What D4 to D7 schools have a Freshmen team?

Irwin20

Curious as to how many D4 and lower schools have a Freshman football team. There are a few in the Cincinnati area that I’m aware of they many times have to schedule D1 Or D2 schools (sometimes B teams) to fill their schedule.

Kirtland has had a freshman team up in Northeast Ohio the last 5-10 seasons, and they have gone through the same kind of thing having to schedule bigger schools.

Every team in the EBC has had freshman teams for as long as I can remember, lots of D4 teams there. Similar things in the surrounding leagues too in that area

Marion Local D 7 school last year had 27 boys on the frosh team, this more than any other reason is why the Flyers enjoy success on the football field, ditto for Coldwater. In fact those 2 schools freshman teams usually play each other twice a year as they can't find enough frosh games.

Varies year to year for our school. Last year our D6 school had 20 freshmen so they played 6 or 7 freshmen games. In other years they'll normally have 10-12 freshmen so they might bring a couple sophomores that don't play much JV and play 3-4 freshmen games

West Jefferson

Springfield Shawnee does occasionally, i know they played at least a few frosh games this past season

Columbus Grove, Liberty Benton, Archbold, Liberty Center, Tinora, Most MAC, Ottawa Glandorf, St. Marys, Carey to name a few.

Versailles, D5, D6 has a Freshman team and if another MAC team does not have enough players , then they look to find another team. Maybe another MAC school like ML, Coldwater, or another school like Wapakoneta, Sidney, or Milton.

Milton-Union used to have one years ago. Seems when they eliminated it the program nose-dived. Problem was not only scheduling but numbers. I do believe pee-wee football burns some kids out to a point that they don't want it by the time they are a Frosh.
I believe this is a very important part of building a program that is successful. Those Frosh, typically, spend a couple of years watching and not playing.
I think the MAC schools have such success due to their Frosh teams. MAC teams not having pee wee is a good call in my opinion.