What Movies Did You Watch in May 2021?

vamp2syd

As a horror movie junkie, I come across a lot of off beat Horror movies as well as the run in the mill straight to video. I will share my thoughts of the ones that I see this month. So, if you seen a movie new or old and want to share your thoughts go ahead, and if its horror, even better!!!!

I will edit in my horror views here with my rating scale on how I liked it.....

8 = Donnie Darko
7 = Excellent !!!!!
6 = Great
5 = pretty Good
4 = OK/Good
3 = not good
2 = Bad
1 = Unwatchable

==========================================

#4295 Underwater (US-2020) ... 5.0/8

#4296 The Witches (US-2020) ... "Roald Dahl's The Witches" ... 5.0/8

#4297 The Willies (US-1990) ... 2.5/8

#4298 Aenigma (Italy-1987) ... 3.5/8

#4299 Letters to Satan Claus (US-2020) ... 2.5/8

#4300 Il mulino delle donne di pietra (Italy-1960) ... aka "Mill of the Stone Women" ... 3.5/8

#4301 El Pacto (Spain-2018) ... 5.5/8

#4302 Legend of the Bog (Ireland-2009) ... 2.0/8

#4303 The Devil's Tomb (US-2009) ... 2.0/8

#4304 The Blackcoat's Daughter (Canada-2015) ... 6.0/8

Last edited:

Straight Outta Compton (2015) 7/8 Love this movie. One of my favorite music biopics.
Caught it again this weeekend.
Remember seeing it in the theatres when it came out with some guys who were like 20 years younger than me and they were surpised I knew so much about it. I was like....dude, I grew up on that stuff back in the day!

Also, Bohemian Rhapsody. Love that flick....now I just usually switch to it during the musical acts.

Caught it again this weeekend.
Remember seeing it in the theatres when it came out with some guys who were like 20 years younger than me and they were surpised I knew so much about it. I was like....dude, I grew up on that stuff back in the day!

Also, Bohemian Rhapsody. Love that flick....now I just usually switch to it during the musical acts.
I find myself watching Bohemian Rhapsody whenever I run across it on the TV. If you get a chance, youtube the side-by-side performance from Live Aid with the movie version. It's absolutely spot on.

I find myself watching Bohemian Rhapsody whenever I run across it on the TV. If you get a chance, youtube the side-by-side performance from Live Aid with the movie version. It's absolutely spot on.
I read about that a week or two ago. I googled what that manager did on the soundboard wondering what he was doing. I at first thought it was something about maybe muting the mics and having him lip sync because of his issues but found out what he did was really did turn up the sound!

I read the things that were true, and fabricated as you know they have to hollywood it up. The firing of Miami, them not having any gigs/much practice before Live Aid and some other insignificant things like certain songs not played on some of the early tours but other than that it seemed like they didnt hollywood it too much.

Unlike Hoosiers. I was disappointed to read that true story...

Molly's Game (2017)

Based on a true story of a hopeful Olympic skiier who turns to running high stakes poker games after a career-ending injury but faces federal charges after her games become intertwined with the mafia. I was recommended this movie when I made a comment on another forum that two of my favorite movies are Inglorious Basterds and The Social Network. Molly's Game is directed by Aaron Sorkin, who wrote the Social Network screenplay. Very good performances from Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba, and Kevin Costner. The dialogue comes at a fast pace and I appreciated how I didn't need to know too much about Poker (I really don't) to follow. It's also very narration-heavy and you do feel its length at two hours and 20 minutes. Thankful I saw it and entertained me for an evening, but don't think I need to see it again. 5.5/8

Underwater (2020)

Horror: Deep Sea drilling base over 6 miles below the sea is attacked by some strange creature leaving the crew scrambling for survival. No character development here as we get started right away. Overall, it wasn't that bad and anything lovecraftian is going to be good.... 5.0/8

Roald Dahl's The Witches (2020)

Family Horror: Technically this is horror and this remake plays more to that genre than the original and more true to the book. A young orphan learns about witches and finds himself in a hotel full of them..... 5.0/8

Meek's Cutoff (2010) - Very good but very unusual western. Very accurate in its details, if not its story (although it was inspired by a true story). It had wagons pulled by oxen, not horses like most westerns. It is a very stark film, which is well suited to the mounting terror and deprivations faced by these pioneers.

6/8

The Willies (1990)

Horror Anthology: 3 boys sleeping out in a tent tell stories that they claim are true. This was just really silly and not very good at all... 2.5/8

Aenigma (Italy-1987)

Horror: A comatose patient uses supernatural ways to seek revenge on those who bullied her. This one had its moments but enough to make it good... 3.5/8

Cactus Flower (1969) ... 4.5/8

excellent performance by Ingrid Bergman. May have been Goldie Hawn's first movie.....

The Shining (1980) ... 7.5/8

I always watch this one when it comes on. It just amazes me every time I watch it knowing that everything in it is meant to be!!!!!!

Greenland (2020) ... 5.5/8

Normally a movie like this would bug me but I just let it go and enjoyed it.

Letters to Satan Claus (2020)

Horror Comedy: The town of Ornaments really gets into X-Mas but Holly just cannot stand it and things go terribly wrong when she accidentally writes a letter to Satan. This one started out pretty charmy but grew old as it went on..... 2.5/8

Il mulino delle donne di pietra (Italy-1960)

Horror: AKA "Mill of the Stone Women" ... Hans is invited to a mill where creepy wax figures are made where he becomes curious about the owner's daughter. Something is just not right.... well, while this one looks good for its time it falters a bit in delivering the story..... 3.5/8

Harry Potter and the Sorceress stone (5/8)

Yes I'm a little late, and at my age surprised I was able to stay woke through the whole thing. I found it rather enjoyable.

Diner (1982) - This was one of my oldest son's favorite films. I finally watched it. Good delayed adolescents coming of age film. These guys are in their early twenties, still pulling high school pranks and have no clue about relationships and marriage. They seem to have a better idea by the end. It was a lot of fun to see these actors at the start of their careers.

6/8

Diner (1982) - This was one of my oldest son's favorite films. I finally watched it. Good delayed adolescents coming of age film. These guys are in their early twenties, still pulling high school pranks and have no clue about relationships and marriage. They seem to have a better idea by the end. It was a lot of fun to see these actors at the start of their careers.

6/8
Just looked it up. A lot of familar faces in it. I'm going to have to add it to my to watch list. I'm surprised I've never even heard of it before.

Wrath of Man. With Jason Statman as the star, you know that there's going to be a high body count. 5.5/8

Last edited:
Vertigo (1958) ... 5.0/8

Honestly, I thought it was a bit over-rated. I know some feel it is the best movie ever ... I just don't see that.

Enemy (2013) ... 6.0/8

This was a strange ride and sort of a "Donnie Darko" parallel which likely has much to do with Jake Gyllenhaal. This movie does not explain much so if you do not like to think you will hate the ending.....