Week 12: #6 Austintown Fitch (7-3) vs #3 Hoban (8-3)

I hear Shane Hamm will be doing the coin toss for this one. Hoban stole Hamm from Austintown 5 years ago. Fitch makes them pay..... for maybe a quarter. Hoban to strong in the end. Hoban 42-17

This is going to be tough. Hoban is just huge. Their three losses were to teams that just had better talent. I think we need to just bring five guys every time. Go man to man on the receivers and bring it. Make Hoban beat your through the air. We need to send more guys than they can block. The problem is on offense we are going to have a tough time blocking those guys. They are massive and fast. This is where an offense like the wing-t helps. You could use angle blocks and pulling guards to take guys out. Trying to go straight up on these guys is going to be tough. I just don't think we have the interior linemen to contain them, and our offense is not tricky enough to keep them off balance. Sherwood is often the guy who just makes plays. He's not going to be able to just run around and make plays with his feet when things break down. If we were at full strength with Oliver, Byrd, and James playing, I would be more confident, but we are not even close to full strength. I will say that the young sophomores we have playing are now seasoned and ready to go. They are all starting to play well, but this team is huge and loaded. We are going to need Parker to come up with a wrinkle in the offense that keeps Hoban guessing who has the ball, and the offense we run doesn't have that. These kids do need to watch video of the year we beat Iggy. There is no way we should have won that game, but we did. Ignatius could never figure out the counter. They just kept over running everything. We need that kind of deception.

If the injury bug didn't hit Fitch's key players, I was looking for Fitch to be the favorite in the region. Now this is a team that needs to come together and play the perfect game to beat Hoban. Upset special coming......

If the injury bug didn't hit Fitch's key players, I was looking for Fitch to be the favorite in the region. Now this is a team that needs to come together and play the perfect game to beat Hoban. Upset special coming......
Tall order for sure. But hoping maybe??

Prediction: Archbishop Hoban 42 Austintown-Fitch 27

I want Fitch to win too and they can pull the upset, but that^ is probably the line. Agree w/ falquin and others to sell out against Sperling then simply tip your hat if someone else beats you. Easier said than done against GREAT backs they always seem to get their yards no matter what. Good Luck Falcons!!!

With all due respect, you could have mentioned that along with your prediction in your post. Because it read differently.
Well I always give my prediction regardless of bias. For future reference, I root for Fitch to win except when they play Canfield or Cardinal Mooney (my parents and many of my relatives are alumini). I especially root for Fitch anytime they play the Tigers or Big Red.

If Sherwood comes out and puts up good numbers against this team, YSU better offer him because they need help. I know he's not that big, but I remember a QB from Boardman name Ryan who was a little smaller but a gamer and led YSU to a NC appearance. Sherwood plays a lot bigger than he is because he has DI talent in a DII-DIII body, but he is much better than most QBs out there.

If Sherwood comes out and puts up good numbers against this team, YSU better offer him because they need help. I know he's not that big, but I remember a QB from Boardman name Ryan who was a little smaller but a gamer and led YSU to a NC appearance. Sherwood plays a lot bigger than he is because he has DI talent in a DII-DIII body, but he is much better than most QBs out there.
No doubt. Agree completely with ya.

Sounds nice but will be a tall order. I just don't think we are strong and physical enough up front to challenge Hobans O line on a consistent basis. Might help if we didn't have 2 three year starters out for season on D. Will need offense to be balanced and aggressive enough to stay in the game.

I think YSU has signed Beau Brungard from Springfield, he is very very good. Remember his dad Mark won YSU some titles. Anyway good luck to Fitch.
A step in the right direction, but playing who Sherwood has played against and what he has done should get him more looks than Brungard. He is a beast but playing Massillon vs. Berlin Western Reserve is a completely different level of competition.

A step in the right direction, but playing who Sherwood has played against and what he has done should get him more looks than Brungard. He is a beast but playing Massillon vs. Berlin Western Reserve is a completely different level of competition.
Absolutely