Week 6 Bishop Hartley (4-1) @ Bishop Watterson (5-0)

Both teams have looked outstanding and will create noise in their respective divisions. Hartleys offense has looked good the last 2 games but against subpar teams. Defensively is where I think hartley will thrive. Linebackers and the Defense line have looked very impressive all year.The secondary will need to step up this week as i was very impressed with Watterson’s passing game. Wattersons defense, led by Purcell, also looks very solid. But in the end I have to take my hawks in a low scoring game.

I do think this will be lower scoring game. Hartley is going to find it difficult to run I truly believe. Chardon was bigger and more complex running game and watty shut it down. Can Hartley pass? Even if so, we owned Tiffin and its D1 QB who was legit. I know Hartley has a solid Soph RB with speed so watty wild need to keep getting to edge as we have all year.

On offense for Watty, they have got to lead with the pass. Running game up the middle struggled mightily against Chardon and those who know, know Hartley has a really good front 7. Watterson was without #8 last week who had been leading receiver but #22 stepped up and had game of his HS life along with solid help from #5. Watty deeper at WR which is helpful and TE.

I see a close one and Watty pulls out victory 17-10

I do think this will be lower scoring game. Hartley is going to find it difficult to run I truly believe. Chardon was bigger and more complex running game and watty shut it down. Can Hartley pass? Even if so, we owned Tiffin and its D1 QB who was legit. I know Hartley has a solid Soph RB with speed so watty wild need to keep getting to edge as we have all year.

On offense for Watty, they have got to lead with the pass. Running game up the middle struggled mightily against Chardon and those who know, know Hartley has a really good front 7. Watterson was without #8 last week who had been leading receiver but #22 stepped up and had game of his HS life along with solid help from #5. Watty deeper at WR which is helpful and TE.

I see a close one and Watty pulls out victory 17-10
Even though I am an avid Hartley fan....I have to agree with 17-10.....BW.....

I expect Watterson to struggle with ethnic diversity again, lol.
Here we go again with this crap. C'mon man. Are Japan and South Korea racist countries for not being "diverse"? Is the NBA racist for not having exactly 58% "white guys' in it like the country demographic? Furthermore, is it sexist to not have 52% females on the court?

You had been doing so well until now,. Sad to see you slide back like a meth addict that found his way back to skid row.

Last edited:
Here we go again with this crap. C'mon man. Are Japan and South Korea racist countries for not being "diverse"? Is the NBA racist for not having exactly 58% "white guys' in it like the country demographic? Furthermore, is it sexist to not have 52% females on the court?

You had been doing so well until now,. Sad to see you slide back like a meth addict that found his way back to skid row.
Agreed........let's stick to football and not political nonsense.........still think it will be BW 17- BH 10

If Hartley can cover the Watterson receivers, they have a good chance to win the game. If they can't, it could be a long night. Hartley's defense is pretty good at stopping the run. I was at the Watterson vs. Chardon game last week. Chardon was much bigger than Hartley, but Hartley has better overall team speed than Chardon. These teams know each other very well. This is a CCL rivalry game so it should be a good game. I am not predicting a score. I just want a good clean game.

If Hartley can cover the Watterson receivers, they have a good chance to win the game. If they can't, it could be a long night. Hartley's defense is pretty good at stopping the run. I was at the Watterson vs. Chardon game last week. Chardon was much bigger than Hartley, but Hartley has better overall team speed than Chardon. These teams know each other very well. This is a CCL rivalry game so it should be a good game. I am not predicting a score. I just want a good clean game.
Chardons defensive speed is what kept them in that game against BW. If Hartley is truly quicker, they've got a good shot at winning. If not it may be a long night for them.

Watterson 42-13
I would be shocked (in a very happy way) if Watterson scores over 21 points. Hartley Def is good and Watty offense has been "ok". If I had to put money down, I would guess watty has a better shot of shutting Hartley out from points with their Def then scoring over 3 TDS. I guess I'm saying in best case scenario, i could see 17-0 before I would ever guess 42-13.

Give me Wooderson in this one
Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

I've been impressed with the progress that Kennedy has made with the program. Strength and conditioning is a big step up from a few years back. Hartley will be strong, fast, and aggressive everywhere. Weakness is against decent passing teams throwing in the middle and wheel routes. And mobile and quick QBs.

Watterson QB McAninch was a total stud who just shredded the Hartley pass defense. Receiver #8 was a serious baller who used his height advantage to great effect. The one TD reception was highlight film worthy. Perfect pass from QB. Kudos to the Eagles who are clearly the top CCL team this season.

Watterson was just the better team tonight. Hartley played bad but even if they played well i don’t think they would’ve been able to win. Hartley looked undisciplined while watterson looked the opposite. Watterson could throw the ball at will and dominated on defense.

Watterson was just the better team tonight. Hartley played bad but even if they played well i don’t think they would’ve been able to win. Hartley looked undisciplined while watterson looked the opposite. Watterson could throw the ball at will and dominated on defense.
Let's be honest, "undisciplined" can sometimes be construed as having an ugly connotation especially when the demographics of one team is rich country club prep kids and the other team has a lot of players who might have otherwise gone to city schools. Hartley was fine. The sophomore QB had the jitters in his first high pressure CCL rivalry game and dropped the ball about 8 times. He'll do better in time. He has good natural skills that ought to be clearer next season. The rest of the team executed very well and in a disciplined fashion. Watterson has an advantage of 100 more boys in the school and played like it in a way that they didn't between 2013 and 2022. Kennedy has done a fabulous job of turning the program around from the soft entitled kids of the last decade into hard-nosed, physical players.

Let's be honest, "undisciplined" can sometimes be construed as having an ugly connotation especially when the demographics of one team is rich country club prep kids and the other team has a lot of players who might have otherwise gone to city schools. Hartley was fine. The sophomore QB had the jitters in his first high pressure CCL rivalry game and dropped the ball about 8 times. He'll do better in time. He has good natural skills that ought to be clearer next season. The rest of the team executed very well and in a disciplined fashion. Watterson has an advantage of 100 more boys in the school and played like it in a way that they didn't between 2013 and 2022. Kennedy has done a fabulous job of turning the program around from the soft entitled kids of the last decade into hard-nosed, physical players.
Good Night Irene. You had A classy post earlier Now the Old English 800 starting to
Kick In.
Watterson is 31 &14 Lifetime against The Hartley’s.
2022 was a pretty good year @ BWHS. We Beat Zettler Rd & Karl Rd.
No Country Clubs up at Cooke & High. Just a Bunch of Kids
that have worked their tails off and have a pretty good TEAM.
Go Herd
Beat
Va Tech