Week 3 Elder(1-1) vs. St. Mary's(MO)(1-0)

ElderHSfan02

Week 3 is here already and as usual the season starts flying by us. The good news is Elder is back at home on a Friday night in the PIT. The bad news is St. Mary's is the equivalent of a D5 school in Ohio according to joeeitel.com St. Mary's comes in from St. Louis, Missouri. Elder should win comfortably, but they should be better than some of the bad out of state teams that have visited the PIT in the past like Broward. Hopefully they will take care of business and all the players will get in this one, because there aren't any easy games left on the schedule.

Elder 45
St. Mary's 14

Week 3 is here already and as usual the season starts flying by us. The good news is Elder is back at home on a Friday night in the PIT. The bad news is St. Mary's is the equivalent of a D5 school in Ohio according to joeeitel.com St. Mary's comes in from St. Louis, Missouri. Elder should win comfortably, but they should be better than some of the bad out of state teams that have visited the PIT in the past like Broward. Hopefully they will take care of business and all the players will get in this one, because there aren't any easy games left on the schedule.

Elder 45
St. Mary's 14
Sounds like this is Pboy’s Cupcake Game.

Good. The PC game was incredibly physical, both teams beat up on each other. Elder could use a game where the starters get some rest and the reserves get some PT. The idea you’d want every single game to be a meat grinder like PC, is dumb. Playing a tough schedule to get prepared for the playoffs doesn’t help you when half your starters are out with injuries. You need a balance.

St. Mary's has a 3 star WR Chase Hendricks(5'11" 185 junior) with offers from Arizona St., Iowa St., Kansas, Purdue, Texas, and Wyoming.

I'm changing my prediction to
Elder 45
St. Mary's 28

Elder will jump on them early, because of the long trip. St. Mary's speed will be tough on the Panthers defense. St. Mary's also has a senior QB returning from last season. St. Mary's offense will be a challenge and Coleman and Hendricks will play defense too.

Well doing some research on this team, they are good. This is no cupcake game. I saw D5 and figured they had some players but not like a D1 team. They won't be poorly coached like Clearwater was. This is a team with talent and well coached. Elder can't overlook these guys.

Well doing some research on this team, they are good. This is no cupcake game. I saw D5 and figured they had some players but not like a D1 team. They won't be poorly coached like Clearwater was. This is a team with talent and well coached. Elder can't overlook these guys.
They don’t have the overall talent across the board as CA. The Elder Secondary played well vs PC, but I’m afraid they’ll be without Bartley Thomas this game. He left the PC game early with an injury and wasn’t able to return.

They don’t have the overall talent across the board as CA. The Elder Secondary played well vs PC, but I’m afraid they’ll be without Bartley Thomas this game. He left the PC game early with an injury and wasn’t able to return.

I'm just saying they will be no pushover. I would not call any team that has a WR with an offer from Alabama and another WR with D1 offers a cupcake. Coleman who has the offer from Alabama will also play defense and had 8 interceptions last year in 6 games.

Out of town teams are almost always overwhelmed by Ramsey’s offense. While I’m sure they have some good players, this should be an Elder win.

E - 38
SM - 21

If Scheduling a Team that is equivalent to D5 in Ohio for Elder is not a cupcake game I’m not sure what is. What do D1 Recruits have to do with this Game? If you just look at D1 recruits one could easily think Elder stinks every year.

If Scheduling a Team that is equivalent to D5 in Ohio for Elder is not a cupcake game I’m not sure what is. What do D1 Recruits have to do with this Game? If you just look at D1 recruits one could easily think Elder stinks every year.

Call them whatever you want. This will not be an easy game.

I think Elder will win, but don't know by how much. In 2019 Clearwater Academy was a great team and they were Ohio D7. Size of school doesn't really matter in this type of game.

The speed and athleticism of St. Mary's will be a tough matchup for Elder. I could see a high scoring game Friday night.

It's not often you get to see a 5 star WR recruit in person at the PIT. This should be a fun game to watch.

I think Elder will win, but don't know by how much. In 2019 Clearwater Academy was a great team and they were Ohio D7. Size of school doesn't really matter in this type of game.

Interesting that the 5 star WR recruit played most of the time at QB in their first game according to the article.

Senior Kevin Coleman Jr. got the majority of his playing time at quarterback. He threw two touchdown passes of 47 and 6 yards and ran in from the 5-yard line for another score.

Lutheran North senior Brian Brown was hobbled in the game with a sore ankle. Sophomore Jackson Sommerville saw considerable action at quarterback for the Crusaders.

"It was the plan all along to play both," Turner said. "Coleman played quarterback last season, mostly in there as a Wildcat. He was doing good so we kept him in there. He had a good game. That's what we expect out of him. He's a great athlete and a smart kid who gets the job done no matter where he's at on the field."

Despite the Offenses struggles, they did try to incorporate other skill players in the Offense besides Ramsey. It’s incumbent upon those players to step up and make plays. And this is something Elder will have to continue to do. Well coached teams are going to throw everything they have to take Ramsey out of the game and make other players beat them.

Elder needs a good crowd Friday night to get that true 12th man advantage. St. Mary's being a smaller school won't be used to playing in front of a big crowd.

The weather looks good, and this will be the last chance to see Elder on a Friday night in the PIT until October 8th.

Elder needs a good crowd Friday night to get that true 12th man advantage. St. Mary's being a smaller school won't be used to playing in front of a big crowd.

The weather looks good, and this will be the last chance to see Elder on a Friday night in the PIT until October 8th.
Home game 9/11 vs. St. Eds

Home game 9/11 vs. St. Eds

Yeah, but I said last chance on a Friday night. Saturday afternoon games you are competing with college football, kids sports, and any other thing that takes up your normal Saturday afternoon. Just a big difference between a Friday night game at the PIT and a Saturday afternoon game. There have been some great Saturday afternoon games though.

Yeah, but I said last chance on a Friday night. Saturday afternoon games you are competing with college football, kids sports, and any other thing that takes up your normal Saturday afternoon. Just a big difference between a Friday night game at the PIT and a Saturday afternoon game. There have been some great Saturday afternoon games though.
Gotcha

What are the range of options-- teams that do not already have a game scheduled this week? If X were not scheduled to play Olentangy Liberty in Columbus, I'd be up for a home/away combo with Elder this year (they used to have the GCL teams play each other twice each year, way back in the day when there were only 4 teams-- Purcell, Elder, Bacon, X)... but that does Elder no good this week...