Week 2 Warren G Harding(0-1) at Buchtel (0-1)

Those from Warren making your first trip to 1040 Copley rd can't go wrong by picking up a pepperoni pizza from Gino's before getting back on 76 East.

Thanks for the recommendation! We tore this up on the road 🤣

F9E4026D-9549-4D8C-8192-8279C383F975.jpeg

Attachments

• 08D30913-23A6-4945-A24A-3E4B8EFA9981.jpeg
    08D30913-23A6-4945-A24A-3E4B8EFA9981.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 28
Glad to get the win. But I think I counted 6 turnovers for WGH. SMH
Harding looked good on their first two drives, but got sloppy after that. We left at least three scores off the board, including one inside the 5.

Gotta clean things up this week.

Not sure. They had a few turnovers to, but wasn't counting. Lol. It was a very sloppy game in general. Buchtel had kids cramping up on almost every play. The game lasted over 3 hours
Yeah it was a long game. Hot one.

Congrats Harding, but damn Worm that pizza looks good. That's one of the things I miss most about NE Ohio, the food. Best of luck Raiders the rest of the way.

A Gild (unfortunately closed now)
Gioninos
Gino's
Rizzis
Best pizza in Akron, Fiesta doesn't make my top 7. As for a West Sider going against the grain, don't tell anyone but I've never been a Swenson fan.
Man, Swenson’s is overrated as hell! I’ve always maintained that Skyway was better. Most Akron folks will fight you over saying this, but it’s true.

Rizzi’s milkshakes are the best kept secret in the city, by the way.

Yeah it was a long game. Hot one.
I couldn’t believe how many kids dealt with cramping issues. I don’t think that I’ve ever seen so many in a single game, including those down in Georgia, Florida and Alabama where my parents retired to. I counted at least 8. The coaches needed to have them better prepared, as it wasn’t that hot or humid to me and I was in the stands with no shade wearing a hoodie and joggers. The kids from Harding handled the conditions and late game pressure situations much better. I was impressed with their late game ball control/running. That no. 22 kid was relentless. I swear he played every snap and kept going at the Griffs like they stole the chain that his grandma gave him. Congratulations to the Raiders and their fans. They were all class.

I couldn’t believe how many kids dealt with cramping issues. I don’t think that I’ve ever seen so many in a single game, including those down in Georgia, Florida and Alabama where my parents retired to. I counted at least 8. The coaches needed to have them better prepared, as it wasn’t that hot or humid to me and I was in the stands with no shade wearing a hoodie and joggers. The kids from Harding handled the conditions and late game pressure situations much better. I was impressed with their late game ball control/running. That no. 22 kid was relentless. I swear he played every snap and kept going at the Griffs like they stole the chain that his grandma gave him. Congratulations to the Raiders and their fans. They were all class.

🤣

Having spent half of the summer of 2000 in Houston, Texas, I haven't complained about "Ohio heat" in 23 years. It was hot yesterday though (not complaining though because it felt good to me) and I was worried about both teams.

Before one play early on in particular, #5 from Buchtel threw up 3 times, (again) before the snap, and nearly made an acrobatic catch down field. He made plays all game long. Tough kid.

Congrats Harding, but damn Worm that pizza looks good. That's one of the things I miss most about NE Ohio, the food. Best of luck Raiders the rest of the way.

@hubman must have an eye for good food like we do here in Warren. I posted my location on Facebook when I went and several of my friends agreed with the recommendation.

My stepbrother and I almost got the $30 special, which came with a large pizza, some chicken (I forget how many pieces), and wedges. We just went half on a large sausage & pepperoni instead. We were intrigued by the lemonade sign next door, but we didn't get any.

I'm very particular when spending money on food, but Gino's was well worth it.

🤣

Having spent half of the summer of 2000 in Houston, Texas, I haven't complained about "Ohio heat" in 23 years. It was hot yesterday though (not complaining though because it felt good to me) and I was worried about both teams.

Before one play early on in particular, #5 from Buchtel threw up 3 times, (again) before the snap, and nearly made an acrobatic catch down field. He made plays all game long. Tough kid.
There was a nice breeze yesterday, it could’ve been worse. Wearing those all black unis didn’t help matters, I’m sure. I felt the kids in Harding’s band standing up with the Sun staring at them for damn near 4 hrs.

@hubman must have an eye for good food like we do here in Warren. I posted my location on Facebook when I went and several of my friends agreed with the recommendation.

My stepbrother and I almost got the $30 special, which came with a large pizza, some chicken (I forget how many pieces), and wedges. We just went half on a large sausage & pepperoni instead. We were intrigued by the lemonade sign next door, but we didn't get any.

I'm very particular when spending money on food, but Gino's was well worth it.
If you ever met me in person you would be able to tell right away food is important to me , just by looking at my midsection. Gino's is new to the chicken game, so if your looking for chicken I would suggest Rizzi's which is further down Copley rd. in Copley township.

Tough loss for the Griffs, but I saw some positives! The defense was hitting (didn't see that at all against Cleveland Heights) again which contributed to some of those turnovers. The offense showed some sparks. Hopefully they start hydrating for next weeks game yesterday, and I hope whatever Lewis ate before the game is stricken from his diet the rest of the season.

Last edited:
WARREN, Ohio (WKBN) – This Friday, WKBN’s High School Football Game of the Week will emanate from historic Mollenkopf Stadium where Farrell visits Harding. The Steelers are after a marquee victory early in the season. Harding is looking to continue their winning ways after topping Buchtel last Saturday.

If you ever met me in person you would be able to tell right away food is important to me , just by looking at my midsection. Gino's is new to the chicken game, so if your looking for chicken I would suggest Rizzi's which is further down Copley rd. in Copley township.
I'm not exactly Tinkerbell myself 🤣. You can't ever go wrong with chicken. The next time you're in Warren, stop into Buena Vista for some of the best chicken you'll ever taste.

I'm not exactly Tinkerbell myself 🤣. You can't ever go wrong with chicken. The next time you're in Warren, stop into Buena Vista for some of the best chicken you'll ever taste.
I'll remember that next year. I usually stopped at the hot dog shoppe when Buchtel visited Warren in the past, this will give me a new spot.

I'll remember that next year. I usually stopped at the hot dog shoppe when Buchtel visited Warren in the past, this will give me a new spot.
If you take 76 to 5 into Warren, save time by getting off on the Larchmont/Perkins Jones Rd. exit. Make a right at the light and go all the way down until it ends (maybe a little over a mile). You'll end up at a light on Elm Rd. by a Convenient and a small open field. Make a right and before you get to Harding, make another right on Dana St. and it'll take you right to BV. You can smell the chicken on the whole street.

I'm sure that there's plenty fans on here from Massillon, Ursuline, Mooney, and plenty others that will support the endorsement. They all pack BV before Harding games.
FB_IMG_1693349042418.jpg

BV chicken will be on my deathbed list of foods with Sunrise pizza and Hot Dog Shoppe sauce on fries.

Carmen's pizza and some fries topped w/ Eli's sauce for me.

Eli's closed down, but I have the plug on the sauce. 😁