• Mason by 1-7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mason by 8-14

• Mason by >14

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wrong again. I provided the link for you, I already knew two students families, one 2 years ago, and another last year that used open enrollment to transfer to Mason. The first had already secured 20-30 D-1 offers as a soph and the second not nearly as talented will easily be all district this season. They both transferred to improve their athletic status/team (not football) That’s directly from their parents. Guess what? These star athletes had zero problems with open enrollment. And if a stud QB, ace pitcher, or one of the areas top strikers wanted to enroll, they would have zero problems as well. Would someone use open enrollment to play football at Mason- unlikely, not because open enrollment is hard, because Castner isn’t a good coach and has had limited success for all the resources at his disposal.
It seems-- from another poster (a Mason resident-- who says that Mason is NOT an open enrollment district!)-- that the special conditions that allow this are being the child of a Mason teacher-- if you are going to call that "open enrollment" then Wyoming has open enrollment too-- but that is NOT what I traditionally think of, when I think of an open enrollment school-- and it is NOT what most people on this forum mean, when they cite an open enrollment school.

I'd like to see the specific example of a "star athlete" who was allowed to enroll in Mason, from outside the district, who was NOT the child of a Mason School District teacher.

It seems-- from another poster (a Mason resident-- who says that Mason is NOT an open enrollment district!)-- that the special conditions that allow this are being the child of a Mason teacher-- if you are going to call that "open enrollment" then Wyoming has open enrollment too-- but that is NOT what I traditionally think of, when I think of an open enrollment school-- and it is NOT what most people on this forum mean, when they cite an open enrollment school.

I'd like to see the specific example of a "star athlete" who was allowed to enroll in Mason, from outside the district, who was NOT the child of a Mason School District teacher.
Correct. It is definitely how you view it.

As for your request of a specific example, think current Mason girls basketball team. I think you would find your answer.

You can send any rankings you want. Its all politcal based off of stars and offers. Look at the records of teams that come to play from out of state. We have had success.

I have seen Marshall play twice this year. He has been the best player on the field by far. Pretty sure he has an offer from most teams ranked in the Top 25 in the AP poll. Maybe we disagree on "generational talent" but I have a hard time remembering another running back with his skill in recent years in high school atleast which is what I was talking about. Maybe some other guys were bigger or faster but I love the way he has a nose for the endzone. Does the little things right. Great in pass protection and will do anything to help the team win. That is rare among guys of his talent level. Weird stuff happens in X vs Moe. I remember watching the 2011 game in nippert. Moe wins if they take care of the football. Thats why we play the game. I think if this Moeller team played anyone from Florida besides IMG, Moe wins based off physicality. Ohio is old school and continuously reverts to pounding the rock to win games. Other states dont do that. Colerain shoved it down peoples throats like someone mentioned above. Mater Dei and Bosco might be on another level. But i would guess itd be closer than you think.
Some fair points... I still I don't think Marshall will prove to be a "generational talent" at the next level-- any more than I think LW's QB will be able to play QB at the college Division I level (other than at a Service academy that runs the ball virtually all the time). We will see in 2-3 years. This Moeller team is NOT on par with the St. X teams of 2005-2007-- which featured an excellent RB (Ashley)-- I'd argue as good as Marshall-- who then went on to play at Louisville... he did not have a distinguished career there-- and Louisville is/was competing at a much lower level then (and now) than the top schools that Marshall is contemplating-- so the challenge will be even greater for Marshall (assuming he goes to one of those type schools, rather than UC)...

Those X teams could (and DID) compete with the out-of-state teams of that era, who compare with the IMG, Bosco, Mater Dei type teams of the current era-- and yet, the X running back who starred on those teams (who was able to perform well against those type teams of that era) did not have a great career in college, despite facing a lower level of competition than Marshall is considering taking on.

Some fair points... I still I don't think Marshall will prove to be a "generational talent" at the next level-- any more than I think LW's QB will be able to play QB at the college Division I level (other than at a Service academy that runs the ball virtually all the time). We will see in 2-3 years. This Moeller team is NOT on par with the St. X teams of 2005-2007-- which featured an excellent RB (Ashley)-- I'd argue as good as Marshall-- who then went on to play at Louisville... he did not have a distinguished career there-- and Louisville is/was competing at a much lower level then (and now) than the top schools that Marshall is contemplating-- so the challenge will be even greater for Marshall (assuming he goes to one of those type schools, rather than UC)...

Those X teams could (and DID) compete with the out-of-state teams of that era, who compare with the IMG, Bosco, Mater Dei type teams of the current era-- and yet, the X running back who starred on those teams (who was able to perform well against those type teams of that era) did not have a great career in college, despite facing a lower level of competition than Marshall is considering taking on.

What does this discussion have to do with how Marshall does in college? You are completely blinded by your distain of Moeller not to recognize this kid is easily one of the best HIGH SCHOOL running backs in Cincinnati in a long time. "Generational Talent" is spot on. Remember he is only a Junior.