Week 9: Elder (6-2) vs. Indianapolis Chatard (5-3)

If elder wins the next two games and moeller loses is there a possibility that elder could be the 1 seed? Based on schedule

It is mathematically possible.
Elder max points win out is 38.199 (min win out is 29.4876)
Moeller max points LOSE out is 37.957 (min lose out is 31.0753)
Lakota West max win out is 35.9 (min win out is 34.9)

#1 seed for Elder a lot would need to happen that is not likely, but it is possible. Elder needs to win last 2 games and the teams they beat need to win most of their games. Moeller needs to lose out and have some of the teams they beat lose. Of course Elder/Moeller have common teams they beat so some is a wash.

I think it will play out #1 Moeller, #2 Elder, #3 Lakota West. #4/5 is pretty tight between Princeton and Springboro. #6/7 is pretty tight between Milford/Fairfield.

Mason has a chance to shake things up if they upset Fairfield week 9 and Princeton week 10.

Ignatius > Roncalli

I don't care what the polls say, that team is not top 50 in the country. That's laughable. That doesn't mean it wasn't a quality win, it was.

Eleven warrior article on Arnold:
I hate OSU, but good for him. You’ve got to be the elite of the elite just to draw interest from a program like OSU.

I’m a big fan of Maddox. I hope he gets the chance to play for a school like Ohio State but it’s going to take significant improvement. The good news is that he has two+ years to get to a level that only the best of the best can attain! Altiora!

I’m a big fan of Maddox. I hope he gets the chance to play for a school like Ohio State but it’s going to take significant improvement. The good news is that he has two+ years to get to a level that only the best of the best can attain! Altiora!
Agree. Maddox is by far not our best linebacker right now. Two years should make a big difference.

He's a sophomore starting Varsity and was playing through injury. He has a ton of upside as evidenced by the recruiting attention. Another year of growth and development and he should have a big year these next 2 seasons.

Elder is back in the AP State Top 10.

1. Moeller (16)
2. Lakewood St. Edward (1)
3. Lakota West (1)
4. Springfield (1)
5. Dublin Jerome
6. Elder
7. Princeton
(tie) Cleveland Heights
9. Gahanna Lincoln
10. Medina

Others receiving 12 or more points: Perrysburg 38. Centerville 37.

Maddox is only a soph playing with one of our better LB groups E has had. Voelkerding, Hoernschmeyer and Dugan might not get P5 interest but they are all studs. It’s hard to believe Voelkerding is technically a 1 year starter (although he’s been dressing since a sophomore)

Maddox is only a soph playing with one of our better LB groups E has had. Voelkerding, Hoernschmeyer and Dugan might not get P5 interest but they are all studs. It’s hard to believe Voelkerding is technically a 1 year starter (although he’s been dressing since a sophomore)

Yes, the LB group going into the season was expected to be very good. The only game they have been able to play together as a unit is game 1 vs. Cov Cath. Hoerenschmeyer(returning starter) was injured against CC and just recently got back vs. Moeller. In the same game(Moeller), Arnold had to miss the 2nd half due to injury and didn't play last week.

I believe Voelkerding was behind Spinney and Dugan on the inside last year. He certainly was capable of getting on the field somewhere last season. That was last year though. Got to forget that and focus on winning these last 2 weeks.

Yes, the LB group going into the season was expected to be very good. The only game they have been able to play together as a unit is game 1 vs. Cov Cath. Hoerenschmeyer(returning starter) was injured against CC and just recently got back vs. Moeller. In the same game(Moeller), Arnold had to miss the 2nd half due to injury and didn't play last week.

I believe Voelkerding was behind Spinney and Dugan on the inside last year. He certainly was capable of getting on the field somewhere last season. That was last year though. Got to forget that and focus on winning these last 2 weeks.
Correct. It’s easy to overlook these final 2 games, but they won’t be gimmes. Elder did catch a break last week with Roncalli not having much of a passing game, but Chatard can sling it. Moorman is still probably going to be out this week, so Elder’s Secondary will be tested.

Type this into Youtube and you can watch last weeks Chatard game. For some reason it won't let the link work directly.

Terre Haute North vs #5 Bishop Chatard IHSAA Football​

Agree. Maddox is by far not our best linebacker right now. Two years should make a big difference
We have 5 good LB lead by tye 2 seniors and a junior. Paff is the other one that really stepped up with his versatility when we needed it to cover injuries. The rest of the guys are learning and will get better for sure.

D has done a good job adjusting after the 1st drive, but Chatard is going to keep attacking the soft Corners for 4-5 yards a pop.

I felt it was the only call after the blocked punt
I understand that rationale. My thinking is the odds of getting a 2nd punt blocked are pretty low. And I feel better making their QB go 80+ yards in 40 secs w/ 0 TOs than 60 yards.

Kind of surprised they didn't go for it on 4th and 1 with 3:30 to go on the plus side of the 50, but then did go for it on that final drive. Nice work by the guys up front getting the push to close it out.

I understand that rationale. My thinking is the odds of getting a 2nd punt blocked are pretty low. And I feel better making their QB go 80+ yards in 40 secs w/ 0 TOs than 60 yards.
But you were spot on. Best qb we played against so far this year. Did not feel good giving him the ball anywhere