Week 10: Elder

LaSalle2016

The GCL championship! Should be a good game between 2 solid teams. Elder should be favored by a tad but at home the Lancers could pull off the W! Who to look out for on Elder? QB Matthew Luebbe has a great shot at winning GCL South player of the year (17 passing tds, 11 rushing). He was second team GCL last year as an athlete. The offensive line is stacked as they have senior Jakob James (Ohio State commit, 4 star), senior Luke Kandra (Louisville commit, 3 star), and junior Drew Beckenhaupt (Toledo offer). The offensive line is a huge concern for our defense on top of having a playmaking QB. Senior TE Joe Royer (Ohio State commit, 3 star), TE David Larkins, and WR Drew Ramsey are other talented players to keep an eye on. Can the Lancers pull off the W?

La Salle can win this game for sure. If the Lancers play clean football, they can beat anybody.
I think so too. Hopefully Zach wipes out the last throw from his memory and keeps on playing like he has throughout the season. I can’t say I know much about the Elder defense but I’m thinking this could be a high scoring game.

I think so too. Hopefully Zach wipes out the last throw from his memory and keeps on playing like he has throughout the season. I can’t say I know much about the Elder defense but I’m thinking this could be a high scoring game.

One of the keys of this game will definitely be which Elder D shows up Friday night. They have made some improvements during the season but have had a number of games where they played great 1 half and not so great the other half. Tackling will be critical for the Elder D from hear on out. The LaSalle QB as fast or faster than Luebbe? You guys allow Pboy in Lancer Stadium?

I suspect Elder thought they could walk to the GCLS title. Elder fans called this game a wakeup call. I'm sure the Lancers thought they could walk to a win at Covington Catholic. That's why I hate any talk about walking through R8.