What is the status of a 4th Division for CC/Track?

Supertramp

Is there any news?

It seemed like we were on the verge of a 4th Division this track season but the idea got shut down in the mess of organizing everything else for COVID.

Altor

My understanding is that the BoD didn't even take it up, citing their previous decision to not make any changes to divisions in any sport this year.

Last edited:

Finishtiming

I feel this would have been the year to really push this. OATCCC could have very easily put it to ohsaa that "how about we don't push for the extra qualifiers this year due to multiple sites and next year you give us a 4th division and we won't need the extra qualifiers anymore."

Supertramp

I feel this would have been the year to really push this. OATCCC could have very easily put it to ohsaa that "how about we don't push for the extra qualifiers this year due to multiple sites and next year you give us a 4th division and we won't need the extra qualifiers anymore."
I agree. That's why I am surprised we have heard very little about this.

I just don't understand the hesitancy. OHSAA will make more money. Coaches want it.

What am I missing?

grange45

They tabled it this school year, but is still up in the air for next year, but only for track and field. Cross country will not move to 4 divisions and has never been brought up with the OATCCC.

It was being pushed in the summer and fall and looked like it was going to happen this year until Gabor got sick and everything stalled.