Week 14: Kings (12-1) vs Anderson (8-5) Regional Final

Anybody know if any of the guys on these teams, especially Kocher, Mussari, Scalf, Alvarez, etc. have college offers/commitments? All of those guys seem to my naive eye like legit college players, but I haven't heard anything. Maybe I just don't know where to look, but I can't find anything on any of them.

Anybody know if any of the guys on these teams, especially Kocher, Mussari, Scalf, Alvarez, etc. have college offers/commitments? All of those guys seem to my naive eye like legit college players, but I haven't heard anything. Maybe I just don't know where to look, but I can't find anything on any of them.
I thought Kocher had baseball offers going back to last year?

The monkey bar is awesome, despite the fact that the monkey is long dead.
I was confused by the name the first couple times I went there. Somehow an Enquirer article from 1989 or something about the custody battle over the monkey. The whole thing sounds like it’s out of an 80s movie.

And I agree, it’s awesome.

Saw Kocher has football offer from Dayton

Nick Hoying #23 for Kings is committed to D1 FCS Bucknell. And by the way I rewatched the Winton Woods game last night and he definitely had another forced fumble and recovery the play before WW first touchdown. Didn’t get to see a replay while watching the OHSAA stream.

Nick Hoying #23 for Kings is committed to D1 FCS Bucknell. And by the way I rewatched the Winton Woods game last night and he definitely had another forced fumble and recovery the play before WW first touchdown. Didn’t get to see a replay while watching the OHSAA stream.
Nice! I’m kind of excited to know that’s on YouTube. I love that guy who does the play by play on those Winton Woods broadcasts.

I was confused by the name the first couple times I went there. Somehow an Enquirer article from 1989 or something about the custody battle over the monkey. The whole thing sounds like it’s out of an 80s movie.

And I agree, it’s awesome.
The monkey was named Sam and drank beer and smoked cigarettes in a large cage outside the bar.

The monkey was named Sam and drank beer and smoked cigarettes in a large cage outside the bar.
I recall it being underground or something…maybe my memory is fading, use to go there fairly often in the late 80s early 90s when I was single. I think I may have been there in the last 10 years, can you pick up a canoe there?

I recall it being underground or something…maybe my memory is fading, use to go there fairly often in the late 80s early 90s when I was single. I think I may have been there in the last 10 years, can you pick up a canoe there?
Monkey Bar has been taken over by a new owner, recently, The guy has poured a TON of $$$ into it and it's seriously a great bar now, pretty sure he now has food as well? Used to do food trucks during warmer weather, but I'm pretty sure he's added a menu now as well...now known as the Train Stop Inn...look it up, stop in...you won't be disappointed. Place is hoppin.

Monkey Bar has been taken over by a new owner, recently, The guy has poured a TON of $$$ into it and it's seriously a great bar now, pretty sure he now has food as well? Used to do food trucks during warmer weather, but I'm pretty sure he's added a menu now as well...now known as the Train Stop Inn...look it up, stop in...you won't be disappointed. Place is hoppin.
Yeah, they do have food. I have not eaten it, but have drooled over the pizza the couple times I’ve been there. The good looks good.

I thought it was actually The Train Stop the first time I encountered it about five years ago, and the new ownership changed it back to The Monkey Bar a couple years ago.

So it looks like the winner of this game could be facing either the Massillon/Lake winner in Columbus if Avon wins in Region 6, or TCC in Wapakaneta if TCC wins Region 6. (If I'm reading the pairings correctly. Communication from OHSAA seems to get pretty convoluted to me.) Any opinions on who matches up best in the next round? I have gathered that Massillon is amazing up front and vulnerable against the pass, so it seems like either Kings or Anderson should maybe be rooting for them...?

So it looks like the winner of this game could be facing either the Massillon/Lake winner in Columbus if Avon wins in Region 6, or TCC in Wapakaneta if TCC wins Region 6. (If I'm reading the pairings correctly. Communication from OHSAA seems to get pretty convoluted to me.) Any opinions on who matches up best in the next round? I have gathered that Massillon is amazing up front and vulnerable against the pass, so it seems like either Kings or Anderson should maybe be rooting for them...?
Don’t know much about Lake, calpreps giving the Paper Tigers 14 point edge. Massillon is a tough out, they beat St. Ed’s this year….

Can’t even find a thread on Avon vs Wapo but Avon is favored by almost 3 TDs as I would expect…. So the R7 v R8 matchup is most likely BUT this is high school football!

Don’t know much about Lake, calpreps giving the Paper Tigers 14 point edge. Massillon is a tough out, they beat St. Ed’s this year….
I’m sure they’re all tough outs at this point! Just wondering if there are any matchups that might be more favorable vs. overall team quality. I think it’s got to be a good thing to be on the opposite side of the draw as Hoban, though, hoping for someone else to take them out. I’d rather be facing the team with the 50 year monkey on their back, and the pressure of an entire town living vicariously through them, than a team who thinks it’s just a normal occurrence to win state championships. 🤣

So interesting development (or maybe it’s only interesting to a band parent…) Most of the marching band is leaving for Disneyland tomorrow to perform there with either the Concert Band or the Symphonic Band. This would leave the football team with no band to urge them on. The band director thought this unacceptable, and whipped together a ragtag volunteer regiment of freshmen, the rare high school band members not going to Florida, and alumni. They’re going to practice some pep tunes for a couple hours before the game and head on to Mason.

That leaves me, a dutiful band parent, with no obligation to freeze my butt off in the stadium tomorrow. I’m contemplating watching the live feed. Do you guys know if you can actually stream those on a tv? Or just in a web browser on a phone, computer, tablet, etc?

I’m tempted to go rough it in Mason though, just to see what the band they throw together looks and sounds like. Anybody else attending?

So interesting development (or maybe it’s only interesting to a band parent…) Most of the marching band is leaving for Disneyland tomorrow to perform there with either the Concert Band or the Symphonic Band. This would leave the football team with no band to urge them on. The band director thought this unacceptable, and whipped together a ragtag volunteer regiment of freshmen, the rare high school band members not going to Florida, and alumni. They’re going to practice some pep tunes for a couple hours before the game and head on to Mason.

That leaves me, a dutiful band parent, with no obligation to freeze my butt off in the stadium tomorrow. I’m contemplating watching the live feed. Do you guys know if you can actually stream those on a tv? Or just in a web browser on a phone, computer, tablet, etc?

I’m tempted to go rough it in Mason though, just to see what the band they throw together looks and sounds like. Anybody else attending?
I paid 10 bucks for the stream on OHSAA.TV last week. If you have a smart tv you can screen share it from your phone to your TV. On an IPhone it’s just pressing this button here.
A76ABFF3-4B26-4D47-90A2-F78861FAD254.jpeg

I’ll be there. They should ask Little Miami’s band to come play for us. Wouldn’t be the first time it happened in the playoffs.