Week 4: Elder vs St Edward

Doublehelix

Ed's is obviously very good, but are also a ball control team, much like Elder. Elder will need to use the same recipe as last season to keep this competitive. I think it's going to be tough for Elder to maintain long drives this year, however, so they need to find a way to get some big chunks, or turnovers deep in opponent's territory. If they can do that, it could be a close game.

Eds has national level talent. It may be one of the best all-around teams they have ever had. Their passing game isn't exceptional, but it can be dangerous when teams are forced to focus on the running game. It's really hard to make them a passing team because their running game is so efficient. Eds is very deep at RB and will use 3-4 guys behind their massive line.

Eds defense is solid at all 3 levels.

Eds - 31
E - 14

You really need to grow up. You are an embarrassment to the Elder kids and supporters. First of all, if Logan’s family wanted to move to Ohio from Texas and decided that St Edward was the school they wanted him to finish high school, that’s their business. I’m sure ND appreciates the fact that he will get to play in the cold weather before he heads off to college. As far as Kyan, he was an Edsman all of his freshman, sophomore and the majority of his Junior year. He left late March, early April. School ended in May so he was at Glenville all of 6 weeks. He was able to return to St Edward with approval from OHSAA. Don’t like it? Too bad. Take it up with them. You need to keep these kids names out of your mouth. It’s quite predatory how much you post about them. Don’t like Ed’s? Fine, but leave the kids alone weirdo.

I don't agree with Omar on anything, but the way Eds runs their program is a joke. So many kids "Transfer". I have personally listened to Eds fans tell me how they get players from as far way as Sandusky and Akron. How alumni put these kids up in their basements. Even the guys on ESPN were laughing at it saying the one kid transferred July 31st. Ed is the reason people want to seperate public and private.

I don’t know of any basements where kids are living and I have a kid who has been there since his freshman year. He is currently a senior. We also do not live in Lakewood. But we were able to open enroll him which I am thankful for as his homeschool is a wreck academically. Any parent who lives in a failing school district should be able to enroll their kid elsewhere. Having to pay tuition and drive 20 minutes is well worth it to me. Omar and others act like St Edward is the only high school that has open enrollment. St Edward is the choice for many student athletes that are able to get there every day and pay the tuition. All the crazy accusations and speculation sure hasn’t been my experience.

I don’t know of any basements where kids are living and I have a kid who has been there since his freshman year. He is currently a senior. We also do not live in Lakewood. But we were able to open enroll him which I am thankful for as his homeschool is a wreck academically. Any parent who lives in a failing school district should be able to enroll their kid elsewhere. Having to pay tuition and drive 20 minutes is well worth it to me. Omar and others act like St Edward is the only high school that has open enrollment. St Edward is the choice for many student athletes that are able to get there every day and pay the tuition. All the crazy accusations and speculation sure hasn’t been my experience.
You're exactly right. Open enrollment is looked at as a dirty word at Elder. They take the holier than thou route when it comes to this topic. But kids having the ability to choose their school is the way it should be. Omar is just massively salty because none of the best, game-changing athletes in Cincy are choosing Elder. You talk about it with any truthfulness on this forum, and you get banned.

St Eds is a destination school if you're a great football player. The allegations of cheating have been going on forever, but with open enrollment, it's not even close to breaking the rules. In fact, it's the opposite, it's giving kids more freedom to choose than ever before.

And when those kids don't choose Elder, the masses start saying people are cheating. It's 100% a purple inferiority complex.

And this will likely be my last post in this thread because I told the truth, which is pretty sad. Yet Omar is allowed to spew his hatred and jealousy unabated. His words and posts regarding Eds are uncalled for and should be deemed unacceptable.

I can tell you with 100% confidence that the true competitors at Elder have great respect for the Eds program. It is a fantastic measuring stick every year, and the kids love going up against a great challenge.

Always loved playing elder , to discontinue the series would be bad for both schools …… they have beaten a few of our best teams… the Pit is about as awesome as a hs venue out there!

I’m sure it’s a coincidence so many of them are good football players. Since you’re paying tuition, your kid must not be very good. Have a nice day, gis bag.
My son is going to Colgate to play football on full scholarship. So that should tell you something. Keep making up them stories in your head though.

My son is going to Colgate to play football on full scholarship. So that should tell you something. Keep making up them stories in your head though.
Not worthy of the full ride the D1 kids get. It’s totally a coincidence the 2 best players on the team could transfer in late with no issue. You really must think ppl can’t see through the bs.

I do not think it is wise for Elder to continue this series.Reasons:
Cincy has 3 Catholic Division 1 football schools
Cleveland, twice as large, has 2. And for some reason St. Ignatius football is in a free fall.
Open enrollment benefits Ed’s but kids who live 20 minutes away in Northern Ky are not permitted to play sports in Ohio/ Elder. I know Ed’s has big lake to the north but Northern Ky cities when combined are actually larger than Cincinnati. open enrollment here is more competitive than Cleveland.
Elder fans do not travel well to Cleveland for a Saturday afternoon game. The Saturday afternoon game at the pit is Elder’s poorest attended game of the season. High school football should be played on Friday nights. Too many things in competition around here on a Saturday.
Eds is becoming a National powerhouse. As Doublehelix will tell you, Elder is not about that.
I wish Ed’s all the success they aspire for but this is no longer a good fit for Elder with great games for our parents and fans can got to only two hours away in Indy, L’vlle or Cbus.
playing Ed’s in the State Championship every few years would be motivation enough for Elder to look forward to an Ed’s game.

I don't agree with Omar on anything, but the way Eds runs their program is a joke. So many kids "Transfer". I have personally listened to Eds fans tell me how they get players from as far way as Sandusky and Akron. How alumni put these kids up in their basements. Even the guys on ESPN were laughing at it saying the one kid transferred July 31st. Ed is the reason people want to seperate public and private.

Transfers? I can count on one hand the number of players who have transferred into Ed’s in the last twenty years. If you are referring to the massive geographic area that the Ed’s football program is currently drawing from, then yes, things are good right now. You and Omar need to lay off that toxic chili you eat down there. It’s making you delusional.

Transfers? I can count on one hand the number of players who have transferred into Ed’s in the last twenty years. If you are referring to the massive geographic area that the Ed’s football program is currently drawing from, then yes, things are good right now. You and Omar need to lay off that toxic chili you eat down there. It’s making you delusional.
Yeah, they just happened to be your 2 best players for this yr. Your program is trash. And speaking of toxic, is your lake still on fire? Is Mackenzie Wainwright still in prison?

Trey hates Elder so much, he rides Ed’s tip like it’s a rocket ship to the moon. Newsflash, your nephew gets cut at Eds too.

For different reasons, I’ve thought for a while that we should drop Ed’s and instead try for some combination of Lou St X, Trinity, Cathedral, Chatard every year. Makes travel so much easier, can all be Friday games instead of Saturday, grandparents and friends and family more likely to come to Indy or Louisville for a game. The games will still be competitive and ghood games.

Always loved playing elder , to discontinue the series would be bad for both schools …… they have beaten a few of our best teams… the Pit is about as awesome as a hs venue out there!
agreed. Great series should be continued. I'm guessing things can swing and Elder will get back into full regular contention.

For different reasons, I’ve thought for a while that we should drop Ed’s and instead try for some combination of Lou St X, Trinity, Cathedral, Chatard every year. Makes travel so much easier, can all be Friday games instead of Saturday, grandparents and friends and family more likely to come to Indy or Louisville for a game. The games will still be competitive and ghood games.
Trinity was just as bad as Eds. Rondale Moore was a transfer. Things have changed with a new HC, not so surprising, they’re not as good.

Still waiting for the Northeast Ohio reboot of the Longest Yard starring Seth Cunningham and Mackenzie Wainwright.
So let’s bring up a few bad apples like every school doesn’t have a few…….. sheesh , it’s called adapting and winning . Sorry your school can’t do either , we all know you don’t represent the majority of elder fans….

Non stop about transfers yet we can literally count on 1 hand how many we have had over the past 10-20 yrs but keep tooting that horn …. And honestly at this point St Ed’s is a higher education then elder , IB program , engineering, and on and on but let’s just focus on the things you want and ruin another thread.

So let’s bring up a few bad apples like every school doesn’t have a few…….. sheesh , it’s called adapting and winning . Sorry your school can’t do either , we all know you don’t represent the majority of elder fans….

Non stop about transfers yet we can literally count on 1 hand how many we have had over the past 10-20 yrs but keep tooting that horn …. And honestly at this point St Ed’s is a higher education then elder , IB program , engineering, and on and on but let’s just focus on the things you want and ruin another thread.
Yeah, im sure that’s what all the kids you recruit for football care about. Also, you openly contradict yourself by saying transfers are part of “adapting”. Yeah, that’s a really superior education Eds is offering, you stupid Jizz bag.

Yeah, im sure that’s what all the kids you recruit for football care about. Get f’d, scumbag
Exactly you have nothing to say , zero facts , zero evidence just mouth diarrhea. Have fun at the game can’t wait to running clock the panthers and hear you cry about it some more.

Only thing that’s coming is another state title banner hopefully and more haters , pretty sure moe and iggy had more dominating runs then the eagles are currently on and low and behold guess what they’re still around. Sorry your panthers are fading into being irrelevant.

Only thing that’s coming is another state title banner hopefully and more haters , pretty sure moe and iggy had more dominating runs then the eagles are currently on and low and behold guess what they’re still around. Sorry your panthers are fading into being irrelevant.
When Ignatius had their run, they did it with class, something you trash bags know nothing about. It’s going to be really funny when Eds has to schedule 9 out of state games every yr, bc nobody in Ohio will put up your cheating bs.

It’s even more hilarious to act like you’re this dominant force when there’s literally no competition in your entire Region. It’s easy to win titles when you have a cake walk to the Final 4 every single yr.

When Ignatius had their run, they did it with class, something you trash bags know nothing about. It’s going to be really funny when Eds has to schedule 9 out of state games every yr, bc nobody in Ohio will put up your cheating bs.

It’s even more hilarious to act like you’re this dominant force when there’s literally no competition in your entire Region. It’s easy to win titles when you have a cake walk to the Final 4 every single yr.
Funny Ignatius had a senior qb transfer in win a state title …… forgot different rules apply to diff schools apparently…… cake walk huh I’ll take our big public’s up north vs your big public’s in cincy all day every day.

Funny Ignatius had a senior qb transfer in win a state title …… forgot different rules apply to diff schools apparently…… cake walk huh I’ll take our big public’s up north vs your big public’s in cincy all day every day.
He didn’t enroll 2 weeks before the school yr. And what big public school in Cleveland is better than a Lakota West? It’s not Mentor.

What does it matter when a family decided to move to Cleveland lol Eric Williams the qb who I’m referring to literally lived in an appt with his sister lol. This kids entire family moved here lol

and mentor might be down currently but they have been to title games and countless final fours , Lakota has literally accomplished nothing. Besides recruiting kids now just like Springfield openly does.

What does it matter when a family decided to move to Cleveland lol Eric Williams the qb who I’m referring to literally lived in an appt with his sister lol. This kids entire family moved here lol

and mentor might be down currently but they have been to title games and countless final fours , Lakota has literally accomplished nothing. Besides recruiting kids now just like Springfield openly does.
It matters bc one move was legitimate and the other isn’t. And you’re going to pretend like Springfield is worse than Eds? No. What’s Mentor accomplished since Trivisano retired? Nothing.

It matters bc one move was legitimate and the other isn’t. And you’re going to pretend like Springfield is worse than Eds? No.
So a kid moving in with his sister then trying to transfer back to Oregon is more legitimate than someone’s entire family moving here ……… got it man forgot you know everything.

So a kid moving in with his sister then trying to transfer back to Oregon is more legitimate than someone’s entire family moving here ……… got it man forgot you know everything.
If I recall, the kid’s dad worked for the Browns. He also transferred from a Jesuit HS in Oregon, so that’s why Ignatius took him.