What Movies Did You Watch in March 2023?

I don't hate this one, but I prefer The Heat, Tammy, Identity Thief, St. Vincent and though they aren't really her movies I really like her smaller roles in This Is 40 and The Hangover III.
I enjoyed Spy way more than the abominations that were Tammy and Identity Thief

Last edited:
Significant Other (2022)

Horror SciFi: A couple alone in the woods..... This one was actually not that bad that is until about the 50 minute mark where it fell flat on its face for me. oh well.... 3.5/8

Torn Hearts (2022)

Horror/Drama: A country duo end up at there idols private mansion to find out that she has become a recluse and is a bit off. This is a horror only because of the atmosphere. Not a very good movie but Katey Sagal is in it which is a bonus... 3.0/8

Scream 6: 6.5/8

Another worthy installment to the franchise. Moving the series to New York City gives the movie a sense of freshness and allowed them to do certain things plot wise and murder wise that they wouldn’t have been able to do in the normal small town setting.

The opening scene was refreshingly original and they throw you a curveball (which a part of me wishes they had gone that route just to see where it led story wise).

The killer reveal was a slightly mixed bag for me. Solid motive, but I think the actors played it a little over the top for my taste. I feel like the writers could have made it more emotional.

I think this article does a great job of explaining why Scream is my favorite horror franchise. Because at its heart, it’s not a horror franchise, it’s a murder mystery (which I’m a big fan of).

Last edited:
Cover Girl (1944) Going through old musicals. Seeing that Rita Hayworth, known now more for steam is really cut from the same cloth as Lucille Ball, known now more for comedy surprised me. I'd only seen her dramatic movies.

I'd read about a particular dance scene, I don't know why it's the first time I've seen it. It doesn't seem to make the anthologies seen on awards shows and stuff. I always enjoyed Anchors Away and the dance scene with Donald O'Conner and Debbie Reynolds. This is called Alter Ego, absolutely brilliant.

Boston Strangler (2023)- this premiered on Hulu Friday night. Not great, but a decent historical drama that follows the female reporters that broke the stories on the Boston Strangler. 5.5./8.

Over the past week I've been on a Farrelly Bros. kick. My rankings are strictly comedy based with Caddyshack being 8/8.

Kingpin (7/8), There is Something About Mary (7/8), Me, Myself, and Irene (7/8), Stuck on You (6.5/8), Heartbreak Kid (6/8).

All dynamite funny. Will we ever see comedies like these again?

Over the past week I've been on a Farrelly Bros. kick. My rankings are strictly comedy based with Caddyshack being 8/8.

Kingpin (7/8), There is Something About Mary (7/8), Me, Myself, and Irene (7/8), Stuck on You (6.5/8), Heartbreak Kid (6/8).

All dynamite funny. Will we ever see comedies like these again?
Putting Farrelly's on their own relative scale makes sense. Otherwise it'd be 7.2's, 7.6s... One of them (Peter, looked it up to remind myself) wrote a book I've been wanting to read and just haven't pulled the trigger on it. They made it into a movie, unfortuntely with Alec Baldwin who I generally do not enjoy. It hs Amy Smart who I always enjoy. Maybe I'll watch it today, Outside Providence. Ever watch it?

Putting Farrelly's on their own relative scale makes sense. Otherwise it'd be 7.2's, 7.6s... One of them (Peter, looked it up to remind myself) wrote a book I've been wanting to read and just haven't pulled the trigger on it. They made it into a movie, unfortuntely with Alec Baldwin who I generally do not enjoy. It hs Amy Smart who I always enjoy. Maybe I'll watch it today, Outside Providence. Ever watch it?
Yes, after it came out years ago. Good movie and still comedic but it was definitely a more serious flick for them. Not bad.

It was a good Sunday afternoon movie. Baldwin was all right. Some good scenes with him and "Farrelly."
Yeah nothing great, and not their forte. If I remember right it was loosely based on their childhood. The George Wendt character coming out was cutting edge for the time.

War-Gods of the Deep (UK-1965)

Horror Fantasy: Cornwall 1903 the coastal community is dwindling and a group stumble upon and underwater city ran by a non-aging smuggler played by Vincent Price. This one is based off "City in the Sea" by Edgar Allen Poe. It is what it is .... 4.0/8

Curse of Bigfoot (1975)

Horror: Students on an archaeological dig discover something in a cave. I knew this one was bad going into it after all this one was featured on Mystery Science Theater 3K. This was no Bigfoot in this movie it was some mummified creature so I was confused by the title. I since learned that this film was actually "Teenagers Battle the Thing" but with some added scenes and the name change..... Any how, it is bad... really bad but not bad enough to come close to worse movie of all time stardom .... 2.0/8

The Unraveling (2015)

Thriller: Packaged as a horror 5 buddies head out deep into the woods to find they are not alone during a drinking binge. I've seen too many movies as I easily figured out what was going on early .... I was hoping I was wrong..... Did not care for the reveal nor the after credit scene which was not needed..... 3.5/8

Shazam Fury of the Gods - 5.5/10

Not a horrible movie by any stretch just too campy for me and not all that funny either. It does have some solid action at times and is much better than anything Marvel has put out in the last year and a half. Supposedly it’s tanking at the box office though due to it not being apart of James Gunns new DC universe.

TMZ INVESTIGATES: 9/11:THE 5TH PLANE

The Pilot and crew of United Airlines Flight 23 are convinced that they were to be the 5th plane on 9-11.

It's a 40 minute documentary that was broadcasted on FOX TV last night.

I missed it live, but here's the link...

Cruiser (2016)

Horror: Found Footage style..... A woman becomes a prisoner in the back of a stolen police cruiser. Low budget but delivers in certain scenes. The last scene felt very disjointed and hard to tell what is going on the audio goes from loud to can't hear but that might of been intentional in trying to make it realistic. Overall, it was decent, distrubing, and a bit different. Reminded me of Live PD as the footage was mostly from the police cruiser.... 4.0/8

Cruiser (2016)

Horror: Found Footage style..... A woman becomes a prisoner in the back of a stolen police cruiser. Low budget but delivers in certain scenes. The last scene felt very disjointed and hard to tell what is going on the audio goes from loud to can't hear but that might of been intentional in trying to make it realistic. Overall, it was decent, distrubing, and a bit different. Reminded me of Live PD as the footage was mostly from the police cruiser.... 4.0/8

Vamp, where can I find this one?

Gosford Park: 4/8

A bit of a let down. Billed as a murder mystery of sorts, the murder doesn't happen until more than halfway through the movie. Saved by a star studded cast.

I'd be interested to see this remade and slightly re-worked.

Chevalier (2022)

Shown last night at the Cleveland International Film Festival (CIFF). It's a pretty high budget Hollywood film going into general release in April '23. Some known actors (Minnie Driver, e.g.). FWIW and if you've never been...the CIFF can be a lot of fun, but you have to sift through some garbage to get to the gems, which are usually small budget films from some little country...usually, not much about anything, but the film takes you somewhere you'll never go. In other words, you have to be committed to seeing a lot of movies, usually buy a pass for the whole ten days (not cheap). If you're willing to spend the time/money, it can be a fun experience.

In this instance, the film is pretty much a dog...you have to be suspicious about a movie of this size ($) playing at CIFF...though, there could be good reasons (get a read from an audience before release...might be the reason this film was showing). It is based VERY loosely on the life of Joseph Bologne (a bastard son of a wealthy French planter and an enslaved woman). His father takes him from the Caribbean to France, where he gets educated and becomes gifted at swordplay and opera composing. He is rising to stardom and influence and then, SUDDENLY, everyone realizes he's black and they treat him like crap. All of this is going on while the French Revolution is getting underway and Chevalier is interacting with people like Marie Antoinette.

The topic IS potentially interesting, but the movie just LAYS there...and it's all pretty predictable race formula stuff. Additionally, reading about him afterward...the person existed...the movie isn't very true to his life.

Last edited: