Week 5: Austintown Fitch (4-0) vs Cleveland Benedictine (2-2).

Great win for the Falcons. Getting ahead early was huge IMO. This was the effort I expected last week but hey,I'll take a week late. Benedictine has their issues, but they are still a team that went toe to toe with Hoban, and gave Massillon all they wanted for most of the game. On to Big Red!

Look out Hoban here comes Fitch.
Would love to see Hoban/Fitch in the playoffs, some interesting Ytown/Austintown connections. Score tonight was surprising, but not the outcome. Off two emotional games with Hoban & Massillon, Benny was ripe for the picking. If you're only beating Chaney by 7 & Harding by 4, Hoban is not likely a matchup that will go well for you. But who knows in 2020.

Fitch hasn’t beaten a winning record team in a few years. Hold on people! Easy!!! O line is horrible and their run defense is garbage! Hope they do meet up with Hoban! Lions, tigers, and bears Oh my!!

Fitch played two mediocre games against two good teams in Harding and Chaney after two dominating games against two good teams in Ursuline and Boardman. Tonight they looked like the team who played Ursuline and Boardman. Can they beat Massillon or Hoban? It's tough to say. A couple of key guys got banged up tonight. The lineman Long and the running back James. Hopefully they are OK and will be fine for next week or definitely for the playoffs. But when you have the skill position players Fitch has and the defensive backfield they have, it's going to be tough to beat them because those players are going to make plays. They are going to score points. Fitch is just going to have to keep the other teams from scoring. Massillon I think is the best team in Northeast Ohio. I know what Hoban did to Ed's, but Massillon should have done the same thing. Hoban is obviously really good. To beat those teams, it will be a very tall task. But I do think we have some of the talent to do it. The lines will have to pay better against Massillon and Hoban, but Fitch's linebackers are great. I'd expect to see them coming on more blitzes and giving pressure up the middle. But I'm not going to worry about those games. I will enjoy this game tonight and hope that we can beat Steubenville.

Benedictine looks like crap. Coaches needed to make changes and clearly they didn’t. Team has no discipline, no leadership. What a waste of talent. Benny should be ashamed of themselves.

Fitch played two mediocre games against two good teams in Harding and Chaney after two dominating games against two good teams in Ursuline and Boardman. Tonight they looked like the team who played Ursuline and Boardman. Can they beat Massillon or Hoban? It's tough to say. A couple of key guys got banged up tonight. The lineman Long and the running back James. Hopefully they are OK and will be fine for next week or definitely for the playoffs. But when you have the skill position players Fitch has and the defensive backfield they have, it's going to be tough to beat them because those players are going to make plays. They are going to score points. Fitch is just going to have to keep the other teams from scoring. Massillon I think is the best team in Northeast Ohio. I know what Hoban did to Ed's, but Massillon should have done the same thing. Hoban is obviously really good. To beat those teams, it will be a very tall task. But I do think we have some of the talent to do it. The lines will have to pay better against Massillon and Hoban, but Fitch's linebackers are great. I'd expect to see them coming on more blitzes and giving pressure up the middle. But I'm not going to worry about those games. I will enjoy this game tonight and hope that we can beat Steubenville.
I don't know if Fitch could beat Massillon right now, but I do think they could play with them and after hanging around....possibly pull the upset. I feel that if Massillon can figure out this mysterious thing everyone else calls an....offense? Then who knows. Either way....happy for fitch.

Oh goodness.........I was just told that the announcer is the Head Coach's brother.

I knew he was a Goode, but didn't know he was a brother. He was actually criticizing some of the coaching, so I'll give him some credit for that. But he's terrible overall!

Despite the unfortunate decision to call for one player to hurt another, the Goodes have been a great family for Benedictine, not only on the field, but by all accounts as good citizens. That said, he still should be removed from the announcing booth.

Go Bengals!