• St. Ignatius by 1-7

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • St. Ignatius by 8-16

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • St. Ignatius by 17+

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like Euclid Stadium but it makes no sense for this game. What's the process for choosing neutral sites? It should be fun regardless of where they play but can't help but be disappointed to trudge out there on a Friday night. Onto the game.

Ed's absolutely dominated St. Ignatius a month ago to the point where I think Iggy had to take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves what they wanted this year to be. Obviously it is their legendary coach's last year and they were stomped by their biggest rival in a way he made a habit of doing to pretty much everyone in the 1990s. I don't see Ignatius having the athletes or size to be able to stop St. Ed's from pushing them around or running by them. I feel the only way to a Wildcat victory would be for terrible windy weather with precipitation. This would mean an emphasis on running the ball and having Iggy load up the box while praying that Ed's turns the ball over. I do not think the Eagles will be cocky going into this, they have improved since that game too signature wins over Moeller and Hoban. The offense looks to be humming at level that was not the case at the beginning of the year and blocking the defense has been a nightmare for opposing teams.

The reward for a comeback of the ages is to face St. Ed's. Anything can happen but I just don't see them having the horses to score enough.

Law firm clients …… this is exactly the reason I can’t stand Ignatius alumni , the white collar better than you mentality persists 🤦‍♂️.

As an eagle alum / former coach for multiple yrs I know all about it. I don’t want them to just win I want them to absolutely embarrass Ignatius in all facets.

We can throw stones left and right but my hatred for that school started as a freshmen when Ignatius literally made shirts that said “class vs trash”.
What was that like 20 or 30 years ago? Let it go man. I think this is going to be a better game than everyone thinks. The kids aren't going to let Coach Kyle go out getting smacked.

What was that like 20 or 30 years ago? Let it go man. I think this is going to be a better game than everyone thinks. The kids aren't going to let Coach Kyle go out getting smacked.
I do wonder, how much does that matter to current high school kids? I'm sure to a degree it does but his historical place is cemented. They haven't been a contending team since 2018. If Ignatius has a shot in this game the kids will need to make it about themselves and their legacy, not Kyle's.

@ CatAlum:

Keep me out of this, I don't have a dog in the fight!
You're a useful prop.

Let me just say that, whatever they paid you, you gave them good service as a mercenary back in the day. Have your allegiances returned to LSB?

1667845494825.png

I like Euclid Stadium but it makes no sense for this game. What's the process for choosing neutral sites? It should be fun regardless of where they play but can't help but be disappointed to trudge out there on a Friday night.
It's only 25 minutes from St. Eds and 20 minutes from St. Ignatius. Where would you think the game should be played instead?

If this plays out as most expect, is the rivalry such that Lombardo will enjoy being the one to give Kyle his final loss, or would he rather that it would've fallen to someone else?

It's only 25 minutes from St. Eds and 20 minutes from St. Ignatius. Where would you think the game should be played instead?
On the west or south side. If we are going to look as though no other games....Brunswick has been used at least once. Going across the river makes no sense. Heck, it will take me 20 minutes just to get to 71 to get out of Ala....strongsville.. granted could have been no good options based on who offered to host. Just seems quite odd, but not as odd as 2 Geauga schools going to Boardman.

I do hear that Heinz Field is available

Tickets are now available if you so desire. Mine has been secured, even if I have to drive to the evil side of town

I have a dog in the fight and this post is CLASSLESS!!! Enjoy your day. :sneaky:
This is good stuff from a good dude.

And yes, compared to the Green Wall, Eagle Machine, We are St Eds, kids of blue collar we're inferior parents, Ignatius sucks.

Certainly not crazy.

Ignatius can get back. It's all about talent level.
And calling plays according to the talent you have. For example, if you don't have the talent or speed to spread the field, then don't. If your talent is line it up in I, then do that when needed. And if the talent is lower class, as this year has shown, then use it (as this year has also proven at times).

End of day R1 still ended up being the 4 one would expect, so, it can be done. But, definitely need to be able to close the recurring talent gap

On the west or south side. If we are going to look as though no other games....Brunswick has been used at least once. Going across the river makes no sense. Heck, it will take me 20 minutes just to get to 71 to get out of Ala....strongsville.. granted could have been no good options based on who offered to host. Just seems quite odd, but not as odd as 2 Geauga schools going to Boardman.

I do hear that Heinz Field is available

Brunswick? Brunswick is much further from both schools than Euclid. So is Strongsville. Heck, even Byers Field is further from both schools than Euclid. You do realize that many east siders attend these schools as well, right? You west siders are so weird about "crossing the river".

Brunswick? Brunswick is much further from both schools than Euclid. So is Strongsville. Heck, even Byers Field is further from both schools than Euclid. You do realize that many east siders attend these schools as well, right? You west siders are so weird about "crossing the river".
The students, alumni, and fans of both schools "tend" to live west of the schools. So the distances measured fromt he schools is just one way to look at it.

Westsider here, and I'll take Euclid over Brunswick all day. Back when more people attended the games, I'd prefer Byers - but now that capacity is seemingly no longer an issue, I'll take Euclid over Byers as well.

Forecast calling for rain, followed by celebratory beers at Muldoon's.

Certainly not crazy.

Ignatius can get back. It's all about talent level.

I would imagine another loss to Eagle High only makes it harder close that talent gap. Combined with losing the draw of playing for a legendary coach....(or has the lack of success in the last decade already been working against Kyle?)

Check the windshield wipers before making the trip on 90 Friday. Looks like the temp will be mid 50s for the game, rain chances taper off closer to kickoff. Looks like the big freeze won't be coming until early Saturday morning.

Tickets still available but I can't imagine they will be much longer. How many do we think went to the regular season game? I thought Byers was about 70-75% full which I presume is an easy sellout at Euclid. Maybe the weather is keeping people away and at home or the local pub instead.

I would imagine another loss to Eagle High only makes it harder close that talent gap. Combined with losing the draw of playing for a legendary coach....(or has the lack of success in the last decade already been working against Kyle?)
Probably a combination of both and more. Kids like to play for winners and like the 90s and beyond under Chico, kids see Lombardo winning.

No one has any idea what Frazinger will do. He needs to make his own mark.

There's really no question what the Eagles want to do in this game: run the damn ball. Can the Cats get off the field enough to give their offense a shot to win the game? They couldn't in week 7. Has enough changed since then? The Ignatius skill talent has been questioned, but I actually don't think it's that bad. They've won in the past with equal or less. To me, the glaring weakness is at linebacker, a position that has defined Ignatius defenses for as long as I can remember. I can't think of another team in the state that has produced better talent at that position in recent decades. If Bell and company consistently find their way into the secondary again, it's going to bode well for another victory.

It’ll be closer than their first contest is all I can say. Good luck to both teams. 😎👍🏻🔥💨💨

Hard to choose between a private power that won a bunch of championships... vs. a private power that won a bunch of championships, lol. But I'd be happy for Chico. And if Ed goes all the way I'll be happy we were the only team to beat them, somehow. Win-win. :)

Good luck to both.

There's really no question what the Eagles want to do in this game: run the damn ball. Can the Cats get off the field enough to give their offense a shot to win the game? They couldn't in week 7. Has enough changed since then? The Ignatius skill talent has been questioned, but I actually don't think it's that bad. They've won in the past with equal or less. To me, the glaring weakness is at linebacker, a position that has defined Ignatius defenses for as long as I can remember. I can't think of another team in the state that has produced better talent at that position in recent decades. If Bell and company consistently find their way into the secondary again, it's going to bode well for another victory.
Absolutely. The LB position is the key to the whole Ignatius defense. The program is lacking the difference makers at that position. Yes, the entire program, IMO.

Absolutely. The LB position is the key to the whole Ignatius defense. The program is lacking the difference makers at that position. Yes, the entire program, IMO.
Good LB play is the key to any defense. LBs should be making 80-90% of the tackles. Eds has been been fortunate to have some really good ones lately!

For me personally it has more to do with a work day at 7pm across town. Will make it happen but 730 Friday or back to 7 Saturdays would be nice (but I fully get the college games part as a huge college fan and alumnus)

I like Euclid Stadium but it makes no sense for this game. What's the process for choosing neutral sites? It should be fun regardless of where they play but can't help but be disappointed to trudge out there on a Friday night. Onto the game.

Ed's absolutely dominated St. Ignatius a month ago to the point where I think Iggy had to take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves what they wanted this year to be. Obviously it is their legendary coach's last year and they were stomped by their biggest rival in a way he made a habit of doing to pretty much everyone in the 1990s. I don't see Ignatius having the athletes or size to be able to stop St. Ed's from pushing them around or running by them. I feel the only way to a Wildcat victory would be for terrible windy weather with precipitation. This would mean an emphasis on running the ball and having Iggy load up the box while praying that Ed's turns the ball over. I do not think the Eagles will be cocky going into this, they have improved since that game too signature wins over Moeller and Hoban. The offense looks to be humming at level that was not the case at the beginning of the year and blocking the defense has been a nightmare for opposing teams.

The reward for a comeback of the ages is to face St. Ed's. Anything can happen but I just don't see them having the horses to score enough.
They are giving you the best sightlines, closest to the action venue for a classic match up. It's all good.