Week 2 Bishop Hartley (1-0) @ Bloom-Caroll (0-1)

Anyone with a scouting report on BC compared to last year?
BC is replacing 4/5 of their O-Line from last year, and that’s probably why they’re going to go 0-3 or 1-2 in this three game non-league gauntlet.

Their defense is still solid, and they return a crop of athletes. It’s just that they’re kinda upside-down on the “one chunk of the team graduates while the other returns” trade-off from last year. Hartley should name the score in this one.

After the comedy of nervous errors on the first series, Hartley looked good on Friday. Woot for Woot preventing TD on the muffed punt. They played strong against a good physical team. Defensive play contained Severs/Stover backfield which was definitely the game plan. Linebackers looked great. OLine was getting some nice push against bigger team. QB didn't make me instantly nervous like last few seasons or like the Nut QB had to have made them. Nice to see another Zang #45 out there again. Lots of weapons in the backfield.

Don't have a good read on Bulldogs. They seemed to hurt themselves throughout the game. First game jitters or lack of discipline. No way to know from one week. HP is a tough team, but they shouldn't have looked that good. Given the wrongness of my prediction last week, I won't hazard a guess. I will say that if BC can't protect the edge, it could be a rough game. Hawks look hungry. Last week is a good confidence booster.