Week 6: Elder

ReLoad

The well rested Bombers (3-1) return to the friendly confines of RDI stadium next Friday to face the Elder Panthers (2-2)

X will be heavy underdogs as the Panthers proved they are the 2nd best team in the state by taking the transfer heavy St. Ed Eagles down to the wire last Saturday

This will be the 106th meeting between the 2 teams

Elder leads the series 54-45-6 which began in 1923

Specht vs Ramsey head to head since 2004 has St. X with a 16-8 advantage

I'm hoping for a good game all the way through. There hasn't be a competitive Elder-X game since the pre covid era 2019 playoff classic. I can still remember thinking Elder was done and Luebbe sprinting past the entire X defense for the winning td leaving X fans in the stands quiet and stunned. First, we have to take care of that other X down south.

I will be rooting for X over Moe tonight, and I hope it's not close.

Elder-X should be a good one this year. Just hope the Bombers can keep everyone healthy for Elder while taking care of business tonight. Gonna need all hands on deck!

The well rested Bombers (3-1) return to the friendly confines of RDI stadium next Friday to face the Elder Panthers (2-2)

X will be heavy underdogs as the Panthers proved they are the 2nd best team in the state by taking the transfer heavy St. Ed Eagles down to the wire last Saturday

This will be the 106th meeting between the 2 teams never saw

Elder leads the series 54-45-6 which began in 1923

Specht vs Ramsey head to head since 2004 has St. X with a 16-8 advantage

Didn't they play Moeller in week 5? I never saw the final score?

Wonder if this will be the week Coverdale figures out how to extricate his head from his backside. Honestly this is looking like the most poorly coached X team in a long time. Too many players running on and off, dumb penalties, late subs, etc. The decision to not accept the holding penalty the Moe converted on 4th down was absolutely baffling- everyone watching knew they would go on 4th.

Kudos to Moe for getting the job done, and taking advantage of the mistakes.

That was a self-inflicted loss by St X. Defense continues to look solid. They held Moe to 13 points. The turnovers were killer to an already struggling offense.

They need a qb, herbstreit isn't it.
Didn't help that there were at least 3 drops, including a TD, and Moe could pretty much sell out blitz in Q4. The throwing the deep ball every fourth play needs to stp, but that's play calling in a lot of ways. They had success in the flats, middle, and underneath all year. The wr screen.... ughghhh

If X can figure out how to slow Elder's running game, which no one has done, they can win. Specht has shown the ability to do that in the past (although not lately). The problem defending Elder's offense, is that they are outstanding at taking what the defense gives them. They are not explosive, but they are ultra-efficient in both the passing and running game.

They will literally bleed you to death in the passing game if you let them. Whatever Ramsey does to hold this upper hand is brilliant, because their schemes are so hard to defend.

With X struggling on offense, I think Elder takes this one.

Didn't help that there were at least 3 drops, including a TD, and Moe could pretty much sell out blitz in Q4. The throwing the deep ball every fourth play needs to stp, but that's play calling in a lot of ways. They had success in the flats, middle, and underneath all year. The wr screen.... ughghhh
The play calling is so suspect. Like the lone td pass was almost incomplete. Luckily Napier has nice hands, but he lobbed that ball to the heavens. Which I guess they have no confidence in their o line and “big back” that they couldn’t punch it in or qb sneak it from the one. Also it seems like qb7 locks on to certain people and doesn’t look anywhere else.

He has been on the field a taken a number of snaps, unfortunately his bobbled snap led to the first Moeller TD. I have to suspect he doesn't have command of the offense at this point.

StX Offense does not look good.
Thanks. I really thought after seeing him play last year, albeit one game, he’d be in the running this season on varsity for X. But I also get that it’s not that easy.

He has been on the field a taken a number of snaps, unfortunately his bobbled snap led to the first Moeller TD. I have to suspect he doesn't have command of the offense at this point.

StX Offense does not look good.
Yeah I think herbstreit having taken over last year has better command of Offense.

The play calling is so suspect. Like the lone td pass was almost incomplete. Luckily Napier has nice hands, but he lobbed that ball to the heavens. Which I guess they have no confidence in their o line and “big back” that they couldn’t punch it in or qb sneak it from the one. Also it seems like qb7 locks on to certain people and doesn’t look anywhere else.
Those of us watching the St. X student broadcast wouldn't know (about the degree of difficulty on X's lone td pass)-- because the cameraman didn't bother to follow the ball in the air to the corner-- so the catch/TD happened out of the picture, off screen....

Thanks. I really thought after seeing him play last year, albeit one game, he’d be in the running this season on varsity for X. But I also get that it’s not that easy.
He IS in the running on varsity for X-- that's ALL he does-- any time he comes in at QB, everybody in the stadium knows it's a QB keeper-- ironically, he actually looked like he was entertaining thoughts of throwing it on his one QB snap Friday night-- unfortunately, he fumbled the snap, picked it up-- then fumbled again, when he tried to run--directly resulting in Moeller's first TD on the fumble return.

Reload: No Moe thread ?

P.S. Go Bombers !!!
Specht told me twice that they were not playing a GCL game during the regular season in Dayton

He saved me from seeing the usual…..
Evil empire fans and players destroying a stadium and parking lot that they don’t own, personal fouls and/or the intent to injure Bomber players, grade school kids wearing Evil Empire shirts dropping the F bomb and a disturbing number of Moe mom’s with mustaches.

Sunday night Bomber trivia:

Q: In the 105 games played how many times have the Bombers shutout the Panthers?

A: 12 times
1923 X won 20-0 Week 6 at Corcoran Field
1924 X won 7-0 Week 6 at Elder Stadium
1926 X won 19-0 Week 7 at Elder Stadium
1938 X won 13-0 Week 4 at Elder Stadium
1939 X won 6-0 Week 7 at Corcoran Field
1943 X won 7-0 Week 6 at Elder Stadium
1944 X won 6-0 Week 5 at XU
1946 X won 18-0 Week 6 at XU
1968 X won 8-0 Week 3 at Elder Stadium
1994 X won 14-0 Week 6 at Elder Stadium
1997 X won 17-0 Week 6 at Ballaban Stadium