Week 7: LaSalle

It happened in 2014 & 2015

In 2010, LaSalle defeated St. X during the season, but X took them in the playoffs. QB, Max James started the playoff game with a 40-yard keeper. Dolle quickly took over and won it. In 2008, with our backup QB, LaSalle beat us by 3.

Didn't they beat us in '13, too? I think that I was in town for that game on account of the Reds (miserable) playoff game against Philly.

I really question the play calls of the second half tonight. Seemed like we were trying to end possessions as quick as we could.

It's always a shame when you lose a game and don't make the other teams offense beat you.....Not sure why we threw a sideline pass up 4 with 4 minutes left to play but hey defense continues to bring it and give the Lancers credit for finding a way.

It's always a shame when you lose a game and don't make the other teams offense beat you.....Not sure why we threw a sideline pass up 4 with 4 minutes left to play but hey defense continues to bring it and give the Lancers credit for finding a way.

Defense took a major hit when Pete Rumpke was sidelined for good with a concussion just 5 minutes into the game on punt return. The Lancer special teams was penalized 15 yards for helmet to helmet targeting. Why wasn't the player ejected?

Defense took a major hit when Pete Rumpke was sidelined for good with a concussion just 5 minutes into the game on punt return. The Lancer special teams was penalized 15 yards for helmet to helmet targeting. Why wasn't the player ejected?

I didnt know that...got to the game a little later than that incident. Hope he is ok.

The rule is based on intent. In the Elder v Moe game, Moe got flagged for 2 PFs for helmet to helmet, but they weren't intentional. It would have been wrong to boot them.

I really question the play calls of the second half tonight. Seemed like we were trying to end possessions as quick as we could.

I was expecting a 2nd half offensive explosion following half time adjustments.
Losing Earley in the 3rd quarter took some starch out of the running game.
Just rewatched the game online and counted the number of missed open receivers, avoidable sacks and overthrows.
On the rewatch I had a wall to bang my head against.

Very typical response from ReLoad, excuse making 101. Sounds like X had the game won, run the ball and punt the football. Make LS drive the ball and score on your D. Tip your cap to the DB for making the play and salute the Lancers on a well fought win.

Lot of Harbins left on the board for the Bombers. A win against Warren Central or St Ignatius will get them a home game, a win against both should clinch them the #2 seed.

Very typical response from ReLoad, excuse making 101. Sounds like X had the game won, run the ball and punt the football. Make LS drive the ball and score on your D. Tip your cap to the DB for making the play and salute the Lancers on a well fought win.

Lot of Harbins left on the board for the Bombers. A win against Warren Central or St Ignatius will get them a home game, a win against both should clinch them the #2 seed.

No doubt it made no sense. If there is anyone in Cincinnati who doesn't take that chance it's Steve Specht 99 out of 100 times. Up four with 4 minutes to go and it takes a TD to beat you. Really odd strategy in that situation.

Just rewatched the game online and counted the number of missed open receivers, avoidable sacks and overthrows.

How many was it? I was the thinking the same thing... Just wondering why we don't use Wolf more.

I watched the 2nd half last night.

So many missed opportunities for X on offense.

QB did not play well and missed quite a few open receivers and those he found often dropped the ball. I was also surprised X could not stop #19 and the rest of LaSalles undersized defense. Not the same team that rolled Elder.

That undersized defense held Colerain to 6 points. That may have been a little bit of a reason they didn't resemble the same team that played the purple team.

Didn't they beat us in '13, too? I think that I was in town for that game on account of the Reds (miserable) playoff game against Philly.

I thought the Reds lost to San Francisco in 2013, thanks to Brandon Phillips flapping his gums too much and getting picked off, right before a base clearing double that would have won the series. Instead, they tied and lost in extra innings. SF eventually won the World Series.

And yes, LaSalle also beat us in 2013, one of our more mediocre seasons.

Agreed! I have no idea what Specht thinks but Wolf should see more PT.

He probably thinks he needs to get his Penn State recruit as much playing time to get ready for the next level. However, Wolf is more than capable of leading X to a win. Wolf and company almost beat Colerain. That's a feat in itself for a backup.

Also, Congrats LaSalle on a hard fought win and a guaranteed GCL title. Now X can only pray Elder can play spoiler, like they have, and make it a 3-way tie.

I thought the Reds lost to San Francisco in 2013, thanks to Brandon Phillips flapping his gums too much and getting picked off, right before a base clearing double that would have won the series. Instead, they tied and lost in extra innings. SF eventually won the World Series.

And yes, LaSalle also beat us in 2013, one of our more mediocre seasons.

The World Series in 2013 was between the Boston Red Sox and the St. Louis Cardinals, with Boston winning the series in six games. You may be thinking of 2012 on the baseball front.

On 10/11/2013, the St. Xavier Bombers beat LaSalle 24-16 at Ballaban Field. I don't know what you are thinking of on the HS football front, as St. X defeated LaSalle on 10/5/2012 by a score of 31-14. That was not a good year for St. X, as they finished 5-6 with a first round exit from the playoffs courtesy of Colerain, but at least they were able to beat the Lancers, who only compiled a record of 4-6 that year.

The World Series in 2013 was between the Boston Red Sox and the St. Louis Cardinals, with Boston winning the series in six games. You may be thinking of 2012 on the baseball front.

On 10/11/2013, the St. Xavier Bombers beat LaSalle 24-16 at Ballaban Field. I don't know what you are thinking of on the HS football front, as St. X defeated LaSalle on 10/5/2012 by a score of 31-14. That was not a good year for St. X, as they finished 5-6 with a first round exit from the playoffs courtesy of Colerain, but at least they were able to beat the Lancers, who only compiled a record of 4-6 that year.

I was simply going off what BigPun said. I wasn't for sure if he was right or not. I thought it had been 6 years but wasn't positive.

We just flat out didn't execute ...plenty of opportunities...disappointing in the sense that I thought we had turned this corner.