Week 2: @Wayne

hall_k18

This week's game is against defending state runner-ups Wayne.

Wayne has 24 transfers coming in this year from schools all across Dayton.

In the first half of their game last week Wayne looked average not great.

Moeller started slow but pulled away after the 1st quarter.

Wayne's defense will have their hands full with Moeller's offense both in the air and on the ground. RB's Collin Thurman and Aidan Dahm will have plenty of running room behind Moeller's O-Line led by Kyle Hall and Samari Saddler. Ernst will have plenty of guys to throw to. The Receivers led by the trio of Matt Dotson, Chase Coyle, and Mike Forsythe will make big catches all day. The defense lead by the "No-fly Zone" DBs Matt Tkacz, Rob Hartman, Trey Reliford, and Will Hodge.

The game will be high scoring and exciting. I predict a 35-31 Moeller victory against a talented Wayne team.

Wayne's defense will have their hands full with Moeller's offense both in the air and on the ground. RB's Collin Thurman and Aidan Dahm will have plenty of running room behind Moeller's O-Line led by Kyle Hall and Samari Saddler. Ernst will have plenty of guys to throw to. The Receivers led by the trio of Matt Dotson, Chase Coyle, and Mike Forsythe will make big catches all day. The defense lead by the "No-fly Zone" DBs Matt Tkacz, Rob Hartman, Trey Reliford, and Will Hodge.

The game will be high scoring and exciting. I predict a 35-31 Moeller victory against a talented Wayne team.

Moeller looked soft in the 1st half against West I'm surprised they were able to pull away. It just goes to show you how talented the GMC really is.

Moeller looked soft in the 1st half against West I'm surprised they were able to pull away. It just goes to show you how talented the GMC really is.

giphy.gif

LOL!

Son...get off that I-pad and get back to homework. Don't make me report your IP to your parents...

It's disappointing that dumb kids think they can just come on here and troll people. This is a serious website and I don't want any kids bothering me.

24 transfers..... gimme a break. An obvious over exaggeration. Only 1 transfer starts for Wayne. QB McKee (240+ yards), RB Pitts (180+ yards), WR Smith (84 yards), Reigelsperger, Walker, Wilcox, Morris, Wilson, Davis all impact players in the Moe game are all Wayne.

I hear that their were some rumblings coming from this loss, some internal problems... did any Moe players quit????

I heard that Moe Frosh and JV took care of business vs Wayne; that's always good to hear.

Not surprising. Wayne plays a lot of soph's on varsity so they just don't have the numbers to be competitive with a school like Moeller at those levels.

The contract with Wayne and Moeller is over, should they renew or go their separate ways. Wayne has a lot of trouble finding non--league games and would like to schedule a Columbus area team. Week 1 is typically an out of state opponent as they will only play a week 1 game at home...

Hopefully the contract will be renewed --- it's turned into a great rivalry and a good test for both teams early in the season. Of course, these teams will likely still meet up in the playoffs occasionally.

Although Wayne has had their way as of late with Moe, I would love to see the series continue. It's not a bad drive to Wayne. It beats having to drive 3-4 hours for someone else. Plus, it's great competition and a good measuring stick early in the year.

Wow. What a prediction...