Week 13: Division III Region 9 Semifinal #3 Ursuline Fighting Irish (10-2) vs #2 Canfield Cardinals (10-1)

Is Canfield going to get a chance to avenge their loss to Chardon last year or will the Irish get a

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does this weather help/hurt either team? I know Ursuline is a run first team, but how does this affect Canfield?
Canfield has a good passing QB but prefers to run, but will pass if they need to. The weather should not really help or hurt either team any more than the other.

Canfield was on Ursuline's initial schedule last season. But the Cardinals denied there was any such agreement. Not sure what that was about.
I am not sure, Canfield might have only wanted to play a one off at Canfield, and Ursuline might have wanted a home and home.

Why? Ursuline's biggest strength on offense this year is their OL.
If it’s raining at a good steady clip, it probably keeps those Ursuline playmakers on offense grounded a bit. Combine that with fairly good special teams from Canfield, a good run defense and that’s a recipe Canfield can win with. Not saying should, but can.

If it’s raining at a good steady clip, it probably keeps those Ursuline playmakers on offense grounded a bit. Combine that with fairly good special teams from Canfield, a good run defense and that’s a recipe Canfield can win with. Not saying should, but can.
The Ursuline backfield isn't that fast this year, unless they put Ferrell in at QB.

Doesn't sound right. The Irish scheduled back-to-back games with Poland a while back and both were played at Poland. Ursuline was just glad to get a local opponent.
The other possibility is the Ursuline AD thought he could convince the Canfield AD to change his mind but was unsuccessful.

The Ursuline backfield isn't that fast this year, unless they put Ferrell in at QB.
The forecast up until yesterday was for the ran to kind of stop right around the start of the game. WFMJ has it going well into the 2nd half now. Would be interesting to know how closely the respective coaching staffs are watching that forecast, and adjusting accordingly, if at all.

They will play Friday. Too many logistical problems moving games. Venues, officials, volunteers, concessions…. Would be a nightmare switching 24 hours before kickoff.
Well what would happen if it was thunderstorms and lightning all night, they would have to be moved to the next day. They are predicting over 5 inches of rain now, it will be totally unsafe to play I would think

Well what would happen if it was thunderstorms and lightning all night, they would have to be moved to the next day. They are predicting over 5 inches of rain now, it will be totally unsafe to play I would think
May not even rain in the 2nd half

Attachments

• 7A798A40-EF5C-4A26-9622-F98230EEA5BC.png
    7A798A40-EF5C-4A26-9622-F98230EEA5BC.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 19
We shall see. The OSHAA won't be happy about tomorrow night. Very few people will go to games
And as previously mentioned I won't go because it is in Niles, and I will be in Shaker Heights tomorrow for work until around 5:30 PM so won't get home until like 6:45. Haha

And as previously mentioned I won't go because it is in Niles, and I will be in Shaker Heights tomorrow for work until around 5:30 PM so won't get home until like 6:45. Haha
It is not about what you're doing. It is about people don't even go to high school football games on a perfect weather night, let alone what is going to go down for tomorrow

It’s November in Northeast Ohio. Anyone shocked at unpredictable weather is unrealistic. There’s a reason why most Ohio State Champions run the ball more than pass in this state.

That said, looking forward to this game. Two current perennial powers, public vs. private, and unpredictable weather, which adds up to a possible classic. Good luck to both teams, and hopefully Chardon’s awaiting the winner (not so sure on that though).

It is not about what you're doing. It is about people don't even go to high school football games on a perfect weather night, let alone what is going to go down for tomorrow
“People” are miserable depressed at present You can feel it everywhere, only kids don’t notice. Schooling has become sketchy Nationally, I’ll leave it at that.
Society have way bigger things to worry about. I would call it a mixed bag between stadiums being a surveillance state with cameras watching, aging population, burned out parents and grandparents, but the biggest by far is games on Internet. They should put a total of viewers up during the game. I’m sure it’s way more than in stadiums and from all over the country.
Work 40 to 60 hrs a week , add practice, after school band or other sports, plays, cookie, candy , candles, pep clubs etc etc etc. Sad thing is in my area the bands sell and go on cruises or trips across country. The Team goes home and starts practicing for next year or basketball. Parents and fans don’t have the time or energy to fight traffic, wait in lines, but $5 hotdogs + tickets. When they can eat at home, get on their phone and put the game on their TV while posting on message boards. Times have changed, football has changed, how much your being videotaped and watched has changed. Smiles are not as easy. The Schools used to do things during school, nowadays it’s after school, going home and needing a ride back to school and picked up again. When ppl get a break they want a stress free break. Maybe if things ever slightly go backwards and slow down hs football attendance will come back. Maybe not.