Week 13 Neutral Sites

Why would it make sense for the state to rent a 20,000 seat stadium at an estimated cost of $15,000-$20,000 for a game that won’t fill half of the seats?
Probably because it's a neutral site between two teams in the same county? I mean I get you but you act like it haven't been done in the past. I just watched the 2002 Massillon v Perry game an it was played at Fawcett

Monroe is a pretty good neutral site. Miamisburg would be closest this game gets to south dayton.
Monroe is an hour for Shawnee and like 20 minutes for Wyoming. South/Southeast Dayton is more in the middle, but we’ve seen how neutral sites go previously.

Region 9 neutral site prediction.

OHSAA likely will assign sites that don’t even make sense but here is my prediction on where these two games should be played.

#5 Cleveland VASJ vs #1 Youngstown Ursuline: Ashtabula Lakeside (Most neutral location between the two schools)

#7 Chardon vs #3 Aurora: Euclid (Most neutral location between the two schools)

OHSAA likely will assign sites that don’t even make sense but here is my prediction on where these two games should be played.

#5 Cleveland VASJ vs #1 Youngstown Ursuline: Ashtabula Lakeside (Most neutral location between the two schools)

Can’t see Euclid hosting with their recent troubles.

Can’t see Euclid hosting with their recent troubles.
I will say this, Euclid PD is really good at what they do when they aren’t handcuffed themselves by City Hall. As long as they keep trouble out of the stadium, I can’t see why not? But we will see how it’s all handled when the pairings are officially announced.

Division II:
Anthony Wayne vs. Medina Highland - Sandusky

Division III:
Toledo Central Catholic vs. Mansfield Senior - Tiffin
Tiffin Columbian vs. Medina Buckeye - Huron

Division IV:
Perkins vs. West Holmes - Strongsville
Shelby vs. Glenville - Elyria

Division V:
Liberty Center vs. Oak Harbor - Perrysburg
Coldwater vs. Edison - Defiance

Division VI:
Columbus Grove vs. Carey - Findlay
Ottawa Hills vs. Bluffton - Bowling Green

Division VII:
Hopewell-Loudon vs. Patrick Henry - Fostoria
McComb vs. LCC - Ottawa-Glandorf
D V region 18 game Coldwater vs Edison no way Defiance Findlay is more likely that’s a heck of a drive for Edison 2-2.5 hrs on a bus

How difficult does it make that all games are on Friday. What does the OHSAA pay schools to host a game?

I'll take a shot at predictions on the NE Ohio side:

D1 R1
St Edward vs. Canton McKinley (Brunswick)
Medina vs. Cleveland Heights (Byers Field)

D2 R5
Walsh Jesuit vs Hudson (Twinsburg or Macedonia)
Hoban vs Riverside (Macedonia or Solon)

D3 R9
Chardon vs Aurora (Solon)
Ursuline vs VASJ (Mentor)

D3 R10
Tiffin Columbian vs Buckeye (Sandusky)

D4 R13
Lake Catholic vs Struthers (Ravenna, Solon, Macedonia or Hudson)
Canton South vs West Branch (Perry or Marlington)

D4 R14
Shelby vs Glenville (Medina or Ashland)

D5 R17
Kirtland vs Independence (Bedford)
South Range vs Clearview (Strongsville, Berkshire or Niles)

D6 R21
Mogadore vs Mineral Ridge (Ravenna or Salem)

Ed's and McKinley at Twinsburg?
Medina and Heights at Byers?
Hoban and Riverside at Maple Heights?
Hudson and Walsh at Nordonia?
Avon and Olmsted Falls at North Ridgeville?
I’m thinking Ed’s and McKinley at Byers and Heights and Medina at Lakewood.

In 2019, Aurora and Chardon played at Solon

Please don't put Wapakoneta and Badin in Trotwood!!! The visitor section is really small and Wapakoneta always has a huge crowd and most have had to stand last year. Need a stadium that has adequate stands for both sides!!

Please don't put Wapakoneta and Badin in Trotwood!!! The visitor section is really small and Wapakoneta always has a huge crowd and most have had to stand last year. Need a stadium that has adequate stands for both sides!!
the OHSAA loves putting Badin games in Trotwood

I would think that anyone who is still playing wouldn't want to host. That takes out places like Princeton, Mason and Lakota West

Ed's and McKinley at Twinsburg?
Medina and Heights at Byers?
Hoban and Riverside at Maple Heights?
Hudson and Walsh at Nordonia?
Avon and Olmsted Falls at North Ridgeville?
Chardon Aurora at Kenston or Solon?

Monroe is an hour for Shawnee and like 20 minutes for Wyoming. South/Southeast Dayton is more in the middle, but we’ve seen how neutral sites go previously.
with all games being in friday.. this game will get sent to a smaller school stadium. Monroe, Franklin, maybe even Wilmington. almost no chance it goes to Centerville or Beavercreek or even Springboro.

With where they're located, Great Lakes Cheese Stadium (Berkshire, in central Geauga county) is a virtual lock to get a game; question is which one.

I'll take a shot at predictions on the NE Ohio side:

D1 R1
St Edward vs. Canton McKinley (Brunswick)
Medina vs. Cleveland Heights (Byers Field)

D2 R5
Walsh Jesuit vs Hudson (Twinsburg or Macedonia)
Hoban vs Riverside (Macedonia or Solon)

D3 R9
Chardon vs Aurora (Solon)
Ursuline vs VASJ (Mentor)

D3 R10
Tiffin Columbian vs Buckeye (Sandusky)

D4 R13
Lake Catholic vs Struthers (Ravenna, Solon, Macedonia or Hudson)
Canton South vs West Branch (Perry or Marlington)

D4 R14
Shelby vs Glenville (Medina or Ashland)

D5 R17
Kirtland vs Independence (Bedford)
South Range vs Clearview (Strongsville, Berkshire or Niles)

D6 R21
Mogadore vs Mineral Ridge (Ravenna or Salem)
I don’t know if they’re willing, but either Mount Union or North Canton would make more sense for CS vs WB