Week 3: Elder

Nothing, but clearly Specht’s world views on fidelity don’t align with Ramsey’s.
First— there is nothing ”clear” about it— you have no proof of your allegation-whereas there is substantial proof of Ramsay’s view on sportsmanship from the 2018 game; Second— what do Specht’s views on marital fidelity have to do with football— or the game just played?

[/QUOTE]
You mentioned the coach’s “world view”, so you in fact deviated from football first.
NO— you used the words “world view”— I said “Specht doesn’t see the world the way Ramsay does”—I was talking about the football world— neither you nor I have any idea how Specht sees the world OFF the field!

First— there is nothing ”clear” about it— you have no proof of your allegation-whereas there is substantial proof of Ramsay’s view on sportsmanship from the 2018 game; Second— what do Specht’s views on marital fidelity have to do with football— or the game just played?
It has to do with world view. And I’m sure it’s just a coincidence the employee involved in the “alleged” affair was fired. And there’s never any truth to rumors confirmed by literally everyone in the know.

Again, you brought up “world view” not just sportsmanship. And I’m quite certain if we went back far enough there would be an example of X running it up a bit on Elder. And you know what? That’s fine. Sometimes you get into weird circumstances where’s it a 4th down or you want to give a hard working Sr a chance to score. I can tell you, I wouldn’t have been upset if X decided to run it in at the end of the game tonight.

NO— you used the words “world view”— I said “Specht doesn’t see the world the way Ramsay does”—I was talking about the football world— neither you nor I have any idea how Specht sees the world OFF the field!
[/QUOTE]
You didn’t say football specifically, that’s a very broad statement. And trust me, it’s well known what happened, but it was 6-7 yrs ago and ppl make mistakes. My only issue is you making this about morality, that’s such a cheesy low IQ fan discussion point. “We have class, they don’t have class” and blah, blah. Grow up.

It has to do with world view. And I’m sure it’s just a coincidence the employee involved in the “alleged” affair was fired. And there’s never any truth to rumors confirmed by literally everyone in the know.

Again, you brought up “world view” not just sportsmanship. And I’m quite certain if we went back far enough there would be an example of X running it up a bit on Elder. And you know what? That’s fine. Sometimes you get into weird circumstances where’s it a 4th down or you want to give a hard working Sr a chance to score. I can tell you, I wouldn’t have been upset if X decided to run it in at the end of the game tonight.
AGAIN, I did NOT bring up “world view”— you did— because you couldn’t argue your point based on the facts on the field— so you went to a juvenile, unproven (and totally unrelated to sports) allegation, to try to make a (different) point— You don‘t have any proof of what you clam that “literally everyone in the know” knows— I’d even doubt that you have any proof that any employee at X was fired (as you claim)— it‘s the kind of argument you‘d get from Vladimir Putin and the Russians— when they are caught red-handed behaving badly, they always change the subject and say “But what about...” and fill in some unrelated BS.

I said “see the world”— and I was talking about the sports (football) world– you don’t have a good argument— or even a point to make— so you went off (Waaaaaaay off) on an unrelated tangent— Ramsay was a poor sportsman in 2018, and if Specht was as immature as Ramsay, he would have tried to score again on Elder in the last minute— but, (as usual for Specht-coached teams) he did NOT run up the score needlessly, when it was avoidable.

Last edited:
AGAIN, I did NOT bring up “world view”— you did— because you couldn’t argue your point based on the facts on the field— so you went to a juvenile, unproven (and totally unrelated to sports) allegation, to try to make a (different) point— You don‘t have any proof of what you clam that “literally everyone in the know” knows— I’d even doubt that you have any proof that any employee at X was fired (as you claim)— it‘s the kind of argument you‘d get from Vladimir Putin and the Russians— when they are caught red=handed behaving badly, they always change the subject and say “But what about...” and fill in some unrelated BS.

I saiid “see the world”— and I was talking about the sports (football) world– you don’t have a good argument— or even a point to make— so you went off (Waaaaaaay off) on an unrelated tangent— Ramsay was a poor sportsman in 2018, and if Specht was as immature as Ramsay, he would have tried to score again on Elder in the last minute— but, (as usual for Specht-coached teams) he did NOT run up the score needlessl, when it was avoidable.

You’re telling me it’s a stretch for me to extrapolate the term “world view” from the statement “how they see the world”? Don’t be stupid. If you want to find fault with Elder running in a late TD 2 yrs ago, that’s fine. But let’s not act like this is all about one coach being a better person than the other.

And I’m quite certain there were games in the past where X scored a late TD they didn’t have to. They’ve been coaching against each other since 2004, there’s bound to be a few instances where one did something that rubbed the other the wrong way.

You didn’t say football specifically, that’s a very broad statement. And trust me, it’s well known what happened, but it was 6-7 yrs ago and ppl make mistakes. My only issue is you making this about morality, that’s such a cheesy low IQ fan discussion point. “We have class, they don’t have class” and blah, blah. Grow up.
You’re right— I did not (originally) say “football”— but it was a post in a football forum— I would have thought that was understood— And I’m saying that now (and have twice already)...

And NO— I don’t trust you— what is well known is the unproven rumor— the facts of the matter are ANYTHING but well known.

I did not “make this about morality”— I made it about sportsmanship (which Is different— and narrower— than “morality”)— which I thought was very poor by Ramsay in 2018 (I would have thought that he and Specht were friends [before that episode]— the way Specht is friends with Bolden at Colerain/Lakota West— But that event made it clear that they aren’t/weren’t)...

And I’m not saying “we have class, and (you) don’t“— I’m saying that Specht has shown more sportsmanship than Ramsay, when each was presented with an opportunity to demonstrate their respective stance on that subject.... I don’t think that you do what Ramsay did in 2018, if you consider Specht a friend and valued colleague— it is/was disrespectful,

You’re right— I did not say (originally) say “football”— but it was a post in a football forum— I would have thought that was understood— And I’m saying that now (and have twice already)...

And NO— I don’t trust you— what is well known is the unproven rumor— the facts of the matter are ANYTHING but well known.

I did not “make this about morality”— I made it about sportsmanship (which Is different— and narrower— than “morality”)— which I thought was very poor by Ramsay in 2018 (I would have thought that he and Specht were friends [before that episode]— the way Specht is friends with Bolden at Colerain/Lakota West— But that event made it clear that they aren’t/weren’t)...

And I’m not saying “we have class, and (you) don’t“— I’m saying that Specht has shown more sportsmanship than Ramsay, when each was presented with an opportunity to demonstrate their respective stance on that subject.... I don’t think that you do what Ramsay did in 2018, if you consider Specht a friend and valued colleague— it is/was disrespectful,
[/QUOTE]
I highly doubt Specht cared as much as you. Plus, it’s not like they threw a late TD. And implying one coach values sportsmanship over the other is the same thing as saying “we have class, you don’t.” And coaches shouldn’t be friends off the field, they should be respectful, but not friends. Name one other HC Nick Saban or Bill Belichick are “friends” with off the field.

I was there at the Pit, two years ago, when Elder was up by more than 20 points, with the ball and less than a minute to go in the game— and Ramsay had his guys go for it, to score and get to 50 points— with seconds to go in the game— not very impressive sportsmanship— so I was very interested to see what X would do, up 14, with the ball at Elder‘s ~20-yard line, and 57 seconds to play... seems like Specht doesn’t see the world the way Ramsay does...

Your memory must be off. The GCL sports box score for that game shows Elder scoring their last touchdown with 2:22 left. I think you owe Doug Ramsey an apology.

The secondary does seem to be the part of the defense that has struggled over the last several years. If St.X can get the secondary to improve, they should be able to make a good run in the playoffs. It was good to face an Elder team with a nice passing attack so that the secondary was tested and knows what they have to work on.

St.X has played a tough schedule as all GCL South teams do and next week is the 4th straight road game this year. The new quarterback for St.X is doing well and the running attack has been impressive the last two weeks. The run game really struggled against Brownsburg and some good adjustments were made from that loss.

St.X has played a tough schedule as all GCL South teams do and next week is the 4th straight road game this year. The new quarterback for St.X is doing well and the running attack has been impressive the last two weeks. The run game really struggled against Brownsburg and some good adjustments were made from that loss.
The X QB (at this stage of his career) looks as good as any of his predecessors from the last ~5 years...but I’m not at all convinced about the running game— put them up against another stout defense (like Brownsburg’s)—and I think you’d get the same result again.

Great win by the Bombers. They looked like a mostly complete football team.

(P.S. - Don't punch down to that flameout.)

Without getting into the dirt with the Elder fans who are more worried about what is going on on an X site than their own, when you can take 3 knees to end a game, you do it. Anything else is stupid.

2020 Dad - kind of curious what you thought when we got the ball back with 2:30 or so on Elder’s 39. I agreed with the decision to run the first two but (and this may sound hypocritical) I was in favor of throwing on third (or at least trying something unconventional) and also, if we hadn’t gotten it, going for it on fourth. Classic example of there is no such thing as a “book” and circumstances matter, but I wanted to avoid giving it back to the Elder offense AT ALL COSTS.

So kudos to the coaching staff on drawing the encroachment (believe it was planned and no - nobody on X’s side moved). I also believe that they were thinking like me and that play would have been a pass and, if unsuccessful, we probably would have gone on fourth. If I am going to criticize, I’ve got to applaud as well.

Great to see the OLine and running game start to come together - even up the middle in the 4th - we’ve got our own version of a lighting and thunder backfield! Btw, don’t blame Vransky for not taking a knee at the one - but it would have been cool.

Also, kudos to the refs (in the fourth quarter only), who apparently realized that they were supposed to be impartial. The first three quarters were a joke - bad spots, Niemann pushing all over the place, totally missed holds, phantom holds, - it was really bad.

Finally, I remember when there were two things you could count on from X - textbook tackling every single time and special teams that were special. In fact, there were many games where we were even with or even outplayed on the field and we won the game in special teams. I don’t really believe our special team talent has changed that much - that’s an area where I wish we would look at exactly what we used to do and try to replicate it.

Regardless - kudos to all Bombers players, coaches and staff. Given the crazy year, there really are only two goals - finally win GCL again and add another state title - we are on a good start for both.

Last edited:
Without getting into the dirt with the Elder fans who are more worried about what is going on on an X site than their own, when you can take 3 knees to end a game, you do it. Anything else is stupid.

2020 Dad - kind of curious what you thought when we got the ball back with 2:30 or so on Elder’s 39. I agreed with the decision to run the first two but (and this may sound hypocritical) I was in favor of throwing on third (or at least trying something unconventional) and also, if we hadn’t gotten it, going for it on fourth. Classic example of there is no such thing as a “book” and circumstances matter, but I wanted to avoid giving it back to the Elder offense AT ALL COSTS.

So kudos to the coaching staff on drawing the encroachment (believe it was planned and no - nobody on X’s side moved). I also believe that they were thinking like me and that play would have been a pass and, if unsuccessful, we probably would have gone on fourth. If I am going to criticize, I’ve got to applaud as well.

Great to see the OLine and running game start to come together - even up the middle in the 4th - we’ve got our own version of a lighting and thunder backfield! Btw, don’t blame Vransky for not taking a knee at the one - but it would have been cool.

Also, kudos to the refs (in the fourth quarter only), who apparently realized that they were supposed to be impartial. The first three quarters were a joke - bad spots, Niemann pushing all over the place, totally missed holds, phantom holds, - it was really bad.

Finally, I remember when there were two things you could count on from X - textbook tackling every single time and special teams that were special. In fact, there were many games where we were even with or even outplayed on the field and we won the game in special teams. I don’t really believe our special team talent has changed that much - that’s an area where I wish we would look at exactly what we used to do and try to replicate it.

Regardless - kudos to all Bombers players, coaches and staff. Given the crazy year, there really are only two goals - finally win GCL again and add another state title - we are on a good start for both.
I agree with pretty much all of what you have written (not sure about the officiating complaints, as I’ve not had the benefit of any replay reviews)— but I especially agree with the highlighted part above—the thing, to me, that made X special from about 2005-2007, beyond the extraordinary talent, was the precision of the execution— yes, X had terrific talent— but it was coached to execute at an exemplary level— but that doesn’t seem quite the same now— and hasn’t for over 10 years— the numbers of offensive line penalties that kill drives (often at crucial moments of games); the inability to get plays called into the huddle, in order to avoid wasting timeouts needlessly, early in halves; the lack of ball awareness by the X DBs (who never seem to look for the ball in the air, when defensing passes)...

But the poster child for not meeting that high standard that X set last decade (other than 2008–-that year was an abomination--with an assistant coach’s son toe-kicking with a square-toed cleat, like a George Blanda throwback) is the kicking game—yes, we had Danny Milligan— who was an all-state level kicker and punter— but, kicking game performance is about coaching, not athletic talent—we MUST have had (Place)kickers in the last 15 years that could have performed at a high level, if properly taught— yet, X’s kicking game has cost X LOTS of points (and games!) for YEARS now—the last few years being particularly egregious.

X’s coaching staff SHOULD be able to find (and train) somebody to make short (30-yard or less) field goals consistently— Hell, I have been holding my breath on EVERY PAT for the last several years. X appears to have a really good kicker this year— and that is a great comfort, as an X fan— it makes a TREMENDOUS difference in games— look at what a difference a competent kicker made in (the second half of) 2016— when the kid who transferred in from Oak Hills became eligible!! That’s the ONLY TIME in the last decade that X’s placekicking has even been serviceable—BUT— that kid was a transfer— he wasn’t trained by X’s coaching staff for 4 years...

I remember X having good kickers/kicking games for a majority of the Rasso era— with as many (smart) kids as X has, we should be able to find/produce a Rohmiller just about every year—Hell, if we can do it with QBs now (a MUCH tougher ask), we OUGHT to be able to do it with KICKERS!

I was ok with it, At some point our line has to be able to move an undersized D line off of the ball. I would love to see them rotate the backs every two series. In fairness to them its hard for a back to get in a rhythm going every other series. I am not sold on the running game yet, elder kept our run game in check most of the first half, the two big plays accounted for most of the yardage. This was a good win but we have got to get things figured out in the defensive backfield.

keep it to football boys. Ramsay and Specht are fine, Steve wasn't offended, Ramsay just wrote the forward to Steve's book. If they are ok with it all of us should be.

The secondary shake up was due to using Nickel so much, particularly in the 2nd half. One LB was pulled (Reilly) and an extra DB inserted (Nolan). Nolan is taller so was put outside, with Josh A moving inside to slot/safety. Nolan struggled a touch but rebounded and drew the offensive PI call. My hunch is back to more base this week, but I"m no insider so that is just a guess.