Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Massillon by 3 possessions

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Massillon by less than 3 possessions

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • GlenOak stuns the Tigers!

Votes: 19 19.6%

• Total voters
My sophomore year was the 1st year of Bob Comminfs Field opening….I personally would’ve like the experience of playing a varsity game at 44th if I could. Especially if it made opposing fans/players heads react like that lol

GlenOak has a long way to go. But they are playing a lot of young guys. The Burt kid that’s a sophomore will be a good player. Good clean game by both teams. As far as after the whistle jawing and unsportsmanlike penalties.

I voted for the running clock

For the 19 fools that voted for Massillon to be stunned please put down the crack pipe.

For anyone who thinks will be a competitive series anytime soon please reference the freshman and 8th grade scores.

This series needs to end along with any thought of Massillon ever wasting their time playing in the fed.
I used to post on yappi a lot but have not posted much in the last 4 years because of goof balls like you. The Tiger fans have treated GlenOak with great respect and have been appreciative of the fact that we played them when no one else would. For several years this match up was the big game in Stark County. If you would rather play Mighty Moe and other D1 powers rather than us then have at it.

I used to post on yappi a lot but have not posted much in the last 4 years because of goof balls like you. The Tiger fans have treated GlenOak with great respect and have been appreciative of the fact that we played them when no one else would. For several years this match up was the big game in Stark County. If you would rather play Mighty Moe and other D1 powers rather than us then have at it.
You were a good poster too, you should come back. Don't let people who you consider to be goof balls run you off, if everyone did that there would be no Massillon fans on here. Lotta goofs out there.

Glenoak will be good again soon.

1. Look at the amount of community support they had last night. Can’t fake that.
2. The facilities are first class.
3. They district has a ton of kids.
Thank you, and we do what we can to slowly but surely make gradual improvements to our Cracker Jack box over the years 😂…I played in that stadium when it didn’t have locker rooms.
Our facilities are solid for high school.

Yours are on par with FBS colleges. Massillons is just above and beyond. My brother coaches at an FBS school that doesn’t even have an indoor. You guys have had an indoor for over a decade. You guys have every right to be proud of what you have!

One thing I wish Bob Commings didn’t have a track around it. But, it’s HS so that’s pretty common 🤷‍♂️….our new turf practice field is nice. I remember when that was a hard dirt surface with so many rocks/holes that it was unsafe to practice on.

Last edited:
As a side note, I miss the East-West All Star Game being played at Bob Cummings Stadium. It has a more intimate/high school football feel compared to TBS. I understand why that game is now played at Tom Benson with the HOF having taken over sponsorship of the event.

If I hypothetically won the lottery GlenOak would get a random donation for an indoor and to gut the track around the stadium and place it elsewhere on campus. Put the stands closer to the action for the fan experience.

Put a weight room in the building of the indoor and have that be football only weight room. All other sports can use the weight room inside the school which also has had solid updates over the years.

As a side note, I miss the East-West All Star Game being played at Bob Cummings Stadium. It has a more intimate/high school football feel compared to TBS. I understand why that game is now played at Tom Benson with the HOF having taken over sponsorship of the event.
I can see that. Bob Commings field has definitely made strides since it’s first ever game which was 07 season vs Green.

I 2nd Maxie's comment. Also Wild Card I enjoyed your contribution to the thread, thanks. Feelings about FL aside (which some obviously have a problem with, and I will say understandably, and mutual) I and many Massillon fans consider GO staff/adm/program true partners and we wish them nothing but success going forward.

About the game GO has nice skill, and youth, but needs to improve the line play. Which was the hardest part of our rebuild also. Patience - I see better days ahead for sure.

Thank you, and we do what we can to slowly but surely make gradual improvements to our Cracker Jack box over the years 😂…I played in that stadium when it didn’t have locker rooms.
Our facilities are solid for high school.

Yours are on par with FBS colleges. Massillons is just above and beyond. My brother coaches at an FBS school that doesn’t even have an indoor. You guys have had an indoor for over a decade. You guys have every right to be proud of what you have!

One thing I wish Bob Commings didn’t have a track around it. But, it’s HS so that’s pretty common 🤷‍♂️….our new turf practice field is nice. I remember when that was a hard dirt surface with so many rocks/holes that it was unsafe to practice on.
I need one of those putting greens in my back yard.

I 2nd Maxie's comment. Also Wild Card I enjoyed your contribution to the thread, thanks. Feelings about FL aside (which some obviously have a problem with, and I will say understandably, and mutual) I and many Massillon fans consider GO staff/adm/program true partners and we wish them nothing but success going forward.

About the game GO has nice skill, and youth, but needs to improve the line play. Which was the hardest part of our rebuild also. Patience - I see better days ahead for sure.
Thank you, I just thought one morning that it would be kind of neat to create this thread especially as someone from the Glenoak side. I knew Massillon folks would show up on here and for the most part this has been a solid thread I thought. It didn’t go too far off the rails.

the game itself kind of as expected.

I agree with your overall assessment on GO. It’s a process. They just happen to be still in a early phase of that process. However, I like their chances of progressing vs regressing. Just gotta keep going to work and chip away at it….and from my perspective. Keep Massillon on the schedule!

This program should take pride that they are the only Fed team not named McKinley that does it year in and year out regardless of where they fall in our leagues standings. Not a knock on anyone else. It just is what it is.

Plenty of fed boot lickers from Massillon. Some have even offered to take out the trash for an elusive invite into their league. Thankfully that’s never going to happen.

Make no mistake that the majority of Tiger fans have been against joining the fed from the introduction of that idea decades ago. It’s been the Massillon administration pushing that agenda.

Another thing too. The improvements to Bob Commings field the ticket revenue from Massillon visiting there over the years has to have made a positive impact of pumping a little extra cash into the place.

That’s why when I said “thank you for the ticket revenue” that wasn’t sarcasm at all. They are now a facility that can host playoff games perhaps partly due to this series. They hosted the D1 State Semis a couple years ago. Mentor vs one of the pickerington schools if I remember right. That would’ve never been possible when I was in school!

They were also able to be the temporary home for Walsh University, the east west game, and things like that.

So seriously, tiger nation thank you for having such support for your team on the road!

Plenty of fed boot lickers from Massillon. Some have even offered to take out the trash for an elusive invite into their league. Thankfully that’s never going to happen.

Make no mistake that the majority of Tiger fans have been against joining the fed from the introduction of that idea decades ago. It’s been the Massillon administration pushing that agenda.

I don't disagree. I just disagree specific to GO. Don't equate them, with them.

Make no mistake I (and I agree the majority) do NOT want to join the FL by any stretch, and they don't want us. But I would like to add a team or 2 more to the regular season schedule. GO has been a true partner through thick & thin.

I don't disagree. I just disagree specific to GO. Don't equate them, with them.

Make no mistake I (and I agree the majority) do NOT want to join the FL by any stretch, and they don't want us. But I would like to add a team or 2 more to the regular season schedule. GO has been a true partner through thick & thin.
I selfishly would love Massillon in the Fed. However, I understand why Massillon folks would not want that. They simply don’t need it.

I do not understand other Fed schools not wanting them. Do you not like ticket revenue for your program when they come to your place? Do you not like challenging your kids consistently vs someone local? When you go there do you not like the idea of playing in a world class HS facility on the road? I guess that’s a different topic though.

If it were hypothetically brought to a vote I think it’s safe to assume 2 votes in the bag would be from McKinley and GlenOak lol

When does anyone really think this will be a competitive game again ?

The 8th and 9th grade teams had running clocks on them by the half.

Jason Hall doesn’t coach Massillon anymore. The days of this series being competitive are long past us. Hopefully they’ll win a few fed games and get Massillon some computer points.

I selfishly would love Massillon in the Fed. However, I understand why Massillon folks would not want that. They simply don’t need it.

I do not understand other Fed schools not wanting them. Do you not like ticket revenue for your program when they come to your place? Do you not like challenging your kids consistently vs someone local? When you go there do you not like the idea of playing in a world class HS facility on the road? I guess that’s a different topic though.

If it were hypothetically brought to a vote I think it’s safe to assume 2 votes in the bag would be from McKinley and GlenOak lol
Actually, just one, Glenoak!🤔

When does anyone really think this will be a competitive game again ?

The 8th and 9th grade teams had running clocks on them by the half.

Jason Hall doesn’t coach Massillon anymore. The days of this series being competitive are long past us. Hopefully they’ll win a few fed games and get Massillon some computer points.
A lot can change from middle school to varsity. I’m aware of plenty of teams that were terrible in MS but ended up being better than expected by the time they play varsity years later.

I remember McKinley freshman losing to teams you wouldn’t think the varsity would lose to. My freshman year we beat McKinleys freshman, handlily.

My senior year in the playoffs they whooped us, in Massillon ironically enough.

Point is middle school and freshman results can amount to almost nothing years later 😂