What Movies Did You Watch in June 2021?

The Testament of Dr. Mabuse (Germany-1933)

Crime Horror: Even after death the criminal mind of Dr. Mabuse is still up to no good..... I really did not care for it unlike most that have seen it.... 3.0/8

Useless Humans (2020)

Comedy Horror: A group of partying friends meet up after years of being apart to discover an alien on the grounds. This was one of those stupid funny type that started out ok but got annoying as it went on..... 3.5/8

The Crazies (2010) 4/8 The drinking water supply of a small town becomes tainted when a military plane crashes into it and releases a virus that causes people to lose their sht and react violently. The government intervenes in an attempt to "contain" the spread. Not too bad, thought it could have been better with a little more gore.

The Outlaw Josey Wells (1976) 6.5/8 Clint Eastwood plays Josey Wells a man declared an outlaw by the Union army following the Civil War after he refuses to turn himself in and watching the rest of his crew get murdered by the Union regulars. I like about anything with Clint Eastwood. I use to watch this one with my dad when I was a kid, but thought it was much better no that I'm older.

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) 4/8 Meh, seen better, seen worse. Great special effects, so so story.

WW84 (2021) 2/8 I really liked the original Wonder Woman, this was a major letdown. I had a tough time even staying awake. Gal Gadot is fun to look at and Kristen Wiig was probably the only good part of the whole thing.

Ghost Light (2018)

Dark Comedy/Horror: A stock actor on a summer Shakespeare traveling tour does not take the superstitions of the play Macbeth seriously and unleashes a curse on the cast. This one had charm but it wore thin as it went on.... 3.0/8

Within (2016)

Horror: This is one of those movies where a family moves into a new home and strange things happen. This one is likely a remake of the movie "Crawlspace" but this one really insults the intelligence of the audience. It is very clear that the walls of this newer house is not thick enough to allow anyone to move around inside them but yet it happens over and over again. Spoiler rants.... a woman watches her husband go into the house but never comes out. A daughter's boyfriend also goes missing in the house but no concern by anyone of the missing people..... nobody checks the identity of the person shot in the house ???? this was so awfully written it was painful to watch.... 2.0/8

There will be Blood (2007)...5.0/8

Starts out with several minutes of some action with no talking, background music kinda forecasts the movie will eventually get pretty dark.....which it does at the end. Worth watching, good not great.
The only thing good about that move was Daniel Day Lewis. When he beat the Danna kid on the bowling alley I smiled.

Luca - The latest from Pixar, and my favorite so far. Set in a small Italian fishing village. I watched it with my wife and 2 year old granddaughter. It held all of our attention, including the 2 year old.

5.5/8

Luca - The latest from Pixar, and my favorite so far. Set in a small Italian fishing village. I watched it with my wife and 2 year old granddaughter. It held all of our attention, including the 2 year old.

5.5/8
Really!? Better than Toy Story, Up, The Incredibles or Monster's Inc.? I'm gonna have to check it out then. Those movies rank pretty high on my favorite "kids" movie list.

Really!? Better than Toy Story, Up, The Incredibles or Monster's Inc.? I'm gonna have to check it out then. Those movies rank pretty high on my favorite "kids" movie list.
I am not a big fan of the Toys franchise. Monster's Inc. was on par. It is a matter of taste. All of them are technically outstanding, and the voice actors are particularly good, I just felt this was a warm, simple story, yes, with sea monsters, but otherwise, very relatable.

Concrete Cowboys - A recent Netflix release about real world cowboys in Philadelphia. Apparently it was based on a real urban riding club in Philly. A surprising story. Be sure to watch it through the end credits.

5/8

Baywatch - My wife had seen this and couldn't get over how funny it was. I guess the boy band jokes impressed her more than it did me. One of the hazards of extra-generational marriage I guess. It would have been a better parody if it had more boobs. All of the women in the film, though pretty, were relatively flat-chested. That is not an indication of my shallowness, after all, I did not like the TV series and did not want to see the movie. It is just that if you are going to parody the series, you have to have more boobs and more boob jokes.

2/8

Just wasted 2,5 hours of my like watching "Tenet." Could someone else who has seen this monstrosity plain explain the plot to me?

The Crazies (2010) 4/8 The drinking water supply of a small town becomes tainted when a military plane crashes into it and releases a virus that causes people to lose their sht and react violently. The government intervenes in an attempt to "contain" the spread. Not too bad, thought it could have been better with a little more gore.

The Outlaw Josey Wells (1976) 6.5/8 Clint Eastwood plays Josey Wells a man declared an outlaw by the Union army following the Civil War after he refuses to turn himself in and watching the rest of his crew get murdered by the Union regulars. I like about anything with Clint Eastwood. I use to watch this one with my dad when I was a kid, but thought it was much better no that I'm older.

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) 4/8 Meh, seen better, seen worse. Great special effects, so so story.

WW84 (2021) 2/8 I really liked the original Wonder Woman, this was a major letdown. I had a tough time even staying awake. Gal Gadot is fun to look at and Kristen Wiig was probably the only good part of the whole thing.

I liked the lessons you learned from the movie and the stereotypes that were in at that time. I'll give you just one, if you want more, let me know.
The grandma's son who had past, was a "redleg" and the redleg's destroyed his house and killed Joesy Wells family, yet Josey protected them all.

I liked the lessons you learned from the movie and the stereotypes that were in at that time. I'll give you just one, if you want more, let me know.
The grandma's son who had past, was a "redleg" and the redleg's destroyed his house and killed Joesy Wells family, yet Josey protected them all.
And Lone Watie transcends the tribalism in which he was raised and clings to his new "family" and "tribe". The message is really quite relevant today given the race based tribalism promoted by the Left in this country, where race and other tribal labels are all that matter and Liberals are so busy pitting one against the others in order to maintain their control.

And Lone Watie transcends the tribalism in which he was raised and clings to his new "family" and "tribe". The message is really quite relevant today given the race based tribalism promoted by the Left in this country, where race and other tribal labels are all that matter and Liberals are so busy pitting one against the others in order to maintain their control.
Yup. The slurs were taken and no offense was taken due to the circumstances. I love movies with hidden meanings and laugh in my mind at those you didn't get it.

New Jack City (1991) 5/8 Wesley Snipes plays fictional New York drug kingpin Nino Brown. Good gangster flick and one of the first to tie the gangster/dopeboy/hip hop world together around the time gangster rap was really starting to blow up. Some good acting from Snipes, Ice T, Judd Nelson and Mario Van Peeples, but then some really bad acting from some of the more minor characters.