Week12: #4 Austintown Fitch (10-1) vs #5 Akron St.V/St. Mary (7-3)

I am going to head down to A-town tomorrow and cheer on my Falcons. I am hoping that the defensive backs will come up and make plays at the line of scrimmage. If they do that, we have a chance to stop St. V's a few times. Then when we stop them, we have to score. I think we can do it, and if we can get some stops, that will lead to St. V's passing, and we are pretty good against the pass. This is a tough game. Both have a lot of really good players. It's going to be up to the team who wants it more. I hope it's the Falcons. On a last note, Go Falcons!
I think this is an excellent breakdown of what will make Fitch successful tonight.

The Irish's bread and butter for years and years has been a strong ground attack. Then they have mixed in enough dependable weapons in the passing game to keep teams from loading the box. This year's team is no different. They have size and speed on the outside for the quick strikes. They have the home run hitters in the backfield as well as a bruiser.

Having seen the Irish several times this year, I would conclude the weak link to the offense is the quarterback play. Some nights it is very good - others, it is a turnover festival. The inconsistency is what gets you beat in the playoffs.

So, if Fitch is successful in clogging the running lanes and turn the Irish into a one dimensional offense - it bodes well for their chances. But on the same point, all our backs need is a crack of daylight. And if Carter is "on" tonight - I like the Irish's chances.

Both teams are very talented. This could be an "instant classic". I hope for a clean hard fought game with no injuries - and may the best team win.

Interesting that this is the last game with existing home side stands. Anyone have any pictures or renderings of what the new stadium will look like?

I just read that on WKBN Fitch will be getting new home bleachers and tonight would be the last game. Does that mean Fitch will not be hosting any playoff games? With potential Canfield vs Ursuline and South Range vs Mooney next Friday I figured Fitch would be in line for one of them, likely Ursuline-Canfield with Boardman getting the other.

I just read that on WKBN Fitch will be getting new home bleachers and tonight would be the last game. Does that mean Fitch will not be hosting any playoff games? With potential Canfield vs Ursuline and South Range vs Mooney next Friday I figured Fitch would be in line for one of them, likely Ursuline-Canfield with Boardman getting the other.
They will not be hosting any games after tonight

I don’t think construction begins at the final whistle of tonight’s game? Lol. I haven’t heard they threw their hat in to host playoff games this year but I personally would guess the project would begin after track season, or that would be a mess for home meets. Just my guess.

Falcons laid an egg. No way they should be content to lose to that team. Played worst game if the year on the big stage. Need to get better in a hurry. Godbless Cam, but he couldn’t complete a pass to save his life and our receivers were head and shoulders above this team. Well happens without Deshawn and DJ. Unfortunately not a true indictment on the talent of this team. Anywho - good luck to Timmy Tyrell and pulling for Hoban to win state.

Falcons laid an egg. No way they should be content to lose to that team. Played worst game if the year on the big stage. Need to get better in a hurry. Godbless Cam, but he couldn’t complete a pass to save his life and our receivers were head and shoulders above this team. Well happens without Deshawn and DJ. Unfortunately not a true indictment on the talent of this team. Anywho - good luck to Timmy Tyrell and pulling for Hoban to win state.
I agree with a lot of what you say here. Let's face it, we gave this game away. Too many turnovers at very inopportune times. The ref bloking us on the one long touchdown didn't help. Plus, the guy was down at the one. I was proud of the way the Falcons played. They didn't quit and were tough in the trenches. I hope they continue to run this defense. The lineman were not getting pushed around like I tought they would. But they went to a four three and it workes a lot better. If Vaughn was playing, we probably beat them by three touchdowns. The one score they had was set up with a long pass. A Falcon was there, but he couldn't outduel the guy for the ball. If that was Vaughn, he picks it off, and it would have been Vaughn. There were some wide open receivers that Smith missed, and he gave up a crucial int. Also, I didn't like the onside kick to start the half. That gave them a short field and then we were battling to get out of having to go a long way to score. But we were stout on the line of scrimmage and did a pretty good job. I was proud of the players, and I am going to miss watching Smith, Fitzgerald, and James play. Good luck to you guys, and I hope to see James and Fitzgerald with a big Y on the side of their helmet. But looking forward, I am encouraged. I do think that next year's team will be the best Falcon team in a long time. We lose ther previously mentioned three, Eley, the center, and Knight; but we have three of the defensive line back, and most of the linebackers and DB's. We also have Vaughn and Williams back. We should be stacked next year.

Actually I forgot myself this year lol. Things being that bad for WGH. WGH actually stayed with Fitch in the first half. It was 24-14 at one point, then Fitch exploded on them, and won 59-28. With WGH getting a TD in the last minute.
Fitch was up 21-0 in the 1st quarter. Harding never quit, but it was never close either.

Congrats to the Falcons on a great season & good luck to SVSM moving forward.

Or Worms thoughts seeing Harding play both.
Never saw this, but I thought that Fitch was the better team coming in. More athletes across the board, but SVSM is bigger up front. From the looks of it, it seems like the Irish buckled down and made the Falcons grind for everything that they got.

Was hoping to see Fitch make a nice run in the playoffs. Unfortunately, the injury bug bit them hard at the end of the season, but that’s a part of the game. Great season nonetheless.

Never saw this, but I thought that Fitch was the better team coming in. More athletes across the board, but SVSM is bigger up front. From the looks of it, it seems like the Irish buckled down and made the Falcons grind for everything that they got.

Was hoping to see Fitch make a nice run in the playoffs. Unfortunately, the injury bug bit them hard at the end of the season, but that’s a part of the game. Great season nonetheless.
We made uncharacteristic mistakes. We seem to press when we play the big boys. We have to start thinking of ourselves as one of the big boys. The injuries really hurt. Smith did a good job, but imagine how much better our offense would have been with Vaughn at QB and Smith at receiver. We also really missed Smith's blocking downfield. I just hope that we keep running the defense we ran tonight. We controlled them most of the game, but gave up somd big plays at the end. I am really excited for next year to say the least.