central Catholic- Yeah I know, another catholic school, but they're strong in most sports and would- again- strengthen a rivalry with DSJ
Fort Loramie- I'm not a big Loramie guy, I've stated that a few times here. But I mean... yeah, they're a perfect fit.
Anna (in everything)

So my Conference would look like this...
Adams Central
Anna
Coldwater
Crestview
Delphos St. John's
Fort Loramie
Fort Recovery
Jay County
Lima Central Catholic
Marion Local
Minster
New Bremen
New Knoxville
Parkway
St. Henry
South Adams
Versailles
I would hold off until we get the right TV contract.....

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 3.01.47 PM.png

OFE….Ohio Fish Eaters

Ed’s
Ignatius
Hoban
St. Vincent-St. Mary
Elder
LaSalle
Moeller
St. Xavier

7 conference games (including 2 conference travel games) per year.

sample schedule
X vs Elder, Moe and LaSalle plus…
Iggy @ X
X @ Ed’s
Hoban @ X
X @ St Vin- St Mary

And then X finds a couple GMC schools to beat up on to fill out their schedule.

Last edited:
Being how sparse and how much the size of schools are in SEO. I’d say honestly the SEOAL again if we are talking just football. Majority of the teams still hold weight today and that’s if we took the traveling out of the equation
Yeah the SEOAL was on its death bed since the 80’s when the small schools went to the TVC.