Week 12: Cincinnati Deer Park (4-7) @ Coldwater (9-2)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was watching the MSML game so I didn't see Coldwater vs Delphos. Did Coldwater just check out mentally and move on to week two of the playoffs once they got up 28-0? Sometimes you let a team get some momentum and next thing you know you're in a fight. I don't think Coldwater has a bad defense. Only gave up 3 points to MSML in the 2nd half and held New Bremen to 14 total. I'd expect the Cavs to be ok moving forward.
Just before the halftime sequence:

Coldwater up 28-0 had the ball at the DJ 17 and threw an INT in the endzone

Jefferson went 95 yards over just under 7 minutes and got on the board with a 6 yard td pass at 53.6 until half

Coldwater tried to run a screen at their own 37 that got picked off and returned to their 8

Jefferson QB ran in from 4 yards out with 25.3 left

Coldwater tried a wr reverse but the toss was lost and recovered by Jefferson at the CW 36 ----- two incomplete passes and a 21 yard pass just before the half sent the game into the break.

Jefferson scored on their first 3 possessions of the second half using 20 plays, Coldwater did the same on just 9 plays (one drive had 1 play). Jefferson's last possession went 85 yards but they turned it over on downs and CW ran for 40 yards and killed the clock

I fully expect this game to not be very close, but in the season as a entirety Coldwater has not played to the level that I believe is required to win this region. Capable of it, certainly. Just seldom does an underperforming team, by their own standards, suddenly turn it around and get the kinks worked out. If I were betting, I'd take the field (actually only Mechanicsburg seems likely to be a serious threat) vs Coldwater to win this region.

Last edited:
Just before the halftime sequence:

Coldwater up 28-0 had the ball at the DJ 17 and threw an INT in the endzone

Jefferson went 95 yards over just under 7 minutes and got on the board with a 6 yard td pass at 53.6 until half

Coldwater tried to run a screen at their own 37 that got picked off and returned to their 8

Jefferson QB ran in from 4 yards out with 25.3 left

Coldwater tried a wr reverse but the toss was lost and recovered by Jefferson at the CW 36 ----- two incomplete passes and a 21 yard pass just before the half sent the game into the break.

Jefferson scored on their first 3 possessions of the second half using 20 plays, Coldwater did the same on just 9 plays (one drive had 1 play). Jefferson's last possession went 85 yards but they turned it over on downs and CW ran for 40 yards and killed the clock
And there you have it. Any rumors of demise are greatly exaggerated!!

Seems like when CW struggles in a game lot of it has to do with turnovers - CW does not have a good enough defense to overcome those miscues - 4 vs SH, DSJ not sure, DJ sounds like CW had several, ML just 1 but it led to a Flyer td. Quit turning the football over, and the Cavs might be undefeated.

Seems like when CW struggles in a game lot of it has to do with turnovers - CW does not have a good enough defense to overcome those miscues - 4 vs SH, DSJ not sure, DJ sounds like CW had several, ML just 1 but it led to a Flyer td. Quit turning the football over, and the Cavs might be undefeated.
Our turnover margin is something like -10

All any team can ask for is to still be playing in week 12.

I'm thankful for another week.

If we get to week 13 then we will be thankful for that as well, but if the season should end we will appreciate the season, cheer on any MAC teams who move on andook forward to next year.

Hi WingTfan.
And fire Otten.

Cincinnati area teams have historically not faired well when in Cavalier Country Having made that trip several times myself it’s a long haul. It’s an even longer trip back after a beat down. Running Clock this game

I fully expect this game to not be very close, but in the season as a entirety Coldwater has not played to the level that I believe is required to win this region. Capable of it, certainly. Just seldom does an underperforming team, by their own standards, suddenly turn it around and get the kinks worked out. If I were betting, I'd take the field (actually only Mechanicsburg seems likely to be a serious threat) vs Coldwater to win this region.
Coldwater wins region#24 they’ll come around