Western reserve discussion

I use to think 50% of what was on year was made up and wrong. Now I wonder if we should start thinking most of it is right. If you reread parts of this thread from the pov of things being right, it’s mind blowing. What don’t we know?
We don't know why Armeni, would leave LaBrae, and then apply for the Western Reserve job. That seems to be a secret as of now

We don't know why Armeni, would leave LaBrae, and then apply for the Western Reserve job. That seems to be a secret as of now
Once again rumor mill but I heard that Armeni thought he had an inside track for the Boardman job and was surprised when it didn't work out.

Once again rumor mill but I heard that Armeni thought he had an inside track for the Boardman job and was surprised when it didn't work out.
I still think there is some kind of inside scoop that went on between Armeni, and LaBrae, for him to just step down, and that another school is just going to hire him for sure

I can’t imagine that Coach Armeni would agree to anything like that, being told who to keep and who not to keep. I also have it on good authority that he resigned from Labrae due to substandard leadership in the administration (work with a rival parent who’s nephew was a senior on the 2021 team). If he indeed is the hire, then the Blue Devil program is in good hands.

I can’t imagine that Coach Armeni would agree to anything like that, being told who to keep and who not to keep. I also have it on good authority that he resigned from Labrae due to substandard leadership in the administration (work with a rival parent who’s nephew was a senior on the 2021 team). If he indeed is the hire, then the Blue Devil program is in good hands.
With rumors of Lude being run out bc of certain parents on the board and the stats of their sons, he shouldn’t have any problem here

L . O . L .

I still think there is some kind of inside scoop that went on between Armeni, and LaBrae, for him to just step down, and that another school is just going to hire him for sure
Maybe the guy just wanted a new job? Maybe he doesn’t want to coach? Maybe they weren’t going to be very good? Who knows…don’t people switch or take other jobs in every profession? Not everything is a conspiracy

Now that the drama is behind us. I am excited to see who gets called in for 2nd interviews. There is still a lot of talent coming back. The right coach could be walking into a really good situation. Whether you liked Lude or not, a lot of young guys played the last two years. Let’s get back to talking about what is important, the football.
Yes let’s not get crazy. You can’t compare. I don’t think people believe he was better than Hake, that’s insane. He just was an exciting replacement that had support from the community and got let go for what many believe to be the wrong reasons. He’s gone, he’s not coming back and it’s time we all move on. I’m excited to see where the program goes next and will try to be more positive. At least until they make the hire.
I should have asked why wouldn’t they want Hake back? Yeah they are not comparable on stats and time would have only told that. Comparable though on that Lude did though start in a tougher schedule than Hake started in his first years with teams like Southington ,Mathews etc. Lude stepped right into Liberty,Springfield,LaBrae…and 2nd year went 5-1 in the
Why would they even take Hake back ? Lude accomplished in his first two years just about what Hake did in all his time there and it was during the roughest time in coaching during a pandemic. Lude should have stayed,a little more time establishing his program ,his players ,getting to know their talents,maybe getting more players interested he might actually get passed Springfield or the first round of playoffs.Those boys made it there this year in his first real semi normal coaching season. He also beat a very good LaBrae team in his first year and to deal with some powerhouse teams. I’d say Hulea would be the guy if your looking for someone who can work within a community and not rely on tons of open erollment talent,knows how to get past Springfield etc.,he’s been at the next level and proven twice already that he can build programs from within.
new
Thought that same thing…doesn’t appear Lude got a fair shake but there might be things we don’t know. Hake was 104-25 and Lude was 11-10? it’s not really comparable. Lude deserves another shot but it sounds like he has several opportunities to do that.

Does anyone know if Hulea applied or got interviewed? Probably go in a much younger direction but Hulea is definitely a hire they can sale to a community who is spinning…if he is in the mix.
Lude was 11-10 ,,4 losses were to Springfield 1 to the deep run state playoff JFK team,the emerging Liberty team who was by far better than there record. Hake himself I believe beat Springfield once? Hake started his carreer in a softer schedule like Southington and Mathew’s,acquired some of those accolades in those softer schedules while establishing his coaching and developing his players. Lude started his coaching debut in a tougher schedule loaded with some powerhouses during a pandemic,2nd year he took the team to 5-1 in the league and 2nd in the conference. Time would have only told what he could have done with those boys. Boy coaches are comparable as have not having a losing season,establishing football ethics with there team,developing the boys,getting them to the playoffs. So what is it they think Armenia is going to do? Instant State title? Why wouldn’t they take hake back if he was available if he was so wonderful? Armeni couldn’t get a 1 ranked LaBrae past Mogadore,you think he’s the guy to get them past Springfield and beyond. I think you had your guy. Armeni left LaBrae and I don’t see a lot of LaBrae people upset. Why is that?

I should have asked why wouldn’t they want Hake back? Yeah they are not comparable on stats and time would have only told that. Comparable though on that Lude did though start in a tougher schedule than Hake started in his first years with teams like Southington ,Mathews etc. Lude stepped right into Liberty,Springfield,LaBrae…and 2nd year went 5-1 in the

new

Lude was 11-10 ,,4 losses were to Springfield 1 to the deep run state playoff JFK team,the emerging Liberty team who was by far better than there record. Hake himself I believe beat Springfield once? Hake started his carreer in a softer schedule like Southington and Mathew’s,acquired some of those accolades in those softer schedules while establishing his coaching and developing his players. Lude started his coaching debut in a tougher schedule loaded with some powerhouses during a pandemic,2nd year he took the team to 5-1 in the league and 2nd in the conference. Time would have only told what he could have done with those boys. Boy coaches are comparable as have not having a losing season,establishing football ethics with there team,developing the boys,getting them to the playoffs. So what is it they think Armenia is going to do? Instant State title? Why wouldn’t they take hake back if he was available if he was so wonderful? Armeni couldn’t get a 1 ranked LaBrae past Mogadore,you think he’s the guy to get them past Springfield and beyond. I think you had your guy. Armeni left LaBrae and I don’t see a lot of LaBrae people upset. Why is that?
Are you a LaBrae person and do you know why he left?

If LaBraes Armeni is the next coach remember again Reserve beat LaBraes loaded team,I think they had 2 maybe 3 possible d-1 players and several other high talents on that team.Lude was the coach so did reserve just trade down?possibly

Are you a LaBrae person and do you know why he left?
Yeah,but not sure what the true reason was,he’ll say he needed a break,I know there was tension with ethics, administration other sport programs.A assistant coach mentioned LaBrae is lucky if they go 500,there’s no player leaders left.. could be a little of the cub board is possibly bare thought also. He tried to leave for fitch two years ago. He knows football though,he’ll build a program at all costs.

What’s that good authority Armeni himself?

If LaBraes Armeni is the next coach remember again Reserve beat LaBraes loaded team,I think they had 2 maybe 3 possible d-1 players and several other high talents on that team.Lude was the coach so did reserve just trade down?possibly
Haha sounds like you have some sour grapes there bud. WR didn’t trade anything yet because they don’t have a coach!

What’s that good authority Armeni himself?
I have never met Coach Armeni, or anybody associated with the program other than my co-workers nephew. I remember him saying that his team was full of seniors, we’re they all starters on both offense and defense? Is there a class that is light in numbers? When my son played at McK, his freshman team had 43 players, but his class ended with 21, so it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility

Yeah,but not sure what the true reason was,he’ll say he needed a break,I know there was tension with ethics, administration other sport programs.A assistant coach mentioned LaBrae is lucky if they go 500,there’s no player leaders left.. could be a little of the cub board is possibly bare thought also. He tried to leave for fitch two years ago. He knows football though,he’ll build a program at all costs.
An assistant coach from the new staff, or his staff? Regardless, I don’t think that coach should be around young men if he is publicly or privately speaking like that.

An assistant coach from the new staff, or his staff? Regardless, I don’t think that coach should be around young men if he is publicly or privately speaking like that.
Old coaching staff now. I’ll never say who but this is the mentality and understand it’s the norm right,and it was an honest response from him to my question of what’s going on.

It was a good staff for the most part
They and us thought them a lot but we’re gone and new guys will run new stuff and I’m sorry you don’t wanna hear it and you don’t understand but there’s not much talent left there 5-5 tops
Is coaches are yearly contracts we all were out after this year for the most part, talent equals wins and playoffs
I’m not going somewhere where 5-5 is tops
I have no ties to Labrae or Steetsboro or Warren
There to win
No one wants to lose

Last edited:
Just spoke to a friend about the current situation at Western Reserve, and this was his response..

"I was told over a week ago that Rick Shepas was going to be the next coach, pending board approval honoring all of his years. Apparently two former football coaches who are on the current administration at the school have stated that they will be filling out Coach Shepas staff, to include Andy hake. The plan is for Shepas to put in 2 years and then turn the program back over to coach hake. This information is coming second hand, but the original source is someone who is on the search committee. [source] isn’t sure what the hold up is. This was considered a done deal for quite some time, so the lack of an announcement is strange and probably indicates they’re making a mess again.”

Old staff now lol I’ll never say who but this is the mentality and understand it’s the norm right,and it was an honest response to my question of what’s going on.

It was a good staff for the most part
They and us thought them a lot but we’re gone and new guys will run new stuff and I’m sorry you don’t wanna hear it and you don’t understand but there’s not much talent left there 5-5 tops
Is coaches are yearly contracts we all were out after this year for the most part, talent equals wins and playoffs
I’m not going somewhere where 5-5 is tops
I have no ties to Labrae or Steetsboro or Warren
There to win
No one wants to lose
That coach should certainly be gone then. If he has the audacity to speak like that to parents of current players, that is very disrespectful. If coaches ever spoke to me like that while my sons were in school, we would have moved! If that coach was there during the entire run of Armeni, then he impacted plenty of players, and it doesn’t sound like it was for the better.

Just spoke to a friend about the current situation at Western Reserve, and this was his response..

"I was told over a week ago that Rick Shepas was going to be the next coach, pending board approval honoring all of his years. Apparently two former football coaches who are on the current administration at the school have stated that they will be filling out Coach Shepas staff, to include Andy hake. The plan is for Shepas to put in 2 years and then turn the program back over to coach hake. This information is coming second hand, but the original source is someone who is on the search committee. [source] isn’t sure what the hold up is. This was considered a done deal for quite some time, so the lack of an announcement is strange and probably indicates they’re making a mess again.”
Wow, that is the first I’ve heard of Rick Shepas in years!!! Where has he been? My oldest son played against him in the early 2000’s when he was coaching at Massillon. Didn’t he go to coach in college?

Wow, that is the first I’ve heard of Rick Shepas in years!!! Where has he been? My oldest son played against him in the early 2000’s when he was coaching at Massillon. Didn’t he go to coach in college?
Not sure on that, but iI know he is a Cardinal Mooney grad. I'm surprised he didn't go back to Mooney to coach