Weigh outs

tennman

I found out today that a kid my son lost to yesterday in the conso quarters weighed out 10+ lbs over SMH. Seems like a flawed system, he can't continue but what about the kids he wrestled while so heavy.

I found out today that a kid my son lost to yesterday in the conso quarters weighed out 10+ lbs over SMH. Seems like a flawed system, he can't continue but what about the kids he wrestled while so heavy.
1. They call him “Fatty” for a reason.
2. That wasn’t why your kid lost.

What I'm saying is flawed is the kid had no intention on making weight, they have their match one of them is controlling his weight because it's not weigh outs yet, the other one is 10 plus pounds heavy in a lighter weight class.

What I'm saying is flawed is the kid had no intention on making weight, they have their match one of them is controlling his weight because it's not weigh outs yet, the other one is 10 plus pounds heavy in a lighter weight class.
Ok. So? Everyone still has the same freedom and opportunity.

Not sure why you wouldn't have any intention to make weight because you'd exit the tournament after the next scale. Seems counterproductive. Feel like there is a lot of assumption here.

Ok. So? Everyone still has the same freedom and opportunity.

Not sure why you wouldn't have any intention to make weight because you'd exit the tournament after the next scale. Seems counterproductive. Feel like there is a lot of assumption here.
The wrestler got on the scale, and was 10+ over in a lighter weight class and said he already knew he wasn't going to be close then forfeited out (his words)

I don't think it's the right thing to do, but currently within the rules.

Maybe if you don't make weight, you forfeit your previous match and that opponent is drawn back in or something like that...

I guess there could be weigh outs each night. I'd keep it plus 2, then plus 3, then plus 4.

The wrestler got on the scale, and was 10+ over in a lighter weight class and said he already knew he wasn't going to be close then forfeited out (his words)
And what is your source for this information? Were you there? Did you see him get on the scales and what he weighed? Did you hear him say this?

i don’t understand how you guys are struggling to comprehend how this isn’t fair at all ?
What's not fair? Wrestler made weight for the day. Missed weight for next day. Eliminated from tournament for missed weight.

The guys he wrestled that day had the same exact rules to follow. Same exact opportunity to gain 10lbs if wanted. I see nothing that isn't equal or fair to the other guys.

I find it very odd why someone would decide to blatantly miss weight. There is information missing or a very pooe choice with zero guidance. If the latter, that's sad.

What's not fair? Wrestler made weight for the day. Missed weight for next day. Eliminated from tournament for missed weight.

The guys he wrestled that day had the same exact rules to follow. Same exact opportunity to gain 10lbs if wanted. I see nothing that isn't equal or fair to the other guys.

I find it very odd why someone would decide to blatantly miss weight. There is information missing or a very pooe choice with zero guidance. If the latter, that's sad.
Well, you can guide a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

I'm with you on this. I don't like what happened if true. I don't see a fairness issue still. Opportunity and consequences are the same for all.

I'm with you on this. I don't like what happened if true. I don't see a fairness issue still. Opportunity and consequences are the same for all.
Wrestler checked weight at weigh out time, was 10+ over, told multiple other wrestlers in his bracket Infront of plenty of people (wasn't being shy or quite about it) that he already knew he was way over. Forfeited his remaining matches, not sure the official reason he gave. I under everyone can be over, it's their choice, but if you're way over and wrestle anyway against kids that are being responsible with their weight doesn't seem right. Maybe a day 2 morning weigh in instead of later in the day.

If it wasn't the reason, then why are you complaining about it?
To be changed, I guess the same reason you get on every thread you don't agree with and complain/disagree.... what yappi's for.

My son lost by 5, may have not changed anything may have. Not sure if you wrestled or not but 10 lbs at a light weight is a big difference on top of that there is a big difference on how you feel if everyone is managing weight and one person isnt

I think if they miss they shouldn’t place, they just let them FF and get 8th, you should be out no placement if u don’t make weighout. That is how OAC handles it.

Wrestler checked weight at weigh out time, was 10+ over, told multiple other wrestlers in his bracket Infront of plenty of people (wasn't being shy or quite about it) that he already knew he was way over. Forfeited his remaining matches, not sure the official reason he gave. I under everyone can be over, it's their choice, but if you're way over and wrestle anyway against kids that are being responsible with their weight doesn't seem right. Maybe a day 2 morning weigh in instead of later in the day.
I agree it wasn't responsible by the kid and his coaches. Still fair to all.

I think if they miss they shouldn’t place, they just let them FF and get 8th, you should be out no placement if u don’t make weighout. That is how OAC handles it.
Why should he not place? he won the matches to earn his placement. He made weight day 1 like everyone else. It is no ones fault but his that he missed day 2, but completely fair that he chose to do so. Him being so heavy had no bearing on him making the podium so why should he be punished for having the same opportunity as everyone else. I agree it is kind of shady and crappy, however it is fair.

I don’t think that would change anything. The wrestler would just injury default out instead claiming a knee, shoulder, head, whatever injury.

Weigh outs should take place before the first session on the 2nd day.