Week 10: Trinity Catholic (Ocala FL)

ReLoad

The Bombers (5-4) welcome the Trinity Catholic Celtics (2-5) to RDI Stadium this Friday for the usual 7pm kickoff.

Celtics (2-5): lost to Clearwater Central Catholic 35-10, beat Gainesville 49-7, lost to Carrollwood Day 28-21, lost to Raines 27-26, lost to Florida State University 31-28, lost to Calvary Christian 31-3, Central Florida Christian Academy forfeit

TC's week 1 and week 2 games were cancelled due to Covid outbreak (good Lord) and last weeks game was forfeited by CFCA whose coach had resigned last season due to findings of use of an ineligible player

Last year the Celtics finished 9-3 and lost in the 1S State finals 21-3 to First Baptist Academy score
At season’s end they were the 71st ranked team in the state of Florida

Offense (returns 9 starters)
QB Preston Wright Jr. 6’2” 184lb (ranked 9th best QB in state of FL)
RB Jamarkus Starkes Sr. 5’10” 170lb
WR Gerald “Juice” Lawton Jr. 5’8” 155lb
WR Cedric McFadden Sr. 5’11” 170lb
WR Jewellius Lluberes Sr. 5’9” 155lb
TE Mekai Griffin Sr. 6’2” 195lb
OL Dominic Johnson Sr. 6’3” 250lb
OL Gerrick Gordon Jr. 6’4” 300lb 3 star
OL G’Nivre Carr So. 6’5” 330lb offers from Miami FL, South Florida and Liberty University
PK Cooper Badics Sr. 5'8" 170lb (said to be good from 50 yards and in)

Defense (returns 3 starters)
CB Devontae Grant Jr. 6’0” 155lb offer from Florida A&M
CB Courtney Patterson Jr. 5’11” 155lb 3 star offers from Central Florida, West Virginia, Marshall, South Florida
SS Jeremiah Rehm Sr. 6’2” 183lb

Joe Eitel just updated his website and it looks like the 4th spot in R4 may be up for grabs between 3 teams
1 and 2 will definitely be Milford and Princeton
3 will definitely be the winner between LW and Hamilton
4 will be between StX, the loser of LW/Hamilton and the EE

Offensively the Bombers continue to struggle with illegal procedures, delay of game, miscues and turnovers.
In the Ignatius game they followed the blueprint rushing 43 times and passing 15 times (74% rush)
The rushing game was decent gaining 237 yards (5.5 yards per carry) but the passing game needs improvement
QB line of 4 for 15 for 48 yards, 1 INT and 1 unnecessary sack.
#3 and #7 need to complete at least half of their passes and hit the 100 yard mark

In the last 4 games Vollmer has rushed for 638 yards and Britt for 316 yards,
That's a 240 yard per game rushing average
Just need to get the passing game to produce at least 100 yards per game and with the Bomber defense should be able to make a run

Specht did.

The people that got it like to say "haha I got the message and you didn't" but then yell at you if you speak anything about it.
What was the message? He had enough of their bs? Tailgating Starts at 3pm? Herbie not any good but his Dad donates a lot of $$? He will Retire at Seasons End?

Defense (returns 3 starters)
CB Devontae Grant Jr. 6’0” 155lb offer from Florida A&M
CB Courtney Patterson Jr. 5’11” 155lb 3 star offers from Central Florida, West Virginia, Marshall, South Florida
SS Jeremiah Rehm Sr. 6’2” 183lb
All 3 of these players will also play WR

What was the message? He had enough of their bs? Tailgating Starts at 3pm? Herbie not any good but his Dad donates a lot of $$? He will Retire at Seasons End?
Don't know, they won't say. I speculated what it might have been and got threatened with a ban and was told I had ill intentions.

With Stallworth out and Bishop covering some at CB, junior LB Caron Seymour continues to get more PT and plays well (4 tackles and a sack)
Seymour is a wrecking ball out there from what I saw. That kid is full steam ahead at all times.
Bombers have a complete second set of LBs that could make an immediate impact in Lehamn, Schulte & Seymour.

Seymour is a wrecking ball out there from what I saw. That kid is full steam ahead at all times.
Bombers have a complete second set of LBs that could make an immediate impact in Lehamn, Schulte & Seymour.
Yeah, Seymour getting a lot of playing time on both sides of the ball - blocking back in the smash mouth formation on offense and in run defense

In the last 4 games Vollmer has rushed for 638 yards and Britt for 316 yards,
That's a 240 yard per game rushing average
Just need to get the passing game to produce at least 100 yards per game and with the Bomber defense should be able to make a run
Betting practice the next couple weeks focuses on passing plays to get the completion and yardage numbers up

How about the 2 decisions by the coaching staff in the St. I game: the fake punt and fresh legs Napier in the OT
I think holding Napier out has been beneficial. It probably has allowed him to truly get healthy, and its probably made him more hungry to get out there and run like a back his size should run. In that OT win, he was running with power and authority.

I think holding Napier out has been beneficial. It probably has allowed him to truly get healthy, and its probably made him more hungry to get out there and run like a back his size should run. In that OT win, he was running with power and authority.
The past 4 games Vollmer has averaged 21 carries, Britt 19 and Napier 3
I expect Napier's numbers to increase and lighten the load of the sophomores

I expect Napier's numbers to increase and lighten the load of the sophomore
Napier coming in as the "heavy" would be a great idea for short gains and the Red Zone.
He certainly looked to be healthy on Saturday.

IMO Vollmer needs to keep that many carries. Britt has not been nearly as effective lately and Napier and him should split carries.

The JV season is over so we'll see how many more sophomores are added to the varsity roster.
Currently there are 9.....Reeder was on it at season's start and he is getting some reps at LB and Stegbauer at RB
I doubt any other sophs will get PT but you never know

It took probably 7 to 8 weeks but this team finally has their identity IMO
Working so many inexperienced sophomores into starting roles was one factor but the Moeller game showed that the passing game wasn't where it needed to be in Cov's system.
It wasn't any one player's fault.......that game had blame for everyone, QBs, receivers, RBs and Linemen.
There were 5 turnovers, 2 sacks, 7 tackles for loss and only 10 points
Kudos to coaches for changing to a run oriented team
New plays, ideas and formations continue to evolve and more pass plays added for both QBs

Hopefully most of the new stuff can be saved for Week 12 or later
Win on Friday and a possibility of 2 more home games

Offense (returns 9 starters)
QB Preston Wright Jr. 6’2” 184lb (ranked 9th best QB in state of FL)
QB was good sized but not very accurate: 13 for 31 for 159 yards and 1 INT (Weber)
RB Jamarkus Starkes Sr. 5’10” 170lb
Decent player: 9 carries for 34 yards and 2 catches for 35 yards
WR Gerald “Juice” Lawton Jr. 5’8” 155lb
Juice was worth the squeeze: 2 catches for 32 yards, 2 carries for 13 yards
OL Gerrick Gordon Jr. 6’4” 300lb 3 star
OL G’Nivre Carr So. 6’5” 330lb offers from Miami FL, South Florida and Liberty University
Looked big, played big
PK Cooper Badics Sr. 5'8" 170lb (said to be good from 50 yards and in)
As advertised: 2 FG tries and both good from 39 and 41 yards
Also tossed a nice 23 yard pass on a fake FG for the 1st down
Stud: 4 tackles from CB position, solid coverage, 4 catches for 46 yards

#7 throws screens, hands ball off, and is no running threat. #3 can do that and actually is a running threat. Am I missing something? This offense isn't exactly complex and is highly predictable, so what is #7 bringing to the table that is unreplaceable?

#7 throws screens, hands ball off, and is no running threat. #3 can do that and actually is a running threat. Am I missing something? This offense isn't exactly complex and is highly predictable, so what is #7 bringing to the table that is unreplaceable?
It's a fair question
Will be interesting to see what happens in Week 11

Tonight: Vollmer 4 carries for 3 yards, Britt 14 carries for 124 yards, Napier 7 carries for 64 yards plus 2 catches for 27 yards and 2 TDs

Probably the most interesting stat of the night.......
Vollmer: 3 punts for 136 yards (45.8 avg) including a 61 yarder downed at the 1 inch line

Joe Eitel just updated his website and it looks like the 4th spot in R4 may be up for grabs between 3 teams
1 and 2 will definitely be Milford and Princeton
3 will definitely be the winner between LW and Hamilton
4 will be between StX, the loser of LW/Hamilton and the EE
Eitel just updated and there is a chance Elder could take the #4 spot from StX
1. Milford
2. Princeton
3. Lakota West
4. StX or Elder