Week 2 Dover @ Canton South

Doverbuck1

What are your thoughts and predictions?
Canton South has perhaps the top QB in Stark county and is expecting a great season.
Dover dropped a tough one against Green. The final drive Dover put together might be a confidence builder as they came very close to having a chance to tie it up.

This was great rivalry in the late 2000s. Glad to see it return, especially with the additional Ifft-Dennison story line. These two teams should play every year IMO.

Poochie is a great player and will be tough to stop. Dover's D needs to improve on what they did against Green and get the offense going, time to put up some points!

Last edited:
I think Dover wins by just playing ball control and running for over 350 yards. Actually against South's defense, Barton might have a few 50+ yard td runs.

Dover 38
South 35

Dover made a lot of very correctable mistakes against Green. I thought the offense was very clunky and sometimes slow to develop but you can expect that with youth. I thought that last drive was really impressive,3rd and long 80 yards away and they got down to the 8 in the last 1:58 I think that drive will pay big dividends.

Dover made a lot of very correctable mistakes against Green. I thought the offense was very clunky and sometimes slow to develop but you can expect that with youth. I thought that last drive was really impressive,3rd and long 80 yards away and they got down to the 8 in the last 1:58 I think that drive will pay big dividends.
Personally I thought most of the drives were fine until a bad exchange turned a manageable down into 3rd and 20 multiple times. Like you said, though, definitely a fixable mistake.

I don't think Dover can stop Poochie Snyder. But I also don't know if Canton South's defense can stop their run game. I can see both teams in the 40s.

Matt Dennison vs Dan Ifft, and we usually know how the story goes.

Ifft outcoaches him

Dover
South 21

personally I’d rather see both teams lose but that’s not possible and idc about computer points in week 2

I don't think Dover can stop Poochie Snyder. But I also don't know if Canton South's defense can stop their run game. I can see both teams in the 40s.

I hope Dover slows the game down to limit possessions. If 80+ points get scored we lose that battle more than not

IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF THE DOVER 'D' CAN SHUT DOWN SOUTH
AND SNYDER. PASTEUR THINKS THEY WILL AND HAS DOVER BY 6. WHAT
THAT REALLY MEANS IS PASTEUR DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE AND ON PAPER
THIS ONE IS A PICKEM. HOPEFULLY DENNISON GETS IT TOGETHER AND SOUTH
PULLS A MILD UPSET WHICH THEY ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF DOING.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WILDCATS.

BIG GLS has entered the discussion with gusto-
The Goonies Sloth GIF

He’s my kinda guy.

Can Dover get the offense going? Can their defense slow down Poochie like they did Green? Should CS be worried about their defense after giving up 40? Will this be a shootout or will Dover try to slow this game down?

Can Dover get the offense going? Can their defense slow down Poochie like they did Green? Should CS be worried about their defense after giving up 40? Will this be a shootout or will Dover try to slow this game down?
Sounds like things are a lil uneasy in the Dover household. Maybe the Sunday skill meeting will get things going or we looking at a

Dumpster Fire GIF