Week 3: Northwest Indians (0-2) at Louisville Leopards (1-1)

LeopardNation

Varsity
Friday, September 1
Northwest 26, Louisville 14

Leopard Nation Video Highlights, Full Story, Game Stats, Full Straggat Media Game Broadcast, and Believeland Media Ground Level Video Highlights:

JV
Saturday, September 2
Walsh Jesuit at Louisville, 10:00
Northwest at Canton South, 10:00

Freshman
Thursday, August 31
Walsh Jesuit defeated Louisville (Score Not Reported)

All-Time Series
https://louisvilleleopards.org/football/varsity/all-time-series/northwest/

Past Game Video Archive
1992 - Louisville Leopards 47, Northwest Indians 6
1993 - Louisville Leopards 23, Northwest Indians 0
1994 - Louisville Leopards 42, Northwest Indians 2
1999 - Louisville Leopards 36, Northwest Indians 9
2002 - Louisville Leopards 21, Northwest Indians 7
2006 - Northwest Indians 14, Louisville Leopards 13
2022 - Louisville Leopards 16, Northwest Indians 6

Last edited:

Quiet thread -

JD returns to Louisville for the first time, and the leps are coming off their first shut out since 2016 (I think)?
Must win game Friday!

Big Time Sports TV will be televising the Northwest Louisville game. Replay Friday night at 11pk and Saturday at 9am. Spectrum 989 and 15 MCTV 128. We will also be uploading it to our website.
Friday we will also be Video LIVE STREAMING Dover vs Indian Valley you can watch Live at Bigtimesportsohio.com

Preview of the Game. Replay Friday 11pm Sat 9am. Spectrum 989 and 15 MCTV 128

Live Stream Link for Tonight:

Time to make a change at QB. Let the young kid play and build for the future.
QB next yr will be Stoffer who is one of our best on defense as a Soph. I don’t see them making that switch. Other option is Rice who had 3 INT tonight also one of our best on D, again not gonna happen. It’s gonna get ugly rest of the year.

QB next yr will be Stoffer who is one of our best on defense as a Soph. I don’t see them making that switch. Other option is Rice who had 3 INT tonight also one of our best on D, again not gonna happen. It’s gonna get ugly rest of the year.
I agree with you, but why not get stoffer the reps now and move him along in his development? #11 looks scared to death.

What the heck happened to Louisville football.
In short, a lack of stability happened. Booted out of league, coaching turnover, failed levies that hurt numbers, enough recent success that many schools their own size will pass on playing them unless they're really good or have no other choice. End result is a schedule that is way above the roster's capabilities in the long run. Losses mount which only hurts interest among potential players in the future. Northwest was in that same boat 10 years ago until they finally passed a levy and were able to get in a league after about 6 years of wandering the desert as an independent football program.

I agree with taking a look at another QB, but disagree with your choice. I don't see a 5'8" starting quarterback. The Aljancic boy is a Jr. and showed promise in practice. Not to mention a pretty good pedigree.

In short, a lack of stability happened. Booted out of league, coaching turnover, failed levies that hurt numbers, enough recent success that many schools their own size will pass on playing them unless they're really good or have no other choice. End result is a schedule that is way above the roster's capabilities in the long run. Losses mount which only hurts interest among potential players in the future. Northwest was in that same boat 10 years ago until they finally passed a levy and were able to get in a league after about 6 years of wandering the desert as an independent football program.
The failed renewal levy hasn't hurt numbers (YET). In fact, our baseball and basketball teams were forced to move UP a division due to INCREASING numbers.

The downturn can be linked to coaching changes, lack of a league, other coaches within the district forcing athletes to choose to "specialize" in one sport over being multi-sport athletes, and also to allowing people within the community with deep pockets and big mouths to call a lot of the shots when it comes to hiring coaches.

The failed renewal levy hasn't hurt numbers (YET). In fact, our baseball and basketball teams were forced to move UP a division due to INCREASING numbers.

The downturn can be linked to coaching changes, lack of a league, other coaches within the district forcing athletes to choose to "specialize" in one sport over being multi-sport athletes, and also to allowing people within the community with deep pockets and big mouths to call a lot of the shots when it comes to hiring coaches.
10+ years ago I never would’ve imagined Louisville allowing politics to play a factor into calling the shots.

When I mention numbers, I'm referring to athletic participation numbers, not enrollment numbers.

The football program downfall centers entirely on the scheduling. Being lazy, they choose to sign up to play 5 Feds in a season. Then the "other" games are not any better they schedule Steubenville, South Range and New Philly. The hopes of being independent is getting 7-8 home games and that doesn't happen either. Changes need to happen.

The football program downfall centers entirely on the scheduling. Being lazy, they choose to sign up to play 5 Feds in a season. Then the "other" games are not any better they schedule Steubenville, South Range and New Philly. The hopes of being independent is getting 7-8 home games and that doesn't happen either. Changes need to happen.

There are two games on their schedule I would take issue with Glenoak (very large D1) and Steubenville (not a necessary game with everyone else on the schedule). If the Leopards can’t play Hoover,Lake, Perry, and Green then they have much larger internal problems than scheduling down is gonna fix.

There are two games on their schedule I would take issue with Glenoak (very large D1) and Steubenville (not a necessary game with everyone else on the schedule). If the Leopards can’t play Hoover,Lake, Perry, and Green then they have much larger internal problems than scheduling down is gonna fix.
Okay, 2 or 3 of those schools are enough in a season and the remaining 7...
Example of possible
Northwest
Poland or other NE8 team
Alliance
Marlington
North Canton
Canton CC
Howland
Green or Perry/ Lake
Canfield should be every year
Canton South they need week 10 game
That is 2-D2, 4- D3, 3-D4, 1-D5

They need a new AD who understands sports and especially revenue sports.

Next, clean house of the old guard from the booster groups and board.

Then get admin who will allow coaches to coach and stop any interference from good ol boy community members.

They'll get back to being solid again, just give it some time

It did have to be a tough pill to swallow for some in the stands who led the charge to get rid of Demarco to see him come back into the stadium and have his team out hit and play much tougher football than the leopards.

It did have to be a tough pill to swallow for some in the stands who led the charge to get rid of Demarco to see him come back into the stadium and have his team out hit and play much tougher football than the leopards.
The Leps, more specifically the people who ran him out, got exactly what they deserve. JD was a good man who won and won a lot!

100% spot on.

Varsity: Northwest 26, Louisville 14
Northwest 1-2, Louisville 1-2

Leopard Nation Video Highlights, Full Story, Game Stats, Full Straggat Media Game Broadcast, and Believeland Media Ground Level Video Highlights: