West Branch (12-1) vs. Jefferson (10-3) for D4 Region 13 title

Congrats to Jefferson tonight on the win! Although WB was the better team all season you guys were the better team tonight! Congrats and good luck next week against the Tarblooders.

Another disappointing game for West Branch in a Regional Final.. Defense and Special teams continue to be bad year in and year out... This needs to be addressed soon. Jefferson ran 1 play all night and West Branch made 0 adjustments on how to stop them or at least slow it down. Having Perry and Deshields not play defense late in the season and in the playoffs certainly hurt as well, made a bad defense even worse. WB had a lot of Sophomores and Freshman get a ton of playing time this year. Losing Dru will be a huge blow but I think There are a lot of pieces on this team coming back next year!

Good Luck to the Falcons Next week and as always ........... GO GREEN!!

Yes the Warriors defense needed all the help they could get, and not having DeShields and others definitely made a big difference.

I can honestly say that Jefferson is probably the luckiest regional champion of all time, and probably the worst regional champion in D-IV or higher in the past 30 years. Region 13 was easily the weakest region in D-IV and most likely D-V and D-VI as well. Jefferson would be slaughtered by Kirtland, Marion Local, South Range, Liberty Center, etc. JFK in D-VII would probably beat Jefferson as well because at least they can play defense.

Congrats to Jefferson tonight on the win! Although WB was the better team all season you guys were the better team tonight! Congrats and good luck next week against the Tarblooders.

Another disappointing game for West Branch in a Regional Final.. Defense and Special teams continue to be bad year in and year out... This needs to be addressed soon. Jefferson ran 1 play all night and West Branch made 0 adjustments on how to stop them or at least slow it down. Having Perry and Deshields not play defense late in the season and in the playoffs certainly hurt as well, made a bad defense even worse. WB had a lot of Sophomores and Freshman get a ton of playing time this year. Losing Dru will be a huge blow but I think There are a lot of pieces on this team coming back next year!

I agree, everyone knows coaches coaching in a regional final game don’t make any adjustments. What a terrible take.

Yes the Warriors defense needed all the help they could get, and not having DeShields and others definitely made a big difference.

I can honestly say that Jefferson is probably the luckiest regional champion of all time, and probably the worst regional champion in D-IV or higher in the past 30 years. Region 13 was easily the weakest region in D-IV and most likely D-V and D-VI as well. Jefferson would be slaughtered by Kirtland, Marion Local, South Range, Liberty Center, etc. JFK in D-VII would probably beat Jefferson as well because at least they can play defense.
I believe this is where you say…. That’s why they play the games. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog. Jefferson simply wanted it more. Many an inspired team has won the day. I’ve been saying since the first time I saw them week four that they are dangerous. Point made. I doubt they care about your opinion.

Shut up always has to be an trying to ruin a

what the hell is it with people like you what a miserable you must be to try and piss on a good night for these kids

what the hell is it with people like you what a miserable you must be to try and piss on a good night for these kids
He's mad that a team that almost beat Canfield just lost to Jefferson. It might take him a few weeks to find a way to explain it to himself. Congratulations to both teams. I hope you guys win it all.

It seems like WBs game plan since 2020 was to score so much the opponents can't keep up. Hey, it works for the most part so who can argue it. Even in a loss tonight they scored 7 touchdowns. I never played against west branch but have watched them since the 80s. One thing you could always count on for WB was a hard hitting defense that flew to the ball. They always had tough linebackers. This year they had a very good offensive line- great quarterback, very good and very young skilled players. It's incredible accomplishment to reach the regional finals 2 years in a row. If WB can get that defensive identity back they will be really good for a long time. The offense is really explosive and I think it will continue. I think Cooper had down a great job with the offense, now he needs to spend the off season figuring out the right scheme and get that identity back. If he does that I see wb making regular deep runs in the playoffs- scoring 7 touchdowns should get you a win normally

Hey I am not afraid to call it as it is, Jefferson is very fortunate to be a regional champion.
He's mad that a team that almost beat Canfield just lost to Jefferson. It might take him a few weeks to find a way to explain it to himself. Congratulations to both teams. I hope you guys win it all.
Canfield definitely did not play well most of the season, that is the facts, and Canfield is also fortunate that Chardon's offense really struggled this year compared to the last 2 years. Canfield didn't put it all together until week 12 against Aurora. Before that they were not special and rather pedestrian on both sides of the ball. I am not going to say Canfield was some spectacular team all season when that couldn't be further from the truth, as evidenced by their play early in the season compared to the last few weeks.

Jefferson has a talented QB/DB, but their opponent next week is on a different level, however I am willing to make a wager for all of you who are so inclined and disagree with Jefferson being fortunate to be a regional champion and disagree with the fact they are the worst regional champion in D-IV or higher...
The wager is...
if Jefferson wins against Glenville I won't post on here ever again, however if Glenville wins you guys don't post here ever again...

So I didn’t watch this game, did the quarterback for West branch get hurt or something? Someone said something about without deshields

So I didn’t watch this game, did the quarterback for West branch get hurt or something? Someone said something about without deshields
He didn't play on defense this game, he played every play on defense earlier in the season against Canfield I know.

Hey I am not afraid to call it as it is, Jefferson is very fortunate to be a regional champion.

Canfield definitely did not play well most of the season, that is the facts, and Canfield is also fortunate that Chardon's offense really struggled this year compared to the last 2 years. Canfield didn't put it all together until week 12 against Aurora. Before that they were not special and rather pedestrian on both sides of the ball. I am not going to say Canfield was some spectacular team all season when that couldn't be further from the truth, as evidenced by their play early in the season compared to the last few weeks.

Jefferson has a talented QB/DB, but their opponent next week is on a different level, however I am willing to make a wager for all of you who are so inclined and disagree with Jefferson being fortunate to be a regional champion and disagree with the fact they are the worst regional champion in D-IV or higher...
The wager is...
if Jefferson wins against Glenville I won't post on here ever again, however if Glenville wins you guys don't post here ever again...
Gee, that's such a bold challenge by you, considering that Glenville is probably a 25 point favorite, if now more.
No one out here is guaranteeing or even predicting a Jefferson win. Simply giving credit where credit is due. You know, feeling good for a group of teenagers who defied the odds to win a regional title. Showing some respect for a SMALL group of 15-18 year-olds who won four playoff games despite the fact that all the "experts" were saying it couldn't be done. On paper, Jefferson had no business winning tonight. But, they found a way to get it done. Regardless of your "expert" analysis of region 13, Jefferson is one of four DIV teams playing into the fifth week of the playoffs.

You repeatedly come across as such a disgruntled, angry old man. Try to enjoy life a bit. Try to not take the game of high school football too serious.

Gee, that's such a bold challenge by you, considering that Glenville is probably a 25 point favorite, if now more.
No one out here is guaranteeing or even predicting a Jefferson win. Simply giving credit where credit is due. You know, feeling good for a group of teenagers who defied the odds to win a regional title. Showing some respect for a SMALL............
You repeatedly come across as such a disgruntled, angry old man. Try to enjoy life a bit. Try to not take the game of high school football too serious.
I would give Jefferson credit if they deserved it, but in their case it is mostly attributed to good fortune or "luck" but there is a famous saying that sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. The other 3 teams that are still playing in D-IV are still playing because they are good, especially Jefferson's opponent, Jefferson is still playing because they caught a few lucky breaks and the region was not very strong. They played Girard without their QB, they played WB tonight who played without 2 or 3 players who normally played on defense. If Jefferson had to get through teams like Glenville, Van Wert, West Holmes et al to win a region then I would give them the credit they would be due for accomplishing such a feat. However, they didn't exactly play teams of that calliber to win the region.

I would give Jefferson credit if they deserved it, but in their case it is mostly attributed to good fortune or "luck" but there is a famous saying that sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. The other 3 teams that are still playing in D-IV are still playing because they are good, especially Jefferson's opponent, Jefferson is still playing because they caught a few lucky breaks and the region was not very strong. They played Girard without their QB, they played WB tonight who played without 2 or 3 players who normally played on defense. If Jefferson had to get through teams like Glenville, Van Wert, West Holmes et al to win a region then I would give them the credit they would be due for accomplishing such a feat. However, they didn't exactly play teams of that calliber to win the region.
You should have been telling everybody before the season started that it doesn't matter who wins this region because every team is terrible. It looks pretty sad on your part, after the season is over, taking jabs at the regional champs.

The wager is...
I’m not going to even try and figure out what motivates people like you to crap on a team like Jefferson on the night of such a big win. It’s a good story, you going to do the play by play for the next game, because that’s kind of special.