Week 9 (8-0) Milton-Union @ (6-1) Dayton Northridge

Maybe, but itโ€™s my alma mater and weโ€™ve been down for a long time.
Itโ€™s ok. I like that you support your alma mater. Class!
Ridge is still the team with the largest defeat over Milton in our history. It was back in the early 50s, but, still the largest win margin.
Northridge used to throw rocks at our busses when I was in high school. I guess trying to intimidate us. It just pissed us off. There are many terrific people from Northridge and one of our best players is the product of two Northridge grads.
I hope for a clean, injury-free game.

I
Maybe, but itโ€™s my alma mater and weโ€™ve been down for a long time.
I'm also from the ridge, my wife is from the ridge, my 35 year class reunion is in the parking lot at the ridge tomorrow night, crazy that after 35 years, its on the night my youngest will play for a league title against my Alma Mater and all my classmates will be there lol. A week when legendary coach, Butch McPherson passed away. I will be wearing my #19 attire with the big ol Bulldog on the front though. wishing nothing but the best for those young Polar bears and even in a weak league, it's awesome that Northridge has had something to be proud of, has garnered a little respect, it's not easy there and has been so bad for so long. So cheers to the bears, stay healthy and good luck in the playoffs, but the Dogs will not be denied in this one.

I

I'm also from the ridge, my wife is from the ridge, my 35 year class reunion is in the parking lot at the ridge tomorrow night, crazy that after 35 years, its on the night my youngest will play for a league title against my Alma Mater and all my classmates will be there lol. A week when legendary coach, Butch McPherson passed away. I will be wearing my #19 attire with the big ol Bulldog on the front though. wishing nothing but the best for those young Polar bears and even in a weak league, it's awesome that Northridge has had something to be proud of, has garnered a little respect, it's not easy there and has been so bad for so long. So cheers to the bears, stay healthy and good luck in the playoffs, but the Dogs will not be denied in this one.
1989 Northridge Alum. I talk to my boys about coach McPherson very often. I really wish they had the opportunity to play for a coach like Mack. Actually considered having my son (2023 QB at Pickerington Central) transfer over to Northridge for his senior season once I heard they were going to have a decent team. My son wasnโ€™t having it. In hindsight, I guess the jump from Pick Central to Northridge was a bit much but it would have been fun to watch. ๐Ÿ˜‚

1989 Northridge Alum. I talk to my boys about coach McPherson very often. I really wish they had the opportunity to play for a coach like Mack. Actually considered having my son (2023 QB at Pickerington Central) transfer over to Northridge for his senior season once I heard they were going to have a decent team. My son wasnโ€™t having it. In hindsight, I guess the jump from Pick Central to Northridge was a bit much but it would have been fun to watch. ๐Ÿ˜‚
I was class of 87, my sister in law was 89 my wife was 90. mid 80's at the ridge was different. Hot Rod Howard was a man amongst boys, Donnie Allen at Qb, Kenny and Devron Dorsey, Donnie Hucthison Tony Chanmbers, Jeff law. Alot of talent and to many to list.

I was class of 87, my sister in law was 89 my wife was 90. mid 80's at the ridge was different. Hot Rod Howard was a man amongst boys, Donnie Allen at Qb, Kenny and Devron Dorsey, Donnie Hucthison Tony Chanmbers, Jeff law. Alot of talent and to many to list.
Wouldโ€™ve been a good time for The Ridge to knock off MU. From 84-89 they didnโ€™t have a winning season. 80-83 they were really good. Won 2 league titles and finished undefeated in 82. We left in 82 for the SRC. I remember those good Northridge teams in the mid 80s. We only beat them 21-12 in 81. They were good that year too.

Milton will win. I am curious to see if Northridge is ready to play. They have a legitimate shot at a co-league championship if they pull off the upset, I donโ€™t think they do it, but they have something to play for. I see MU getting up early and scoring often after the Ridge gets down. Milton wins 49-12.

14 points off, but Bless โ€˜Emโ€™ called it, the Dogs pitched a shut out and scored at will! Although we already knew this, Milton is primed to give the TRC our best playoff run. Hope the Pirates can keep it competitive this week, but thatโ€™s more like high hopes and low expectationsโ€ฆ

14 points off, but Bless โ€˜Emโ€™ called it, the Dogs pitched a shut out and scored at will! Although we already knew this, Milton is primed to give the TRC our best playoff run. Hope the Pirates can keep it competitive this week, but thatโ€™s more like high hopes and low expectationsโ€ฆ
I wouldnโ€™t write off the Pirates just yet. My opinion is biased, of course. Riverside will be the best team Milton has faced since Valley View, in my opinion.
If Milton comes out and plays to their potential it will be over early. But I know Riverside will be a tough customer.

I

I just read the DDN article about Coach McPherson. We need more mentors like Him for our kids and grandkids.