Week 11: Massillon Perry (4-6) @ Massillon (8-1)

Sounds like a great young lady with a good head on her shoulder. Congrats. So what is your problem with how other school run their sports and music programs? Quite obviously Massillon Washington has the support of their community for both the football team and the band. They must be doing something right.

Earlier in the thread I mentioned being a WHS Alum and fan. It’s possible to both be from Massillon And have a daughter that goes to Perry and care about both.

I appreciate the apology from the young man. That I respect. And I get that sometimes in the heat of the battle teenagers are going to do dumb sh/t. Now 74 and most of all to me is the Head Coach if he has any class about him.
There is a lot to be said for kids in competition in the middle of a game decisions and being mature enough to own up to things like that.

Earlier in the thread I mentioned being a WHS Alum and fan. It’s possible to both be from Massillon And have a daughter that goes to Perry and care about both.
So why knock Washington about their band game day routines?
"I went to a Perry game to watch my kid play in band this year, it’s like someone cut and paste a collage of every “hey that’s cool” trope from any college game or even mlb (think walking out to enter sandman, sweet Caroline, etc) and shoved it into HS football stadium."
Yes, it is cool what they do. The fans enjoy it and you can tell the band kids are having a good time too. I would think as a graduate you would take pride in your alma maters traditions.

So why knock Washington about their band game day routines?
"I went to a Perry game to watch my kid play in band this year, it’s like someone cut and paste a collage of every “hey that’s cool” trope from any college game or even mlb (think walking out to enter sandman, sweet Caroline, etc) and shoved it into HS football stadium."
Yes, it is cool what they do. The fans enjoy it and you can tell the band kids are having a good time too. I would think as a graduate you would take pride in your alma maters traditions.
I didn’t say anything about Massillon‘s band game day routines

my comment was about Perry being a community that needs to find an identity and embrace it.

On thing I’ve said 100 times is Perry is so busy hating Massillon and even trying to be the opposite of Massillon that they dont realize there is a ton they can learn from their neighbor that would help them.

Last edited:
I didn’t say anything about Massillon‘s band game day routines

my comment was about Perry being a community that needs to find an identity and embrace it.

On thing I’ve said 100 times is Perry is so busy hating Massillon and even trying to be the opposite of Massillon that they dont realize there is a ton they can learn from their neighbor that would help them.
You are 100% on this and this has also affected the mentality of the Federal League they are going down the same path

Desert Dilemma 29102022135735.jpg

You’ve been dogging Massillon and the Moore’s for years. Today doesn’t absolve you of anything you’ve ranted about in past unless you want to apologize for all of that now.
Nothing to apologize for, my opinion of Nate Moore as a coach hasn’t changed.

Nothing to apologize for, my opinion of Nate Moore as a coach hasn’t changed.

That’s why you’re an idiot. This goof said Moore needed to be fired his 2nd year. On top of all the wins and McK dominance later he brought team gpa to 3.55. And doesn’t flip anyone off like your hero. We don’t claim you or your garbage website you ran everyone off of.

Last edited:
That’s why your an idiot. This goof said Moore needed to be fired his 2nd year. On top of all the wins and McK dominance later he brought team gpa to 3.55. And doesn’t flip anyone off like your hero. We don’t claim you or your garbage website you ran everyone off of.
I‘m sure my opinion of him, which I haven’t stated but you’ve felt free to assume, means as much to him as your opinion of me means to me…

absolutely nothing.

McK dominance later he brought team gpa to 3.55. And doesn’t flip anyone off like your hero. We don’t claim you or your garbage website you ran everyone off of.

Great GPA but we have had better, there is room for improvement.

Jason Hall's 2007 team had a 3.819 tops in the state.

That’s why your an idiot. This goof said Moore needed to be fired his 2nd year. On top of all the wins and McK dominance later he brought team gpa to 3.55. And doesn’t flip anyone off like your hero. We don’t claim you or your garbage website you ran everyone off of.
Their (spize and his yes men) criticism of Nate is fine....it's their opinion and they're entitled to it....as stupid as it is. Their criticism and dragging through the mud of Becca was/is pretty sad, but hey....they said it all on his site so....only about 10 people have seen it.

Great GPA but we have had better, there is room for improvement.

Jason Hall's 2007 team had a 3.819 tops in the state.
I'll take .3 less if....

Coach isn't flipping off opposing fans.
We aren't having multiple (or any) players shot.
Our kids aren't stomping opposing players in frustration.
Coach isn't getting DUI's leaving strip clubs.
Coach isn't forcing any players to eat pork.

Score wise, the game was closer than I expected it to be.

Someone mentioned earlier that Perry needs an identity, and I fully agree. You’ve got to be all in with any sport program at the high school level if you want to be elite outside of a handful of times every 10-20 years.

There’s talented athletes in the district that could more than likely contribute at skill positions. The problem is, do they really want to hand off 35 times a game and maybe have 25 pass attempts all season? Probably not. Do potential WR’s want to throw blocks at the same ratio? Definitely not. Make the offense exciting and resemble something halfway modern. Despite belief inside Perry Township, you can throw a ton out of the wing t and be successful. I’m not sure if my kids were solid at a skill position and wanted to play football that I’d keep them in district, especially if they had desire to play at the next level (unless they’re RB’s).

Scheduling, scheduling, scheduling. I’ve mentioned it before, but especially in todays 16 team format where you can go 3-7 in some cases and get in, there’s no excuse for not playing top talent when available in out of conference games. No offense to CCC, Louisville, Akron East, etc but if you want you boys ready for big time games, they need to actually play in big time games.. not the same fed schedule they’ve played since middle school. Scheduling a Massillon, Hoban, Hudson, Avon, TCC or two wouldn’t hurt a thing, and the big matchups would likely draw some interest from the kids too.

Let’s be honest, the program is taking its lumps and has been for a few years now. If there’s going to be a change, may as well do it now and start building.

Congrats Massillon on the win, good luck and stay healthy the rest of the way.

I'll take .3 less if....

Coach isn't flipping off opposing fans.
We aren't having multiple (or any) players shot.
Our kids aren't stomping opposing players in frustration.
Coach isn't getting DUI's leaving strip clubs.
Coach isn't forcing any players to eat pork.

So you think JASON HALL did the above ?