Week 12: D-III Region 9 #5 Hubbard Eagles (10-1) at the #4 Canfield Cardinals (10-1)

Who wins this rematch from 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's crazy. I'd sooner go the way of the MAC schools and eliminate youth program all together until 7th grade. I'm assuming if there is a kid in 7th grade that is very physically mature for that age, they play with the 8th grade team? Or do they really put a man-child of a 7th grader against 6th graders from other schools? Sounds dangerous, or at least unfair
While, I definitely respect the MAC, and not getting into the argument of pro/con football I think every area is totally different. As for local teams, Canfield 7th grade had no kid who was a man child, they do have good lines physical and every kid does their job, and have a stud at every skill position QB, RB, WR & TE and on defense have the same at LB, & secondary. Now the 8th grade has a big line with true road graders and talent in the skill positions as well…

They were in the same league for years, after Covid Canfield went to a different league because the league they were in canceled the season in 2020. Both leagues have ups and downs, part of the problem with Hubbard current youth league is Hubbard plays 7th graders majority of local teams do not put 7th graders on youth program where Hubbard does. Not saying it’s good or bad, but made it hard for Canfield and others to compete vs Hubbard in the league where it was 6th graders vs 6th & 7th graders. As for junior high, Canfield both teams this yr were undefeated 7th (who went 8-0) and (8th who went 8-0-1 tying Alliance) both teams pretty much ran through every local team. I don’t think the starters for 7th grade only finished 1 game, and were out by halftime or early 3rd qtr most of the games.
The league Canfield is in stops at 6th grade, same with the Struthers hardhats, I think it’s good then you’re able to field a 7th and 8th grade team for the middle school.

usually Struthers only has one middle school game against Hubbard and Nile’s because they have one team because a majority of 7th graders play on the youth team still

The Poland game, I watched lowry take over the end of the game, he started putting his shoulder down for 8-9 yards a pop. He’s the real deal, the bigger RB they have is very solid as well

WGH had 6 players make 1st team also. But had a 5-6 record.
Seems pointless to pick all league players for leagues with only 4 or 5 members, and they don't even play each other.
I didn't realize the AAC still existed for Football since Canfield doesn't play Harding and Howland doesn't play Fitch or Harding.

Seems pointless to pick all league players for leagues with only 4 or 5 members, and they don't even play each other.
I didn't realize the AAC still existed for Football since Canfield doesn't play Harding and Howland doesn't play Fitch or Harding.
Also every teams QB made first team, except Howland's. Lol

Also every teams QB made first team, except Howland's. Lol
Being named all league for the AAC is meaningless anyways. It is kind of like being named all SVC when there was only like a few schools left as well. I think the last year it was Mooney, Ursuline and 2 YCS.

Being named all league for the AAC is meaningless anyways. It is kind of like being named all SVC when there was only like a few schools left as well. I think the last year it was Mooney, Ursuline and 2 YCS.
I'm not saying you're wrong. They still have it, so it is what it is.

1994 Hubbard @ Canfield throw back. Complete game.

Hubbard won 9-6
Just watched the whole game (about an hour). Hubbard stopped the Cardinals inside Hubbard 20 to end the game. Jason Diaz had a 42-yard FG with 6:40 left in game to win it. Jabrae Perry had 6 catches for 57 yards and an interception. QB Mark Smith scored on a five-yard run with 2:45 left in first half.
Maybe Jabrae can play catch with one of the prison guards.
Thanks for posting this, sportster4321.

Just watched the whole game (about an hour). Hubbard stopped the Cardinals inside Hubbard 20 to end the game. Jason Diaz had a 42-yard FG with 6:40 left in game to win it. Jabrae Perry had 6 catches for 57 yards and an interception. QB Mark Smith scored on a five-yard run with 2:45 left in first half.
Glad you enjoyed it Roberto. It was a good one. Always enjoyed occasionally rewatching highlights/games of past years. Wonder if Diaz is still coaching anywhere. I know he was at Hubbard under Hoffman for a couple years.

HUBBARD WINS IN A CLOSE GAME 35-28 . . . . . . . . . . . . . #GOFOR200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . .#124WINS

START NEXT WEEKS THREAD ALREADY . . . . . . . . . . .

CAFFEY WILL BE CHOO CHOOING TOO THE ENDZONE WAY TO MANY TIMES FOR THE CARDINALS TO HANDLE

Found 1993 as well. A 12-0 Canfield win in Hubbard.

HUBBARD WINS IN A CLOSE GAME 35-28 . . . . . . . . . . . . . #GOFOR200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . .#124WINS

START NEXT WEEKS THREAD ALREADY . . . . . . . . . . .

CAFFEY WILL BE CHOO CHOOING TOO THE ENDZONE WAY TO MANY TIMES FOR THE CARDINALS TO HANDLE

This is why Hubbard gets ripped by people

It’s HS football, I’m not going to rip any team (or fans for being passionate) I think in 3 weeks any of the 8 teams maybe with the exception of Streetsboro can win this region and no one would be blown away. I’d agree Canfield is the favorite in this game, and I’d say some of that is from their schedule, Dover and Fitch are the 2 best teams either team played. Also for local people Canfield score vs Fitch and Hubbard vs South Range carry a lot of recent weight. Does that mean Hubbard can’t or won’t win, No. However if they both play how they did in the mentioned game Canfield will win, but that doesn’t mean they will. Being a Canfield fan, I like this team, defense, coaches, & with Broc at QB I feel confident. None of that means they’re going to win. Hubbard is a good team & TC is a beast and I’d take him on my team, I just feel they’re a bit too 1 dimensional, but that’s why they play the game.

It's a new account. Obviously the Hubbard posters who are regulars on here respect Canfield, and know Hubbard is a underdog who would has to play their best game of the season for four quarters to have a chance. I like the confidence. Don't like the cockiness.
A 7 POINT HUBBARD WIN IS COCKINESS ? ? . . . . . . .

OK HUBBARD LOSES BY 14 BECAUSE THEY ARE THE UNDERDOGS, SO AUTOMATIC LOSS.

GO CARDS!!

It's a new account. Obviously the Hubbard posters who are regulars on here respect Canfield, and know Hubbard is a underdog who would has to play their best game of the season for four quarters to have a chance. I like the confidence. Don't like the cockiness.
NEW ACCOUNT?? BETTER GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE DATE THIS ACCOUNT WAS JOINED. . . . . . . . . .

:p

Glad you enjoyed it Roberto. It was a good one. Always enjoyed occasionally rewatching highlights/games of past years. Wonder if Diaz is still coaching anywhere. I know he was at Hubbard under Hoffman for a couple years.
His parents sat in front of me for a few years. He was teaching and coaching at Labrae but don't know if he still is.

A 7 POINT HUBBARD WIN IS COCKINESS ? ? . . . . . . .

OK HUBBARD LOSES BY 14 BECAUSE THEY ARE THE UNDERDOGS, SO AUTOMATIC LOSS.

GO CARDS!!
No absolutely nothing wrong with predicting a win. Like I said, I like the confidence. I was referring to saying "start next weeks thread". But no complaints from me. That's what this board is for. I hope your right.

Last edited:
It’s probably that weird barstool Hubbard kid

Think was looking at where it says. “New Member” by your name. But I’m just guessing.
No absolutely nothing wrong with predicting a win. Like I said, I like the confidence. I was referring to saying "start next weeks thread". But no complaints from me. That's what this board is for. I hope your right
Yappi is weird bc he’s been here since 2018.

also nothing wrong with predicting a win if it’s not against Hubbard. If it is. Tears

Yappi is weird bc he’s been here since 2018.

also nothing wrong with predicting a win if it’s not against Hubbard. If it is. Tears
Guys only got 15 posts. I assume the slotting of new member, member and so on goes by the number of posts. The “start a new thread” was annoying. ?