Week 13: Kings (11-1) vs. Winton Woods (12-0) Round 2

Wow! That was intense!

I heard Coach Garvin give an interview the last couple days where he stressed not giving the ball away, not giving up unconventional scores as main parts of the game plan. They got a lead and stuck to that game plan uncompromisingly, not kicking deep, not throwing the ball the last ten minutes or so… It was tense to watch, but the defense somehow brought it home. He really trusts that D!

So glad to be seeing Anderson next week, so they can go back to being Kings - Airing it out and going for broke.

Congratulations on an amazing run by Winton Woods! This game should have been next week. Hopefully we’ll keep the belt in the ECC! I hope we can keep up with you guys in the post-Kocher/Mussari era.

WW had a great season. I felt like last years team had way more heart and wanted it more. It’s very hard to go undefeated and make a run in the playoffs. Hats off to kings showing up. Penalties killed WW as they have all season. Coach Murphy is doing an amazing job with these boys and I look toward to seeing him succeed even more in the future.

Im no expert when comes to refs but I do see a lot of missed calls. The one that stood out the most to me was the face mask when WW had a bad snap p
and Cam had to take off with it. The ref was right there and watched the Kings player pull him down by the face mask and didn’t throw it. That’s a game changer. WW has had penalties all year and it’s hurt them tremendously.

What was the deal with #3 WW after the game. I know emotions were very high. But if the rumors are true and a parent on the kings sideline told #3 to take his a** back to forest park. Then proceeded to go after #3 and swing on him as after some other words were exchanged. I caught the tail end of it as sheriffs were running over. Rumors were flying just want to clear it up. Anyone know anything?

What was the deal with #3 WW after the game. I know emotions were very high. But if the rumors are true and a parent on the kings sideline told #3 to take his a** back to forest park. Then proceeded to go after #3 and swing on him as after some other words were exchanged. I caught the tail end of it as sheriffs were running over. Rumors were flying just want to clear it up. Anyone know anything?

If it is true why is there a parents on sidelines of a playoff game no one should be aloud on field except press administrators officials coaches and players.

Thoughts?

WW had a great season. I felt like last years team had way more heart and wanted it more. It’s very hard to go undefeated and make a run in the playoffs. Hats off to kings showing up. Penalties killed WW as they have all season. Coach Murphy is doing an amazing job with these boys and I look toward to seeing him succeed even more in the future.

Im no expert when comes to refs but I do see a lot of missed calls. The one that stood out the most to me was the face mask when WW had a bad snap p
and Cam had to take off with it. The ref was right there and watched the Kings player pull him down by the face mask and didn’t throw it. That’s a game changer. WW has had penalties all year and it’s hurt them tremendously.

If it is true why is there a parents on sidelines of a playoff game no one should be aloud on field except press administrators officials coaches and players.

Thoughts?
I heard a player from Winton Woods went over to confront one of the injured Kings players who was with his dad on the sideline after the game.

Thoughts?
First, off Kings deserved to win. They were the better team last night. The penalty that stood out to me was the second sideline infraction, I was on the WW sideline and the ref that called the infraction said the WW players from the sideline stepped on the field to get the ball. The ball was on the white painted area on the sideline.
All I can tell you there were SOME pretty drunk Kings fans at the game. And a few weren’t very nice.Aa we were walking to the locker room, I witnessed some of it and that’s all I will say about it.
Again, King’s is a hell of a team and that’s why they won. They definitely wanted it more.

WW picked the wrong game and wrong team to be lackluster. I could tell from the beginning Kings had our number.
WW didn’t play well against lasalle
WW didn’t play well against Ross
Instead of going forward, WW seemed to be going backwards the last few fs

WW offensive line was terrible, got manhandled
WW QB was very inaccurate, as I stated a few weeks ago
Our young DBs got torched early and often by a veteran QB
But WE ARE WW, it’s not the end, we know we’ll be back next year with great talent and will most likely playing kings.

oh by the way, can someone explain how kings or any team can go almost the entire game without a penalty. I think that is awesome that a team can play perfect football and not even have ONE penalty until 6 or 7 minutes in the forth qtr.
WOW, that is great discipline for any team.

Go Warriors
I was concerned after the Ross contest and going away from what they do best.
WW has always had penalty issues. They did cut it back the penalties to 10 for 80 yards so it was an improvement.
Kings was the better team in this contest.

As a parent and someone who knows what was going on. There were quite a few distractions tht we couldn't overcome this game. I know for a fact because my son was a distraction last week & he didn't play at all & he shouldn't have played. 1st game when guarding #5 he had 1 catch vs #2 but in life there are rules that ppl have to adhere to & when you break those rules, you have to pay the consequences. Once the coaching staff has to deal with all the off the field stuff the week of the game, the teams preparation may be off. It was just too many things this week and eventually it caught up with us. Trust me they'll be back!

As a parent and someone who knows what was going on. There were quite a few distractions tht we couldn't overcome this game. I know for a fact because my son was a distraction last week & he didn't play at all & he shouldn't have played. 1st game when guarding #5 he had 1 catch vs #2 but in life there are rules that ppl have to adhere to & when you break those rules, you have to pay the consequences. Once the coaching staff has to deal with all the off the field stuff the week of the game, the teams preparation may be off. It was just too many things this week and eventually it caught up with us. Trust me they'll be back!
Glad to hear a parent supporting a coach's decision for team discipline, that is rare these days.

I'm also glad to hear Coach Murphy is putting team discipline and accountability over winning. That is even more rare these days.

Kudos to you for your support and hats off to the coaching staff for not sacrificing player accountability. This will pay off dividends in the future for these young men.

Glad to hear a parent supporting a coach's decision for team discipline, that is rare these days.

I'm also glad to hear Coach Murphy is putting team discipline and accountability over winning. That is even more rare these days.

Kudos to you for your support and hats off to the coaching staff for not sacrificing player accountability. This will pay off dividends in the future for these young men.
Not True

Now seeing Calhoun decommitted yesterday so I'm sure tht was something on Murphys plate that he didn't want to have to address at this time. I'm sure Coombs & Fickell were wondering what is going on. Kings was the better team and deserved to win because obviously they remained focused during the week whereas our focus wasn't there because they had to deal with issues. Now secondly I'm all for competing but the level these kids stoop too, just to gain an advantage is getting crazy. Players & students trolling players ig pages & found out one of our players lost his dad bout 10 yrs ago & they were yelling "F ur daddy" on the field tht leads to him being told to take ur back to forest park by a parent standing on the sidelines. I played in GCL coming up so I know how kids try to get under your skin but these new student sections are taking things a bit too far.