Week 13: D-III Region 9 Semi-Final #4 Canfield Cardinals (11-1) vs #1 Chardon Hilltoppers (12-0)

Who wins this rematch from week 10 last year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The old "D7" thing cracks me up. Anyone who has ever competed at any sport at any level would trade anything to have a state championship ring, regardless of division it was won in. Anyone who says different is either lying or is just a beta human being who loves being mediocre. But at least you got a beautiful stadium.
I see you avoided the part about hating Girard and Hubbard on ICBM and my post. How convenient to side step and/or avoid that subject totally... ?

JFK is a private school in the weakest region in D7. There's no reason they shouldn't win it all or atleast make semis every season..
The winner of the "weakest" region has played for 6 of the 8 state titles in D7s existence. This is just another nonsense comment.

The winner of the "weakest" region has played for 6 of the 8 state titles in D7s existence. This is just another nonsense comment.
We all know Kennedy is not a D-7 drawing from 100,000. I'll take them facts anytime. Should win every year except when they play Hubbard-lol

Wonder if this ended up in Chardon’s locker room lol

Attachments

• 422ECA9A-B0A8-48CA-B372-FD008C7E7D05.png
    422ECA9A-B0A8-48CA-B372-FD008C7E7D05.png
    681.2 KB · Views: 24
For some reason I don’t think it’s a matter of need…. This week has been a particularly focused week, look for a statement game from CHARDON this week…….
Same point. I was saying I think it will be a game where starters could get rested and won’t need to play the entire game.

Question answered. Looming over practice yesterday. If you think stuff like this doesn’t matter, and doesn’t have an impact(especially high school kids) you’re an idiot. Just saying.

Attachments

• 7F42A6DE-ED71-46E4-AA6E-D1E3F56038AF.png
    7F42A6DE-ED71-46E4-AA6E-D1E3F56038AF.png
    783.9 KB · Views: 39
We all know Kennedy is not a D-7 drawing from 100,000. I'll take them facts anytime. Should win every year except when they play Hubbard-lol
No ties to JFK or anything, but these are lame arguments. We ignoring the fact that Hubbard gets the Youngstown kids quite frequently? Lets go Cards!

Question answered. Looming over practice yesterday. If you think stuff like this doesn’t matter, and doesn’t have an impact(especially high school kids) you’re an idiot. Just saying.
I cant believe it! They want revenge for a team that beat them!?!?

But if you think it matters to Chardon I can make the same argument for Canfield. If those kids pass that sign you don't think that gets them pumped?

I cant believe it! They want revenge for a team that beat them!?!?

But if you think it matters to Chardon I can make the same argument for Canfield. If those kids pass that sign you don't think that gets them pumped?
That's common sense man. Every team/person wants revenge on someone that beat them.

They had that same motivation without the sign. Now you put the sign up and pass some motivation the other way. If you don't get it, there is no possible way, no matter how much time I wasted that I could possibly explain it to you.

We all know you can take projections with a grain of salt. An even bigger grain of salt when projecting year to year. But I did it anyway. Calpreps says Chardon 2020 would beat Chardon 2021 28-22. Canfield 2020 would beat Canfield 2021 17-16.

We all know you can take projections with a grain of salt. An even bigger grain of salt when projecting year to year. But I did it anyway. Calpreps says Chardon 2020 would beat Chardon 2021 28-22. Canfield 2020 would beat Canfield 2021 17-16.
I’m not one to look into the future and speculate but……. 2021 CHARDON team is full of Sophomores and Juniors….. last week we had to take the JV squad out as they were still scoring in a playoff game and literally put in the Freshman on the last series……. A projection of 6 points between the state Champ squad and this one…. Future looks bright! I may have to wear shades…..?

Chardon and Canfield are very much alike. Two communities whose kids have been playing together since they were little. Hard nosed coaching staffs that have been together for a while who produce kids that know the game is about winning collisions. Systems that kids believe in and are willing to embrace in order to "win as a team." Friday night should be a lot of fun. Of course, winning is always more fun than losing.

Anyone who predicts Chardon in a landslide may be suprised by Canfield’s speed, athleticism, physicality & passion. This is a very very very good team. One of the top 2 defenses in d3, and the best QB in d3. They have enough to win this game, and i’m sure they have more than enough motivation to do it. Is Chardon the favorite? Yeah, 10 times out of 10. Can Canfield win this game and look like they do belong in the same conversation as Chardon? Certainly