Week 4: Kettering Fairmont (3-0) @ Northmont (3-0)

This is usually a tight game...Northmont can score very quickly which is always an advantage playing a team that always wins TOP. I think it is a 1 score game and I'll take the Bolts.

Based solely on who they've played and who they've beaten and by how much, N'mont looks like a tough out. Possibly the most improved team in the conference.

Last edited:
Not sure on what Davidson has this season but looks like Fairmont has played the tougher teams with Alter and Lasalle. Northmont quick strike offense should help them
Davidson was 7-4 last year and was supposed to be good. That said, it appears maybe they're not. I really like Fairmont's physical style, but N'mont looks to be playing some aggressive defense. Defense will determine this game. Should be close. Edge to N'mont at home...

A definite contrast in offensive styles! I don't think Fairmont's 4 yard n a cloud of dust, 8 minute possessions can keep up with Northmont's quick strike offense, my early prediction, Northmont 24 Fairmont 17

I think that Northmont is untested at this point...Davidson looked like an easy W and the other 2 games were not competitive. The GWOC opener should give us a clue to the strength of both of these squads. Should be a good one to watch in Clayton on Friday night!

Both of these teams look to have quality teams. I do like Fairmont's ability to control the clock with methodical drives. If they can make this a lower scoring game, I like their chances. If Northmont gets loose and scores quick early, they could put Fairmont in a poor position. But heading into Week 4, no one has been able to do that to Fairmont yet.

Northmont totally exposed Fairmont. As usual, Fairmont ran the ball nearly every down, even after being down 28-0 at the half and with no urgency to get to the line of scrimmage to even attempt a comeback. They will never be a serious contender to win the league until they change up their offense.

Northmont totally exposed Fairmont. As usual, Fairmont ran the ball nearly every down, even after being down 28-0 at the half and with no urgency to get to the line of scrimmage to even attempt a comeback. They will never be a serious contender to win the league until they change up their offense.
Funny.

See I don't agree with this take...I have watched Fairmont grind the ball all game and force the opposing offense to go mistake free. Fairmont in turn has to score on every 7+ minute possession.

Bolts offense is as good as I hoped and the defense is very good as well. They are the whole package and it will be an interesting rest of the GWOC schedule with plenty of tough games ahead.

Bolts offense is as good as I hoped and the defense is very good as well. They are the whole package and it will be an interesting rest of the GWOC schedule with plenty of tough games ahead.
That qb took a huge step forward this year. He is legit. Defense is fast. Will be interesting to see how they improve as the season moves on

Everyone called me a troll week 1 when I said Miller needs to go. So again I’ll say it. Miller needs to go. Fairmont will go 6-4 or worse 5-5. They will never be a serious contender in the GWOC with this coach. Down 21 points and you still refuse to throw and let the clock run down to 2 seconds before you snap. If everyone is good with 6-4 and first round exit every year, we’ll you got your guy. Triple offense doesn’t work D1! How many years do we need to see that before Fairmont makes a move. Miller should take his boring outdated triple offense and go to some D3 school where I’m sure he would be great. FIRE MILLER PLEASE!!!!!

The problem is mediocrity is a success for Fairmont football when you were abysmal for so long. Heck,just beating Alter every year would likely be considered a successful season.

La Salle must suck this year.

Everyone called me a troll week 1 when I said Miller needs to go. So again I’ll say it. Miller needs to go. Fairmont will go 6-4 or worse 5-5. They will never be a serious contender in the GWOC with this coach. Down 21 points and you still refuse to throw and let the clock run down to 2 seconds before you snap. If everyone is good with 6-4 and first round exit every year, we’ll you got your guy. Triple offense doesn’t work D1! How many years do we need to see that before Fairmont makes a move. Miller should take his boring outdated triple offense and go to some D3 school where I’m sure he would be great. FIRE MILLER PLEASE!!!!!
So fairmont can go 6-4 with Miller or 2-8 with anyone else like they did before he got there. Fairmonts not going to beat Springfield or Wayne don’t matter who is the coach. You need to know your limits and be happy you have winning records most years with Miller.

I agree with some of this after watching last nights game, why let the clock run down like that. His clock management has always need terrible. Also you need to score kick a field goal instead of that one pass play on 4th down. I doubt their oline even knows how to pass block.

So fairmont can go 6-4 with Miller or 2-8 with anyone else like they did before he got there. Fairmonts not going to beat Springfield or Wayne don’t matter who is the coach. You need to know your limits and be happy you have winning records most years with Miller.
Blevins had years where he went 7-3 and beat Wayne. With the talent Fairmont has they could contend. Being ok with 6-4 is not a winning attitude. Take your to D3.

Kids don’t want to run the triple in this day and age. I believe that this played a big part in losing some key players/athletes like Yates (Boro’s running back) and Powers at Cville.
I agree, a well-executed triple in smaller divisions can still be very successful if executed, but I feel sorry for those kids as well. Modern football is a balanced offense.

And yes, LaSalle is way down. They might win 3-4 games this year. Fairmont will finish 5-5 (6-4 at best), after a 3-0 start.

Kids don’t want to run the triple in this day and age. I believe that this played a big part in losing some key players/athletes like Yates (Boro’s running back) and Powers at Cville.
I agree, a well-executed triple in smaller divisions can still be very successful if executed, but I feel sorry for those kids as well. Modern football is a balanced offense.

And yes, LaSalle is way down. They might win 3-4 games this year. Fairmont will finish 5-5 (6-4 at best), after a 3-0 start.
Fairmont has definitely improved since Miller took over, primarily with discipline and a reliance on strong fundamentals. Those are all important, however, I agree with others that for Fairmont to actually challenge for conference championships they must move away from the wing-t offense. Miller did well at the small-school level with it, but you cannot compete for GWOC championships with it. There is no reason that Fairmont cannot compete with Springfield, Wayne, Centerville, etc on a yearly basis.